Hey look, it’s all-star week. Wonderful… stupendous… greaaaaat *said in sarcastic monotone voice* Real baseball? Blah! Give me games so I can play my game. I can’t even go to Draftkings… or can I? *writes note to text Sky* From my many years of watching movies and television shows I have gathered that a play is in two acts. I could look this up, but I don’t want the government thinking I’m going to plays. Speaking of the theater, I was watching Little Nikita the other night while I fought with my insomnia and was surprised when I found out that it was directed by the same guy that directed my Week 14th Update and this all star cast classic. Sorry guys… and girls, that was a whole lot of unnecessary, here is a good baseball fight clip for you, for putting up with me. Prior to the break, I had been ranking players by combining what they had done, what they will do, and to a small degree, their trade value. All in all, it was always looking forward. Today, I am traveling in time (but not really), to give you my top-100 ROS. Think of it as a clean slate for some, an endorsement of others, and a dumping on of those that I don’t like for the second half. So put on your head band on and let’s go to the future. Oh, wait, before moving on to the list I want you to know there is no creeper this week nor a frankencatcher. They will return next Sunday when we have full week ahead of us!
The Top 100 for the Second Half
DL – Dee Gordon, Denard Span, Josh Harrison, David Wright, Matt Holliday, Ryan Zimmerman, Corey Dickerson, Ender Inciarte, Wil Myers, Giancarlo Stanton, Freddie Freeman, Anthony Rendon, George Springer, Miguel Cabrera, Alex Gordon, Steven Souza.
- After further review I had to swap Goldy and Trout. It’s so close that it can go either way. Speaking of either way, if you own either you have nothing to worry about.
- For those that said 3rd base is shallow this year were really wrong. Four of my top 10 occupy the hot corner. I wouldn’t be shocked if Kris Bryant had a top 15 2nd half. Same goes for Crush Davis or the not really a sleeper but could be a monster Miguel Sano! Speaking of Sano, does anyone have a cool nick name for him? Please post one in the comments below.
- Just Dongs Martinez is me going out on a limb for the second half. With the loss of Miggy and the return V-Mart, who btw is hitting well, JD has opportunities in abundance. I’m banking on him jumping all over them and boosting the crap out of his counting stats.
- I got a strange call the other night. It was a digitized voice slowly saying Jose over and over. The mix of heavy breathing and an angle grinder in the background makes me think it was the Hitter-Tron and the Player Rater ganging up on me. PR really loves Jose ($40.9) in the 2nd half and I can’t handle any more of those phone calls.
- Players 11-25 are a mix of guys I’m either really excited about or guys that have a lot of history on their side. Some with history on their side have question marks but also haven’t given me enough reason to drop them further. Joey Bats shoulder really sucks. On the flip side I love the Pollock and the Blackmon who I have loved all year. In the Razznasty Dynasty League I own both. One guy I wished I owned is Betts, he has really come on and is looking like that guy that so many over drafted.
- Upton, Hanley and Marte are three guys I don’t want to own in the second half. Two oblique’s and a Hanley are all passes for me. I have a hard time believing Marte can keep up his 31.7% HR/FB. What does seems possible is Hanley will have a ghost injury…jinkies!
- I love Jay Bruce in the second half. I don’t know what else to tell you, but I heart him and I want you to own him. His batted ball profile and increased Hard Contact percentage scream power surge. I’m banking on it.
- I’m wishy washy on Joc Pederson. His July has been silent and by playing in the all-star game he isn’t taking a break. He has great speed they never use and if he doesn’t pick up the power by August then we got a problem.
- With Springer out the Astros have moved Altuve back to where he belongs at lead-off and they have Correa batting third. I love the opps Correa will be getting and that is reflected in my ranks. If you own him you better hold him.
- Cameron Maybin fascinates me. We have been waiting his whole career for him to be this relevant and if he gets traded then this could all go to sh**. He’s playing like the player drafters thought they were getting in Yelich. I doubt with his price tag he will get moved to be a 4th outfielder but I also read rumors that the Braves want to hold on to him.
- Lots of players here should have IHSH (if he stays healthy) in front of their name. Choo, Reddick, Byrd, Belt, Morales, CarGo, Pence, and Pedroia come to mind first. I woud temper my expectations with these players.
- I’m at a lost when it comes to Jorge Soler. I left him here for his unbelievable upside and if I had the chance I would buy low on him. It’s a gamble, but one worth it for me.
- I welcome all your questions and criticisms for this list. Its my take on how I value players for the “2nd half” of the 2015 season. I’m not as worried about what they have done so far but what they will do going forward. Let’s just hope only JoFer makes Todd Frazier look like Fatolo.
If you need an over the net friend you can follow J-FOH on Twitter.