Welcome to the beginning of the end, baseball fans. Playoffs in fantasy baseball are underway, and this list of two start pitchers might make or break your season. Before we get to the list, we need to take a moment to talk about the Cleveland Indians, soon to be Defenders. This name change is perfect for them because their lineup is actually, quite “offensive”, too hitters everywhere. The Indians were No-Hit yesterday for the 3rd time this season by Corbin Burnes and Josh Hader, striking out 16 times in the game. The “offensive” Defenders broke the MLB record for most times No-Hit in a season. This is a record that will most likely never be broken. Also, just so all you readers are aware, there will be no individual writeups this week. Now that, that is out of the way, lets get to the injury news.
To the news! Gerrit Cole is expected to return to the Yankees Rotation this week, they are hoping for Tuesday but we’ll see. Also, Jameson Taillon hit the 10 day IL with a tendon injury in his right ankle. Sadly, one of my favorite rookies this year Shane McClanahan was placed on the IL with lower back tightness, he pitched through it though. It looks like the Rays are just getting him rested for the playoffs. Adding to the spiraling Covid concerns of the Red Sox, Chris Sale is on the Covid IL. Also, the Astros are hopeful Zack Greinke will return to the mound for them at some point this week. And Lastly, the Cardinals are optimistic Jack Flaherty will be returning in some fashion before the season ends. So if you are in the hunt for a championship and have Flaherty, monitor his return closely. Good Luck!!
1. Gerrit Cole NYY: (9/14 @ BAL)(9/19 vs CLE)
– I said no write-ups but Cole needed an addendum. As long as he starts as scheduled Tuesday he will get a 2 start week.
2. Sandy Alcantara MIA: (9/13 @ WAS)(9/19 vs PIT)
3. Lucas Giolito CHW: (9/14 vs LAA)(9/19 @ TEX)
– Another pitcher returning from injury, another addendum. Giolito is scheduled to start Tuesday, whether the Chi Sox chose to keep Reynaldo Lopez in the rotation will dictate whether or not Giolito gets two starts this week, so be sure to monitor the situation.
4. Frankie Montas OAK: (9/14 @ KC)(9/19 @ LAA)
5. Yu Darvish SD: (9/13 @ SF)(9/18 @ STL)
6. Adam Wainwright STL: (9/13 @ NYM)(9/19 vs SD)
7. Kyle Gibson PHI: (9/14 vs CHC)(9/19 @ NYM)
8. Wade Miley CIN: (9/14 @ PIT)(9/19 vs LAD)
9. Alek Manoah TOR: (9/13 vs TB)(9/19 vs MIN)
10. Anthony DeSclafani SF: (9/13 vs SD)(9/18 vs ATL)
11. Jose Urquidy HOU: (9/14 @ TEX)(9/19 vs ARI)
12. Aaron Civale CLE: (9/14 @ MIN)(9/19 @ NYY)
13. Jake Odorizzi HOU: (9/13 @ TEX)(9/18 vs ARI)
14. Eduardo Rodriguez BOS: (9/13 @ SEA)(9/19 vs BAL)
15. Logan Gilbert SEA: (9/13 vs BOS)(9/19 @ KC)
16. Jon Gray COL: (9/14 @ ATL)(9/19 @ WAS)
POINTS LEAGUES ONLY
17. Zac Gallen ARI: (9/13 @ LAD)(9/19 @ HOU)
18. Rich Hill NYM: (9/13 vs STL)(9/19 vs PHI)
19. Touki Toussaint ATL: (9/14 vs COL)(9/19 @ SF)
20. Ryan Yarbrough TB: (9/13 @ TOR)(9/19 vs DET)
21. Paolo Espino WAS: (9/13 vs MIA)(9/19 vs COL)
Joe Ryan MIN: (9/14 vs CLE)(9/19 @ TOR), A.J. Alexy TEX: (9/13 vs HOU)(9/18 vs CHW), Wily Peralta DET: (9/14 vs MIL)(9/19 @ TB), John Gant MIN: (9/13 @ NYY)(9/18 @ TOR), Spencer Howard TEX: (9/14 vs HOU)(9/19 vs CHW), Alex Wells BAL: (9/14 vs NYY)(9/19 @ BOS), Adrian Sampson CHC: (9/14 @ PHI)(9/19 @ MIL), Janson Junk LAA: (9/14 @ CHW)(9/19 vs OAK), Dillon Peters PIT: (9/14 vs CIN)(9/19 @ MIA)
Can we all hope Janson Junk becomes a great pitcher just based on his name value alone?