Tap on the shoulder, now tap on the other shoulder. Swords and knights yadda, yadda. Pun joke and title inclusion over. I could probably draw it out to upmost degree, but I’ll just end it and rip the bandaid off and jump into the welcome back Kotter bullpen of Philadelphia. If the collective bullpen in Philly isn’t called the Sweathogs, they are doing something wrong. The Vinnie Babarino that is emerging as the future leader is most definitely Seranthony Dominguez. Dude set a record with hitless streaks to start the year for a rookie and is now the go to, end all be all holds guy for the Phillies. His arsenal screams future closer, but Kapler’s fear of commitment and Neris owning pictures of some relative of his. Dominguez is the guy, for now and for later. With 5 holds and 1 save in his last 6 appearances, he is involved in almost every winning game the Phillies are. He checks all the proverbial boxes that we have previously discussed when looking for a reliever to roster. Plus he has the save appeal, which is similar to curb appeal, minus the fact that you don’t need shrubs or a Chinese maple tree to accent how dominant he has been. Holds for now, saves for later for the Sir of the Cheesesteak. Roster with confidence as his results are great, but be patient as Kapler is a mad scientist with his bullpen decision making skills. Holds week brings the best out of all of us, because you play in a league with holds. That’s why we are fake internet friends.
- The Blue Jays are going to be in flux again, all that Clippard FAAB money could be washed away into a committee. Tepera and Oh are the spec adds for some consistency North of the border.
- Still love me some Dan Winkler and his stats aren’t anything to dump, unless the allure of saves is what you are chasing. 0.89 ERA and 12 plus K-rate are sexy as all get out.
- If and when the Tigers do punt Joe Jimenez is still the roster, for deeper leagues where you can wait on him he has been sneaky good in front of Shane Greene. 4 holds and 14 K/9 over his last 6 appearances.
- With Raisel Iglesias hitting the DL, it opens up a chain of relievers to come. Amir Garrett was going for the multi-inning save and gave a homer, only to leave the game and Jared Hughes getting the save. The order is still mucky because what if Amir didn’t give up the homer. Hughes and Garrett should both be owned if chasing the save dragon.
- Juan Nicasio is the butterface of holds guys.
- Will Smith is getting some new love, NOT by his new rapping though, but in the SF pen. Just starting to get some high leverage stuff after 11 appearances. Which is good for hold chasing on the cheap.
- The dominance in the Astros rotation is leading to a lot of right-handed LOOGY love for Will Harris, 4 holds in last 2 weeks of play. Crazy deep pen the Astros have.
- Sleeper reliever of the Week: Lou Trivino, K/9 approaching 10 and the A’s need a stand-up guy in front of Treinen.
|Player||Holds/BS||App with Lead||IR Runners/IR Scored|