There haven’t been any big callups and there may not be again this year. The cards are mostly on the table. Best of luck in your final push for fantasy greatness. Hopefully you’re flush with Yelich’s and Lindor’s but a Moore or Rojas may do in a pinch. Like Billy Idol said, and I think it was in reference to September steals in fantasy baseball, we need “More, more, more. More, more, more.”Please, blog, may I have some more?
When you drive a normal car the feeling of a luxury sedan is amazing. It’s stylish, sleek, and handles like a dream. Going back to your regular-ass vehicle makes you realize just how pedestrian you are. Hopefully you have the fantasy budget to land Gavin Lux and live life high on the hog.Please, blog, may I have some more?
Yours truly caved in and purchased a minivan last week with the arrival of child number two. If you decline to take any further of my baseball advice I will understand. Let me tell you something, though. I love it. It’s roomy. There’s a TV in it. The sound of rain on the giant flat roof is hypnotically melodic. Just like a fantasy season, life goes in stages. Don’t get stuck holding on to something from yesterday that will ruin your tomorrow. You could end up like Matt Foley, thrice divorced, eating a steady diet of government cheese, and living in a van, down by the river. Tiers are of course van themed.Please, blog, may I have some more?
We’re on the precipice of September call ups so don’t go wild this week. There are a few usable options that are likely available to you, however. Squeeze what you can out of them during this calm before the September storm.Please, blog, may I have some more?
What a disaster major league pitching has been this year. With the juiced ball on top of mounting injuries, we’re all plugging holes faster than Captain Ahab. If you’re in good shape in your pitching categories I recommend a conservative approach using a stopgap reliever until you can sort out something more permanent. Protect those ratios, maybe grab a few strikeouts, and figure out your fringe solution on your bench.Please, blog, may I have some more?
I hope you’re all making a standings push as we inch toward September. Now is the time for action. Don’t wait too long and need a drastic solution. Don’t be like Patrick Swayze’s star character in Road House, bouncer extraordinaire Dalton. He kept having to up the violence ante to maintain the status quo. Look ahead at which categories could be within reach with a few wise adds this week.Please, blog, may I have some more?
If you need speed you’re in luck of late. New options for steals chasers having been popping up. Don’t fret if you don’t have the budget left for Bo Bichette. There are some lesser names that can help boost the category for you.
- The last of the Wunderkind got the call as Bo Bichette joined the Blue Jays major league team. Speed is certainly part of his profile, though the power may translate to the majors easier if he isn’t given that many green lights. You’d better have some FAAB squirreled away. He won’t come cheap.
- Josh VanMeter swiped three bases last week. That’s a healthy amount for someone without an elite speed profile. It’s interesting to see the steals flow as JVM was moved more into the heart of the Reds order.
- Two Braves, Ender Inciarte and Johan Camargo, have found themselves with more playing time lately. Inciarte is the better bet for steals, though Camargo can sprinkle in a little bit of everything if he gets going with regular at-bats.
- The newest Cleveland Indian Yasiel Puig has already stolen two bases in four games. It could be somewhat coincidental. It could also signal the Tribe’s intentions for their newest toy.
- Roman Quinn has always offered tools, the greatest of which is his 80-grade speed. His challenges have always been finding at-bats and staying healthy. Let’s see if the Phillies can find ways to keep their sparkplug involved.
- Scott Oberg notched his first save since Wade Davis was demoted. You won’t get elite ratios or an exceptional K/9. They aren’t going to be detrimental, though. Let’s face it, you’ll take saves from any avenue at this point. Please, blog, may I have some more?
Trade deadline is fast approaching Wednesday, July 31, at 4 PM ET. There is no waiver deadline this year, so, the next few days could contain a number of closer changes. It’s time to take your shots on potential closer changes and see what happens.Please, blog, may I have some more?
Congratulations to Roto-Wan on the birth of his child! Playing a little catch up on the baseball world myself as I was out at a bachelor party all weekend. July is coming to a close, and every week matters as you chase down every point that you can for a title run.Please, blog, may I have some more?
We’re off and running in the second half of the baseball season. Get busy padding your steals category before September comes and you’re staring up the standings at someone who did.Please, blog, may I have some more?