Congratulations to Roto-Wan on the birth of his child! Playing a little catch up on the baseball world myself as I was out at a bachelor party all weekend. July is coming to a close, and every week matters as you chase down every point that you can for a title run.
- He’s not going to be available in your leagues, but Ronald Acuna Jr. is running wild with 8 steals in his last 8 games.
- Roenis Elias has not had a good July sporting a 15.43 ERA with a 2.14 WHIP for the month. Anthony Bass is worth a pickup if you’re chasing saves. They CAN’T let Elias take the ball in the 9th again, right?
- Keep an eye on Oliver Drake in Tampa as another guy that may join the closer rotation for the Rays.
- Aaron Bummer moving up the pecking order for saves is Colome gets traded for the South side Sox.
- I can’t tell you which catchers will play when, but some of the teams with the best catcher duos to run against include: Atlanta, Cincinnati, Texas, and San Francisco.
- If you’re looking at DFS, or just utilizing daily lineups to the fullest, specific catchers to target runners against include: Wilson Ramos, Stephen Vogt, Yasmani Grandal, and Brian McCann.
- Niko Goodrum (63% ownership on Fantrax) has 3 stolen bases in his last 5 games and quadruple position eligibility.
- Willy Adames has hit .278 since the break with 1 steal over that time. While his season steals totals aren’t overly impressive, he is top 100 in sprint speed, so, a bump in production in the stolen bases department isn’t out of the question.
- Could Manuel Margot finally be capitalizing on all that athletic ability? I think it’s possible. At the least, it seems as though he has a role as a platoon bat, but hitting. 385 with 2 stolen bases and a home run since the break, and he’s been hitting out of the 2 spot the last few games.
Bottom 20 Catchers in Stolen Bases Allowed By Innings Pitched
Bottom 20 Pitcher in Stolen Bases Allowed By Innings Pitched