Just for reference, as I was out and about, the “cult” classic by Lisa Lisa was on. Now you can admit it or you can lie about it, but if you hear this song on in the privacy of your own aloneness, and you turn the radio up. I’m sorry but it’s true. If not, it is completely just me and I have some severe music intangible listening ability that is slightly off. Where was I? Bullpens you say, bullpens I say. The first real bullpen post after the trade deadline is always a tough tell. The good contending teams basically stack up the depth of their pens and make the most unique and usable reliever an after thought, or a “questionable” own in holds leagues. I hate that this happens, because you roll along all season with a set it and forget it holds option and poof, they go to a contender and now are fourth fiddle. And nobody remembers the fourth fiddler in the Charlie Daniels’ band. If you do, climb out the basement and stare at the sun awhile, you two have missed each other’s company. So if you are sitting on names that changed to a contender that are now tertiary in line for a hold, move on. Grab a first-chair guy maybe on a lesser team, or even from that guys old team. This time of the year, if trying to capitalize on the utmost hold capabilities, there can be no allegiances. No saluting your past accumulation and move on. I am adding in a chart this week that shows holds and chances for the last 30 days to lessen the load on your research ability. After all it’s Friday, you ain’t got no job, why not stay and hang out with Smokey?
- Last night the Yankees bullpen basically imploded, allowing more ER in the first two days of August as they did in the previous 15 games. Team ERA is still a league leading 3.13, but got exposed by the hot Red Sox bats. Hang onto Green, Betances and Robertson for now. But if you wanna go all House of Pain and jump around blessing given.
- Matt Barnes is en fuego, he shouldn’t be unowned in any league right now. 19+ K-rate and the Sox aren’t losing many games, so he is the comfy foot bridge from starters to Kimbrel. Hembree is the own over Kelly also.
- The Oakland bullpen is just a sneaky great place to find value. Treinen, as I have said, is mint. Trivino is a putting genius and now we get to see what the preseason love from me was all about with Yusmeiro Petit gaining form. Not seeing the holds, but quality of innings is there and vulture boy for wins.
- Seung-hwan Oh looks like the final boss from a few years ago in the last few appearances. not going to get the upmost holds because of Ottavino, but is better than anyone else in that pen right now.
- Sleepy Reliever of the week, Ray Black of the Giants. Dude was a great bulpen prospect then got lost, and hurt. SF has nothing to do but try some interesting pieces. He is one.
Holds Chart Last 30 Days:
|Player||Holds/BS||App with Lead||K/9|
|Carl Edwards Jr.||5/0||7||11.88|