Just when the ship couldn’t sink any lower, the Giants lost their closer for the second time this year. When it happens once, sure… twice? I have my doubts. Mark Melancon hit the DL with more arm ailments and received a PRP injection in his arm. No, a PRP injection isn’t something that you search for on your go-to-p0rn site of choice. It is never a good thing, especially for a scuffling team like the Giants. They have already had attempts at the closer with Derek law, Hunter Strickland/ and now re-tread candidate Sam Dyson is thrown into the fray. I mean, I am no Nostradamus here, but it doesn’t look good. It’s almost like that 2:00 AM special when you stare across the bar and try to decide if it’s better then going home alone and revisiting that PRP search on that website of choice. We saw earlier this year that Dyson is not to be trusted, granted that saves are saves are saves, but at what cost? An inflated ERA and 1-2 save chances a week… maybe. Hunter Strickland got the first save, but only because Dyson was plucked from the bullpen in 4-of-the-last-5. For a team that struggles to score runs, can’t keep the ball in the yard from a starting pitcher standpoint, and a bullpen with tons of failed attempts at a closer, the benefit just isn’t there. So if you must, the order as of right now is: Dyson, Strickland, then Kontos. But for a team with only 16 saves to show on the season, the chase is more exciting than the ownership. Enough about the city of Rice-A-Roni, and onto the week in Holds and such!
- Oh no, another BS save for the Final Boss. Rosie gets his mop and cleans up. If and when something changes, it’s all Rosey and he should now be owned in every league… yes, your league.
- Who doesn’t love a healthy Box? Brad that is. Regaining health and the Rays with a valuable asset in relief in Colome is like a five dollar bill burning a hole in my pocket. Those looking for RP depth, look for B-Rad to be back and in high leverage soon.
- Jose LeClerc looks locked in for the Rangers as the go-to, get the out gut in the 7-8th inning guy. Eleven K’s in the last fortnight makes anyone who still uses the term fortnight on the regular happy.
- In case of mental instability, add Danny Barnes in the land of Maple leafs. No more Grilli, and Joe Smith has looked ordinary.
- Dumpster diving is never a bad thing, go look at Joaquin Benoit.
- Sometimes lefties just are the way to go with Holds, if you think so go add Boone Logan and/or Brett Cecil. Both dealing with some minor tinkering and figuring out in their pens is a Boone to their Cecil… I mean value.
- If you see Bud Norris on the waiver wire, go add him in a save desperate world he is a save material girl.
- Sneaky reliever of the week: George Kontos.
|Player||Holds/BS||App with Lead||IR Runners/IR Scored|