It’s Masters Week! Let’s enjoy some Augusta themed tiers (hold the bigotry). First some (mostly bad) closer news.
- Jose Leclerc blew a save and couldn’t get more than one out with a four-run lead. He’s earned some leash, but we’ve seen ineffective periods from him before. Expensive salads don’t melt down. He’s downgraded for a spell.
- The Mariners can’t seem to get their bullpen sorted. Anthony Swarzak is their best arm but that means coming in when it’s the seventh or eighth. He should still see more saves than any other reliever for them.
- Hate to say I told you so on Trevor May, but also I told you so on Trevor May. When in doubt back greed. His deployment is very characteristic of a team looking to save in arbitration. Not that he won’t see any save opps, they’ll just be too unpredictable for most of our leagues. Blake Parker gets most of the looks with Taylor Rogers matching up with lefties on occasion.
- Raisel Iglesias got through a clean ninth inning for a save finally. That’s encouraging but between his struggles and being used in other innings I’m dropping him all the way to the bottom rung until we can feel comfortable in his stuff and role.
$12 Souvenir Hat
Dropping too much money on crap you don’t need is a quintessential part of the Masters experience. Will you ever wear this tacky shade of green and yellow again? No. Will that stop you from dropping beaucoup dollars on souvenirs? Also no.
- Edwin Diaz (Jeurys Familia)
- Blake Treinen (Fernando Rodney, Lou Trivino)
- Kenley Jansen (Joe Kelly, Pedro Baez)
- Roberto Osuna (Ryan Pressly, Hector Rondon)
- Brad Hand (Jon Edwards)
- Kirby Yates (Craig Stammen)
- Felipe Vazquez (Keone Kela, Richard Rodriguez)
- Josh Hader (Jeremy Jeffress)
Pimento Cheese Sandwichs
Is it a weird sounding food? Yes. They’re reasonably priced, though, and when in Rome…
- Jose Leclerc (Jesse Chavez)
- Aroldis Chapman (Adam Ottavino / Zach Britton)
- Sean Doolittle (Kyle Barraclough, Trevor Rosenthal)
- Wade Davis (Seung-Hwan Oh, Scott Oberg)
- Will Smith (Mark Melancon, Tony Watson)
- Jose Alvarado (Diego Castillo)
- Cody Allen (Ty Buttrey)
- Ken Giles (Joe Biagini, IL: Ryan Tepera)
- Shane Greene (Joe Jimenez)
There isn’t much glamour in their utilitarian existence. Having one will make your experience measurably better, however. Find some shade preferably to park yours.
- Matt Barnes / Ryan Brasier (Heath Hembree)
- Jordan Hicks (Andrew Miller)
- Alex Colome (Kelvin Herrera, Nate Jones)
- Arodys Vizcaino / A.J. Minter
- Anthony Swarzak / Roenis Elias
- Greg Holland (Archie Bradley, Yoshihisa Hirano)
- Pedro Strop (Steve Cishek / IL: Brandon Morrow)
The crowds are more respectful at Augusta than perhaps any other sporting event. These aristocrats of the golf world still have shit that stinks. It has to go somewhere and as the day wears on portable toilets get full. You don’t want to find yourself in desperate need of one in that status.
- Raisel Iglesias (Jared Hughes, David Hernandez)
- Blake Parker (Trevor May, Taylor Rogers)
- Seranthony Dominguez / David Robertson / Hector Neris
- Mychal Givens (Paul Fry, Richard Bleier)
- Brad Boxberger / Wily Peralta / Ian Kennedy
- Drew Steckenrider / Sergio Romo / Adam Conley