Take the opportunity this week to sneak some adds by your leaguemates who could very well be distracted by the impending start of the NFL season. Things are happening around the league on the waiver front. The last crop of rookies are getting their shots. Some IL returns are happening. Time to push your chips in.
- Ty Buttrey had been due for a meltdown and two finally came this weekend with back to back three-run outings. That cracked the door for Felix Pena to blow a save of his own. It’s probably back to Buttrey next opp.
- Kevin Ginkel got the first Diamondback save since Archie Bradley was traded. He probably has some leash as their closer in waiting. His ERA is skewed by a couple slanted number innings.
- It seems like the Giants are settling into Taylor Rogers/Tony Watson as their closer compliments. Neither is perfect. You can probably kick in a save per week with either going forward.
- Scan your waiver wires for recently activated Austin Slater or Andrelton Simmons. Slater had been having a break with six steals. Simmons isn’t as aggressive but can chip in an occasional steal with plus batting average.
- Randy Arozarena has been getting some run for the Rays lately. His main role is against LHP. He double-donged Sunday bringing his week to 3 HRs and 1 SB. The Ray’s are looking for ABs from anywhere at the moment.