How any more FAAB periods do we have to go? Is it the All-Star Break yet? There’s plenty of baseball left, as the Masters just concluded in a Tiger Woods win. Speed is as scarce as ever. There are very few dependable sources for steals. Smart owners are constantly on the lookout for a good opportunity to gamble on a guy in a plus situation to swipe a bag. You need a runner able to pull the trigger when they actually manage to get on just like Tiger in the hunt for a win, or an opp at a Perkins.
- The White Sox have yet to throw a runner out, giving up eleven steals. The host the Royals for three games and visit Detroit for four. Expect some Kansas City cooking. I’m even interested in a Josh Harrison or Jacoby Jones spec add.
- Tim Anderson had himself a week, racking up four steals. Three of them against the Rays. His stats tend to come in bunches so lean into the hot streak.
- Two Mariners sit perched atop the steals leaderboard in Dee Gordon and Mallex Smith. That’s going to be a be race if both can stay healthy.
- Aside from the White Sox catchers, Yasmani Grandal has had a tough go lately. The Dodgers have five total games against them.
- If you’re fishing for a save the Phillies and Mariners have seven games apiece this week. Neither backend is that predictable so take your shot on guys like Roenis Elias or Hector Neris types.
Here are the catchers being run on the most so far this season.