J.J. Hardy has been hotter than a Latin woman frying chorizo in the Sahara desert.  Why she is in the Sahara is fodder for a J.J. Abrams movie.  In 2008, Hardy hit 24 homers and .283 in his fourth big league season.  Then poof.  Nothing.  He vanished.  Or did he?  It’s the real Hardy Boy mystery and, if he did it in a small bucolic town, it could be read as voiceover by Keith Morrison on Dateline.  He’s still only 28 years old and capable of 20+ homers over the course of the season.  Over the last ten games alone, 3 home runs and hitting .395.  Next week, the moon!  And Abrams might have a thing to say about why the moon too.  If Hardy’s on waivers, I’d absolutely grab him to see if he can continue to hit and stay healthy.  J.J.’s dyn-o-mite!  Anyway, here’s what else I saw yesterday in fantasy baseball:

Tommy Hanson – Scratched from his Friday start with a sore shoulder.  Hanson’s value goes Mmmmplop.  Hopefully, he just needs a few days, but a shoulder problem… Well, just keep telling yourself he’s gonna be all right.

Randall Delgado – Will take Hanson’s Friday start.  Where did I just read about him?  Oh, I know!  Here, two days ago.  Stephen just dropped his Randall Delgado fantasy on you.  He wrote it while sitting outside of Diane Lane’s house.  Creepy!

Brandon Beachy – Had a solid rehab start.  Will have one more next week and then rejoin the Braves rotation.  And not too soon after Minor’s start last night.

Chipper Jones – Glass Chipper left yesterday’s game with a groin strain.  Vegas pays out a nickel for every thousand dollars bet that Jones would get injured.

Jordan Schafer – 5-for-6, 3 runs and a mention in this afternoon’s Buy/Sell.  It’s Friday, ya’ll!

Jeremy Guthrie – Left the start yesterday when his back went all spastic.  That sounds like an adjective my elementary school teachers used to describe me.

Zach Stewart – 7 IP, 2 ER, 8 baserunners, 4 Ks.  Was called up to take Kyle Drabek’s spot in the rotation.  Stewart’s numbers this year in the minor leagues leave something to be desired.  Something like a better K-rate.  He’s a passable flyer in an AL-Only league and not kosher in mixed leagues, i.e., pass-over-able.

Jon Rauch – 0 IP, 2 ER.  The Blue Jays will be holding auditions for closer at the West Covina Mall this Saturday from 10 to 2.

Adam Lind – 2-for-4 and his 14th home run.  I drink Lind’s milkshake!

Tsuyoshi Nishioka – Returned from the DL and went 1-for-4 in the three hole.  I had a friend who’s found great enjoyment in the three hole.  Personally, I don’t– Wait, what?  Oh, Nishioka.  He’ll be in this afternoon’s Buy/Sell.  I look forward to you skimming it on your mobile phone while you go to the bathroom.

Michael Cuddyer – 2-for-4 with his 10th home run.  On Wednesday, he stole three bases.  On Tuesday, he hit another home run.  Finally, he’s hitting .643 in the last week.  For those who have him at 2nd base, you did well and I’m a little jealous.  Are you happy now?

Ryan Raburn – 1-for-3 with his 6th home run.  Why’d he hit a home run?  Because I finally dropped him in one league.  Alcides Escobar, you better keep stealing bases.

Grady Sizemore – 0-for-4.  I try not to talk about the same players every day because then it gets boring for both of us.  I’ve now gone over a month since my last Sizemore mention.  On May 12th, I told you to sell him.  Since then, he has 1 home run, zero steals and is batting .203.  I don’t think selling is an option anymore.  Now you have to start thinking about cutting bait.

Jayson Werth – 2nd game in a row with a home run.  Wanna have your mind blown?  Okay:  34/10/26/.240/9; 25/10/27/.292/2.  The 1st one is marginally better because of the steals, but when you consider draft cost… Well, the first one is Werth; the second one is Laynce Nix.  Of course, Espinosa has been better than both of them at middle infield, but no one wants to own him.

Brian Gordon – 5 1/3 IP, 2 ER, 10 baserunners, 3 Ks. Started in place of Colon, he’s a herbathrowdite that was recently in the Phillies minor league system.  He had Bugs Bunny-type numbers this year in Triple-A — 56:7 K:BB, 0.83 WHIP in 55 1/3 IP.  Those are the kind of numbers that give hope to Brian Anderson and Tony Pena Jr. with their position reassignment.  I wouldn’t touch Gordon in mixed leagues yet, but I would look at him in AL-Only leagues.  Maybe one day ESPN can do a movie on him starring Chaz Bono.

Chris Snyder – His wife was attacked in a traffic dispute.  In a related story, Scott Cousins’ wife ran over a pedestrian.

Clay Buchholz – Left his start yesterday with lower back stiffness, which is less awkward than lower front stiffness.

Jake Peavy – Looked great in his rehab start.  Better bring him up immediately before he gets injured again.

Zack Greinke – 5 1/3 IP, 6 ER, 10 baserunners, 10 Ks.  His ERA is now up to 5.23.  BUY!  Seriously, don’t walk, run and buy him.  His K:BB is 70:9.  That’s a thing of beauty.  That’s in 53 1/3 IP.  Schnikes!  I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a 2.50 ERA the rest of the way.  Here’s Grey, here’s Grey going on a limb.  Snap or no snap?  No snap!

Cliff Lee – 9 IP, 0 ER, 4 baserunners, 4 Ks.  Superb Lee.

Matt Garza – 6 IP, 5 ER and the conshellation win.  Any time you wanna pitch as well as your peripherals, Garza, feel free!

Gio Gonzalez – 6 IP, 2 ER, 7 baserunners, 10 Ks.  Continues to be a must start at home and must take ulcer medicine because of his control issues.

Jose Lopez – 0-for-3.  Getting some starts at 3B for the Marlins as they long for the Jorge Cantu era.  They’ve even asked if he’ll change his name to Jose Cantulopez and answer to the nickname of “El Melon.”

Moneyball – I know, big fantasy news here!  Still, I’m giddy for this movie.  How could you not be?  It’s a movie that hinges on Scott Hatteberg.  A couple of thoughts on the trailer (which I’ve posted below).  Would’ve loved to been a fly on the wall for this pre-production conversation:  “We need an actor that can convincingly tell Brad Pitt he can’t pay retail prices for players?”  “Well, he’s gotta be nebbishy… Paul Giamatti?”  “Too old.  Too goy.”  “Hey, how about Jonah Hill?”  “Brilliant!”  Also, can’t wait for this scene in the movie:  “Who’s that sidearmin’ fella?”  “The name is Bradford.  Chad Bradford.”  Finally, this is the kind of movie that will have end titles about what happened after the movie ends.  Hope it reads something like this, “The A’s never did win a World Series and all of their relative success was due in large part to Eric Chavez, Miguel Tejada and Jason Giambi — three juice heads.”

1. Marqo says:

When do you finally praise Ian Kennedy? So far he’s a Top10 Fantasy Pitcher and I don’t see him slowing down for the remainder of the season.
    Show some love!

2. Big Timer says:

David Wright for Grienke?

Who wins?

3. Garvey's Illegitimate Child says:

@grey, I love the west covina mall reference

4. Tourinct says:

Why do we have to wait until fall for this movie? I remember seeing Jaws during the summer.

5. jonnycat says:

@Grey I dropped Raburn, too, in a drunken pique Wednesday and had a flutter of panic when I saw that HR last night. Cliff Pennington better start stealing some bases.

6. tmi says:

“I look forward to you skimming it on your mobile phone while you go to the bathroom.” I read this on my mobile phone while going to the bathroom. Weird.

7. virinder says:

What to do about Hanson?? Expect a trip to the DL? How about Rest of Season projections??

8. junker23 says:

Greinke’s supposed to have been pitching well for the last month now, I think.

9. Trevor

tggq21 says:

Grey,

Title made me Pee my pants… Are we starting Marcum against the Red Sox tonight H2H 5×5? Thanks

10. Buge Hoobs says:

In my 5×5 10 team, I am finally ready to cut Grady loose. (I believed in him and resisted for no apparent reason)

I am middle of the road in all hitter cats, so who’s the best pick up? Smoak, Trumbo, Helton, Huff, Damon, Seth smith

11. Oilcan Giuseppe says:

a movie about Billy Beane and his “groundbreaking” strategy for putting together a championship team?….

y’think Brad Pitt knows that under Beane the A’s have won exactly one playoff series and after doing so got swept in the ALCS?

having said all that,I’m such a baseball obsessed geek that I DO want to see the movie…..plus,Pitt IS kinda’ dreamy.

12. Oilcan Giuseppe says:

Grey:10 team 8×8 h2h keeper league(QS,K/9,TB,OBP)….would you give up Alex Gordon and Valverde for Greinke?

how about Bossman and Valverde for Greinke?

13. Salty Balty says:

I just got R. Zimm back off the DL, but picked up Peralta after Zimm went down way back when. I don’t know who to play at 3B now with Peralta actually putting together a great season (for him). I’m thinking of riding Peralta until Zimm shows signs of life. Good plan? Should I just play Zimm and put Peralta on the bench? I could put Zimm in one of my UTIL spots, but that would require benching A. Jones or Espinosa (who might be my favorite player in all of baseball right now). Thoughts on benching Zimm for now?

14. Bosmosis says:

Hey Grey. 12 team 6×5 HxH league (R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, TB, standard pitching stats), thinking of offering Mike Morse for Greinke. Don’t really need him at 1B (have Votto) and my OF is pretty solid (McCutchen, Heyward, Pence, Krispie, Gordon). Traded Granderson for Beckham in week 2 so am feeling a little wary about giving up a guy who may go on to hit 35-40 HRs, but my pitching could use help (Liriano, Oswalt, Billingsley, Scherzer, Kuroda, Hellickson) Thoughts? Offer Morse?

15. Tony says:

@GREY/RUDY/Razzers: I need some help here, i’m seriously considering accepting this deal: 12 Team H2H league, 10×10 so we count individual hits, etc and we have a 32 inning MIN on pitching, we count losses, QS’s, BB, etc…. I was offered:

CHOO, Sandoval & Shields

for MY Cargo/Wright?

Thoughts? I own Hanson, if he goes down another SP would be nice. Choo has to come out of it? He’s been hitting just recently? And Sandoval fills in at 3B? Im almost looking at this like Wright isnt in it bc HEY! he hasn’t existed on my team all year! He’s SUPPOSED to come back around all start break? THEY SAY IN METS LAND.

Whatdyathink people….? Preseason no way, but right now? with wrights back? Weigh in please…. thanks!

16. PepeSilvia says:

rank ‘em for the ROS:

C Bills
    Oswalt
    Garza

thanks!

17. Scott says:

Bumgarner or Liriano?

18. Luke T says:

I will have to go see that movie, I likes me some baseball stories. Also, I use my Ipad while in the bathroom to scroll, and I own Danny Espinosa, call my crazy, or sick. In unrealated news, whats up with Oswalts K’s? I was looking at last years stats and he had over 200′ thIs year he hasnt even broke 40. Is he just slowing down?

19. Wilsonian says:

Do you drop Lawrie or Hughes in a 16 team H2H for McGehee? Currently playing Turner at 3rd. Those two are the only ones I can see dropping at all.

20. Mr. Rickey says:

I admit that my middle infield is an embarrassment – 5X5 10 Team Roto League and I have rostered:

Hanley
    Starlin Castro
    Dee Gordon
    Alexi Casilla
    Danny Espinosa

The following are available on waivers:

Nishioka
    Beckham
    Theriot
    Justin Turner
    Jemile Weeks

Obviously, I’m holding out hope for Hanley but would you swap any others I have for any on waivers?

21. Bobby Nice says:

I’d better get a burrito for lunch, because I just read THIS post on the toilet. Coincidence that I’m always reading Razzball on the can?

Good laugh for a Friday morning.

22. Gavin says:

Bernadina or Bourgeois for SB’s rest of season?

23. RichC says:

@ tggq21: I am asking the same question about Marcum pitching today @Boston.. Having pitched with the Toronto, it’s not his first start at Fenway. He has started 6 games, has a 3-2 record with a 3.52/1.15. His K/BB is 28/10. So he has pitched well at Fenway in the past. Now trying to gauge this Boston team is where I am struggling.

During June, they are 11-2 total, and 3-1 at home. They have scored 94 runs, 7.2 rpg. They scored 27runs in the 4 home games, or just under 7rpg. But, in their last series with the Rays, facing Price/Hellickson/Shields, they only scored 7 runs or 2.3rpg.

I am trying to lower my ERA/WHIP, so I am leaning towards not starting Marcum. Good Luck with whatever you choose.

24. RonWashington'sStache says:

M. Reynolds or A. Soriano?

25. RonWashington'sStache says:

@Buge Hoobs: Trumbo
    @Salty Balty: I know Peralta is hitting well, but Zimmerman is much better option, even in the short term. I’d shop Peralta and see what you can get.

26. Fletch says:

@Grey: Cuddyer at 2nd base over Phillips for ROS?

27. Fugate says:

MONEYBALL: And don’t forget the fabulous first round pick that Beane was wetting his pants over, Jeremy Brown, quietly flopped and was out of baseball in a couple of year. It was all just a ruse to justify letting their best players walk and getting “valuable” draft picks.

28. Terrence Mann says:

I read the Nishioka line while I was taking my morning Dayton Moore.

29. joe says:

Posada or Wieters rest of season?

30. joe says:

Also… Alcides or Bartlett? Thanks Grey.

31. Eddy says:

Morse and Lind are have seemingly been my only power guys these past 2-3 weeks. Miggy has been bleh, and CarGo the same.

Would you trade Morse for Greinke?

This is also a keeper league. If Morse were to continue this, and be kept next year and do it again, I’d cry myself to sleep every night.

Finally, I have Kershaw, Weaver and Hamels.

Still do the trade, or not so much?

32. Myyyyyyy Kuroda says:

Start Pineda in a H2H tonight at home vs Philly? 5 ER/5.1 IP last time out vs Detroit.

33. RonWashington'sStache says:

@Eddy: Yes. Now!

34. tHe sHiT says:

@Grey: Gotta cut one of Reynolds, Pena, or Boesch. Who goes?

35. Graveyard Duck says:

Holy crud, Moneyball looks awesome.

Grey, what do you think about Marcum at Fenway (10 team 6X6 H2H) … he’s been so good, I feel like he gets the benefit of the doubt.

Also, should I be worried about Colby Rasmus going forward?

36. Deeeeeez Nuts says:

Does anybody know the date that Desmond Jennings is likely to be called up?

37. Back To Minors says:

You know who’s been dragging me down??…UGGLA!!
    What is up with Uggla? should he be dropped? Is he done? I don’t get it, he’s been so consistent in his career for 90-30-90 ish…

38. Robert Flay says:

I’m looking to acquire Greinke. Greinke’s owner has a weak OF. My OF consists of Kemp, J-Upton, J-Heyward, BJ Upton (Typically BJ’s in my Utility Spot). I’m thinking of packaging either Heyward or BJ with one of the following – Bill$, Latos, Bedard, Zimmerman, or Masterson. Does that sound like a solid gameplan? and which package would you offer?

39. Fletch says:

@Graveyard Duck: I actually benched Marcum this week…which means he’ll probably pitch well.

The Sox are hot, it’s in Fenway and left-handed batters bat almost 100 pts higher against him vs. right-handed batters, which is great news for A-Gon, Ellsbury, Ortiz, Crawford & Drew.

He does draw Lackey though!

40. Yo Momma So Uggla says:

How did you know I skim over this on my mobile whilst on the crapper?!?!
    Are you watching me?!?

41. Fletch says:

Also, last year Marcum went 1-2 at Fenway with a 4.19 ERA.

42. KeeblerMN says:

@Grey: Packed full of Laugh out Loud moments! Loved the “I drink your milkshake” reference and the Lower Front Stiffness :-) I get lower front stiffness when I read your blog.
    Trailer makes that movie look great, thanks for sharing!

43. MrHappyTime says:

Whats your confidence level with Brian Duensing today starting against San Diego at home? Must start, middle of the road, or no way? I need a decent streaming option and I don’t have many pitchers to choose from. Thanks

44. Graveyard Duck says:

@Fletch:

Fletch, great points, thanks for the info!

45. abNormal says:

Just got offered this trade in my 12team w/ OPS…def. don’t want to make a trade like this with the 1st place guy I’m chasin’ (in and out of 3rd currently)…just curious which side you’d be on:

R. Howard, A. Ethier, Nunez, Scherzer for Braun, McCutchen, Cahill

Deal definitely would be helping him out more than me…but I do just have Smoak at first….how do you feel about this counter?

My Braun for R. Howard/Scherzer

Thanks Grey

46. frankie beans says:

Would you spot start Rubby vs HOU or Carrasco vs PIT tomorrow?

Thanks.

47. The Situation says:

@Grey: Romero vs. CJ Wilson? How close are they? How about in a vacuum and also if the main consideration is wins?

How about Greinke in comparison to the two of them? In vacuum and if wins really matters.

48. Chris says:

RCL with 180 GS cap.

Stream start Capuano vs LAA? Yea or nay?

He’s been great lately, and is also opposing the ever crappy Pineiro, but I have some reservations. Not quite sure why I still worry about the likes of Abreu/Hunter/Wells at this point though…

49. Eddy says:

Wow, Matsui is only one HR away from 500.

This literally has to be the quietest quest for 500 home-runs I’ve ever seen.

50. Eddy says:

@frankie beans:

To save you the desperation:

Rubby. I asked him pretty much the same thing last night (with a few more options) and he suggested Rubby.

51. frankie beans says:

@Eddy, thank you.

52. Grey

Grey says:

@Marqo: Get room! Kidding, he’s great, me likey.

@Big Timer: It’s fair.

@Garvey’s Illegitimate Child: Hehe

@Tourinct: Yeah, I know.

@tmi: Ha!

@virinder: Usually tendinitis sets pitchers back for a start or two.

@tggq21: I would.

@Buge Hoobs: Huff

@Oilcan Giuseppe: Yup and yup.

@Salty Balty: Can bench Zimm for now.

@Bosmosis: I’d take Greinke.

@Tony: It could easily work out in your favor. Give someone else the Wright headache.

@PepeSilvia: Oswalt, Garza…

@Scott: Bum

@Luke T: Think he’s hiding something.

@Wilsonian: Hughes

@Mr. Rickey: I’d hold.

@Bobby Nice: Thanks!

@Gavin: Bourgeois

@RonWashington’sStache: Reynolds

@Fletch: Eh

@Terrence Mann: Ha!

@joe: Wieters

@joe: Bartlett

@Eddy: Yup

@Myyyyyyy Kuroda: If you own him, start him.

@tHe sHiT: Pena

@Graveyard Duck: Yes on Rasmus, gotta start Marcum.

@Deeeeeez Nuts: Hopefully next week or so.

@Back To Minors: Should come around a bit.

@Robert Flay: Heyward plus pitcher is a bit too much. Go with BJ.

@Yo Momma So Uggla: Ha!

@KeeblerMN: No problem, thanks!

@MrHappyTime: Gotta start him there.

@abNormal: Braun side.

@frankie beans: Rubby

@The Situation: Close…All three are close.

@Chris: Sure…

@Eddy: Ha

53. Eddy says:

@Grey:

Trade has been completed. To fill Morse’s power stroke:

Yunel Escobar
    JJ Hardy
    Lance Nyx
    Vernon Wells

54. mets fan says:

Grey what makes you worried about rasmus?

55. Eddy says:

@Grey:

Curious:

Who elicits more drool for you:

Shelby Miller or Matt Moore?

56. L-Boogie says:

More Greinke trade questions.

Greinke or Tabata?

5×5 12 team roto.

Thanks dude.

57. zzzzzz says:

Marcum/Werth or Holliday?

58. RonWashington'sStache says:

Pick 2- Rasmus, Hosmer, Gardner

59. MrHappyTime says:

Capuano at home against the Halos or Marquis at home against the O’s?

60. Benny says:

Who do you like to have the better fantasy career – Randall Delgado, Kyle Gibson or Kyle Weiland?

61. anon says:

Start Stauffer in the Hubert H. Homerfree Retrodome tomorrow? Also, is he still just a hodgepadre or can he be started on the road?

62. Bosleto says:

5×5, ryan roberts or aramis ramirez for the rest of the way?

63. Deeeeeez Nuts says:

Grey,

Much props to you for trumpeting Espinosa ALL year and before anybody else. You consistently chose him when asked (random 2b) or Espinosa? With Weeks at 2b, I have mostly ignored him but now looking at his numbers I can hardly believe my eyes. Those that listened to you are have reaped HUGE rewards. That’s the kind of shizzle that solidifies your status as the man.

64. Clyde Prompto says:

Howdy, Grey. Super exciting deep league question for ya: Josh Outman or Felipe Paulino?

65. Van Hammersly says:

Grey, do you think Chacin is too much to give up for Greinke in a 12-team mixed league?

66. Dominic says:

What do you think of T. Hudson, is he ever going to turn it around. I have pitchers Carrasco or Mike Leake available to add…

67. Kablooie says:

Start Pineda tonight vs. the Phillies? Thanks.

68. Jim says:

In A deep 5×5 mixed lg, need SP bad. Is there anyone who could get called up this yr and have a nice impact when they do?

69. mets fan says:

@Grey: What would be the better trade for me I trade rasmus for garza straight up or rasmus/lilly for weaver?

70. Wilsonian says:

Espinosa is available in my 8 team H2H league. I offered Pineda/Zobrist for Greinke, no dice. Currently have Pineda/Zobrist offered for Shields. Planning on picking up Danny if this deal goes through, but I doubt it does. If it doesn’t go through, do you flat out drop Zorilla for Espinosa? Zobrist has flashes of greatness here and there, but Danny is beating him in the stats that really count in my mind (HRs, RBIs). Regardless, I don’t think either one will win me my league, but I’m growing tired of having no production in the 2B slot which is currently occupado by Uggla.

71. Sabean's Muzzle says:

I plugged Cuddyer in at 3B with McGeheweeeeeeeeeee! sucking, and N-Alvarez, well, being N-Alvarez. The guy’s been an absolute savior for my squad!

To top it off, the guy is eligible to play like 28 positions in Yahoo leagues. You want fries with that shake?!

72. Mike says:

Is there any sense in not dropping Brett Anderson at this point?

73. artie says:

Do you think Asdrubal stays hot?

Was just offered Asdrubal for Venters/Scutaro

74. MeanMachine says:

Looking for a spot starter tomorrow. Who would you pick out of Carrasco, DeLaRosa, or Maholm?

And that $Ball movie looks horrible!

75. Trevor

Tggq21 says:

Grey,

Should I drop moose for beachy. I just received youuuuk in a trade and currently have moose as a back up or a utility when needed. I would like to the minimum amount of hitters and the maximum amount of pitchers.
    Thanks! 5×5, H2H ,daily changes.

76. pipa says:

Who would you drop? Nicasio, Leake, Lyles or Matusz.

77. Terrence Mann says:

@Deeeeeez Nuts: True dat! Hosmer and Brown were timely calls, too.

78. Jim says:

Was hoping for a few names Grey.

Thanks dude

79. BookieBob says:

Wow – that Billy Beane guy is yummy handsome!

Paul DePodesta didn’t like the way the he was portrayed in the script (stat nerd from the Ivy league), so he wouldn’t let them use his name in the film.

Paul D became Peter Brand – our sabermatrician non de plume. Or, if you prefer, DickBrand.

Nice.

“Your goal shouldn’t be to buy players, your goal should be to buy wins.”

You go DickBrand!

80. AdamH says:

Two questions, sorry.
    1) Should I trade Ryan Roberts, Axford, and Chacin for Kershaw and Garza?
    My other SP are:
    JJ (out), Scherzer, Gee, Norris, Bailey (out), Maholm, Nicasio (stream guy)
    I have Utley, Reynolds, Alex Gordon and Pujols (with one more start) to man 2B and 3B.

2) What do I do with Jeter? No one will trade anything for him, including draft pick next season. I have yunel and dee gordon so do I just drop him?

81. JackInTheBox says:

Should I start Pena vs Freddy Garcia or Gardner vs Doug Davis at Util today?…Pena sucks vs Garcia (4 for 36), but Davis is a lefty.

82. Grey

Grey says:

@Mike: Not in most leagues.

@artie: I’d take Asdrubal there.

@MeanMachine: Maholm

@Tggq21: Sure

@pipa: Matusz

@BookieBob: Sexy, right?

@Jim: Give me names to choose from, no idea who’s available in your league.

@AdamH: 1. Sure 2. Eh

83. JackInTheBox says:

@Grey: Thanks for the quick input, Grey

84. Dirt says:

Who do I drop first in this list…

Ryan Roberts
    Carlos Pena
    Espinosa
    Rizzo
    Tabata

85. ManWithWood says:

This is by far the best fantasy baseball site I know of, but what are some of your other favorites that are updated daily

86. Alex says:

Hey Grey,

Who wins these deals:

Pablo Sandoval + Felix Hernandez for A-Rod + Greinke

Berkman for Greinke straight up

87. Wilsonian says:

Which side:

Heyward/Zobrist/Pineda OR J-Up/J-Z/Espinosa?

88. Eddie says:

@Grey: Mathew Berry had the cojones to call Hanley Ramirez a ‘buy low’ candidate. That’s why he’s stacking cheddar, and you’re writing for ten thousand nerds and three razzballettes.

89. Tom Emanski says:

Why do people think Brad Pitt can act? He is so mannered and wooden.

90. DiscoD says:

@Grey

I need to add Beachy…

Who should I drop? Narveson, Peavy, or Holland?

91. DiscoD says:

… or Stauffer

92. Grey

Grey says:

******THERE’S A NEW POST FOR FOLLOWUPS.*****

93. DHill Dragons says:

Swung a nice trade last night and a good add/drop for a little overnight roster makeover.

New additions:
    CC Sabathia
    Morneau
    JJ Hardy
    Sizemore
    Ackley (waiver add)

Subtractions:
    Pineda
    Alexei Ramirez (I still have Starlin)
    Morse
    Beckham
    Coghlan (waiver drop)

I think the best of CC lies ahead and Pineda hasn’t been nearly as dominant lately and will hit an innings cap later on. I didn’t need both Castro & Alexei but I do like getting Hardy as he’s been white hot lately. Morse is certainly in a sell high groove. I pray that he doesn’t turn into the next Bautista (he won’t, he still strikes out a lot, doesn’t walk much and is streaky). And I’ll take the possible upside of Morneau & Sizemore for bench depth in the 2nd half of the season.

Thoughts and/or impressions Razzball nation?

94. Fonzie Guillen says:

Working on a trade for some pitching. I’m able to let go of an OF (D. Brown, J. Bruce, Kemp, Dread Pirate, or Quentin), Rizzo, and/or Moustakas.

His original offer was Greinke for Bruce, though I’d rather not let go of Bruce (and underperforming for career year isn’t a trade I want to make in any case).

I’m eyeing Greinke, but he’s also got Marcum, Pineda, Price, D. Hudson, and Hanson.

Thoughts on some fair trades from this group? The league format is
    6×6 H2H
    R/HR/RBI/SB/AVG/OBP x SV/HR/K/ERA/WHIP/QS

Thanks!

95. Bob says:

@ Grey: Espinosa, K Johnson or Hill for 2B?

96. the bat rastard says:

Hey I cook the chorizo in my family…lol. And florida has been pretty hot like the sahara. Got lucky and picked up JJ for about the third time this season…lol…might keep him this time.

Going to see the Marlin/Ray game saturday night…..first or third base side?

Keep up the good work…..I respect a person who can admit when he screwed up.

We need more PaulyNuts articles!!!!!!!!!!!!