Grey joins Donkey Teeth and B_Don to discuss ideas for 2020 fantasy baseball on the Goin’ Deep Razzcast. They debate whether Ronald Acuna or Mike Trout should be taken #1 overall next year, or maybe dark horse Christian Yelich? The changing landscape of Major League Baseball and fantasy baseball is at the forefront of the discussion.
- Last week of the regular season. Playoff teams may decide to adjust or sit their starters as they lock up their position and start getting ready for the playoffs. Did my best to recognize the 2 starters as best I could here.
- There’s still some questions about who will start, but the situations I couldn’t nail down were:
- Baltimore: Dylan Bundy is in line to start, but there’s a chance that Chandler Sheperd gets a chance in that spot instead.
- Mariners have Marco Gonzales down to pitch both Sunday and Tuesday. It could be Tommy Milone or Justin Dunn if Marco goes Sunday.
- The Reds could throw Kevin Gausman as an opener or could let Sonny Gray take the spot on Tuesday.
- Oakland and San Diego are likely running a 6 man rotation.
- Cincinnati may run a 6 man rotation, but have to monitor that situation.
|Player||Team||Opp. 1||Opp. 2||Player Rater||ERA 2nd Half||FIP 2nd Half|
Raise your hand if you passed up a Darvish trade, or even waiver wire pickup, earlier in the season. *Raises hand and puts head down in shame.* K rate is over 36% in the 2nd half and the walk rate down at 2.4%; it’s like I don’t even know who Yu are Darvish.Please, blog, may I have some more?
Donkey Teeth and B_Don are Goin’ Deep on their freshly rebranded Razzball Fantasy Baseball podcast! This week the guys go deep once again with the new head prospect writer at Razzball, The Itch, talking September call ups. B_Don and DT rattle off a bunch of interesting names for The Itch to expound on, including Nico Hoerner, Kean Wong, […]Please, blog, may I have some more?
Starter Notes for Week 24…
- The Padres and Athletics are both throwing a 6-man rotation this week.
- The Dodgers are giving Hyun-Jin Ryu a pass on his next start, but haven’t announced when he will make the next one yet, or how the rotation will work this week. While Ryu will be skipped, the Dodgers are also getting Rich Hill back this week, which could maintain the 6 man rotation.
- How the Dodgers handle the rotation means that Walker Buehler may or may not have 2 starts this week. The good news, of course you’re starting Walker Buehler. The bad news, not sure that he’s getting 2 starts, but he’d be a ‘No Doubt’ guy if he does.
- The Yankees Tuesday starter has yet to be announced, but should be a 2 start option whoever they throw. My best guess right now is that it’s a bullpen game with Chad Green starting. Please, blog, may I have some more?
Trying to track rotations in September is similar to watching the Cha-Cha Slide at a wedding. Pitchers slide to the right…slide to the left…criss cross…CHARLIE BROWN. September brings so much rotational uncertainty with call-ups, 4 man, 6 man and even 7 man rotations utilized with spot starts out of the blue.
Here are my best guesses and some 2 start notes to help you find 2 start options this week.Please, blog, may I have some more?
|Name||Team||1st Opp.||2nd Opp.|
For the second straight year, the Topps card company struggled to remember which Bieber plays baseball and which one is a pop star. At least Shane seems to take it all in stride, just look at his uniform from last year.Please, blog, may I have some more?
The Fantasy Master Lothario joins the Ditka Boys again on this week’s baseball podcast. They discuss Grey’s industry leagues for way too long before diving into some real baseball talk about 2nd half rankings. Grey discusses his process in compiling his preseason rankings compared to his 2nd half top 100 and then Donkey Teeth grills him on ranking of Vlad Jr (#71).
With the All-Star break happening this week, it’s time to reflect on the special times we’ve had together. We’ve been undoubtedly enabling one another’s fantasy baseball addiction and it’s a beautiful thing. We have to fight through this time together though and do our best to shake off these cravings. In order to get through this period, let’s discuss some of the bright spots we’ve had together and some of the things to look forward too.Please, blog, may I have some more?