Is it still baseball season? I thought that ended two weeks ago. Oh, that’s just the volume of the NFL drowning out all other sports. We have seven days left, counting today (which has almost no games). To get you where you need to be in the stolen base department here are my favorite streaming options to gamble on for a steal. It’s like fictional golfer Gary Potter says, “You gotta harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness. Energy. Block. Bad. Feel the flow. Feel it. It’s circular. It’s like a carousel. Up and down, and AROUND. It’s circular. Circle, with the music, the flow. All good things.”
- Tuesday: Noah Syndergaard vs Miami. Jon Berti has gotten a decent sized leash considering Don Mattingly hates stolen bases. Since he’s a Marlin there’s a good chance he’s on your wire. Berti also plays the Mets today (Monday) so that’s an added bonus.
- Wednesday: Anibal Sanchez vs Philadelphia. Check your waiver wire for Jean Segura or Cesar Hernadez, both of whom have been frustrating owns at points.
- Thursday: Mike Fiers vs Seattle. You can see if anyone got impatient with Dee Gordon. Otherwise, you’ll want to see which of Dylan Moore or Tim Lopes is getting rotated in that day.
- Friday: Brandon Woodruff vs Colorado. If no one in your league noticed that Garrett Hampson is playing and running regularly he’s the priority. Ramiel Tapia has also been starting a handful of games so look out for that in the lineup.
- Saturday: Martin Perez vs Kansas City. With Mondesi being shut down for the year Nicky Lopez is locked back in at shortstop. He’s had a frustrating season with only a single stolen base but now is the time to give him a green light if ever there was. Bubba Starling and Brett Phillips can both swipe a bag if they’re starting that day.
- Sunday: Tommy Milone vs Oakland. With a lefty on the mound the A’s tend to turn to Ramon Laureano in center, Chad Pinder in left, and Sheldon Neuse at second. In a shallower league, Laureano could be available. If not, you’re stuck taking a stab at one of the utility men.