We’re on the precipice of September call ups so don’t go wild this week. There are a few usable options that are likely available to you, however. Squeeze what you can out of them during this calm before the September storm.
- The Mariners offer a pair of potential stolen base sources in Tim Lopes and Jake Fraley. Lopes had a decent week and would be the priority for me but that could depend on whether you need middle infield (he plays SS) or outfield with Fraley.
- Tommy Edman can also help you fill a middle infield spot. He’s getting regular playing time and can contribute in every category to some degree. Speed is the most likely with nine
- J.T. Realmuto keeps showing up on our list of most steals yielded despite an excellent caught stealing percentage. What could be at play there is a pitching staff that doesn’t hold runners as well. I’d trust quality runners against the Phils but consider benching less efficient base sealers.
- Delino Deshields has been getting regular time in the Texas outfield. The team has weathered poor injury luck so that should continue. Deshields is a one trick pony but a fast horse at that.
- Victor Robles has revived his fantasy value lately, mainly on the back of some stolen bases. His inconsistency is not surprising for a rookie. He should be fine with year end stat totals, though.
|Jonathan Lucroy||– – –||50||17||25.4%||613.1||0.08|