The Big Magoo inspired todays title… don’t ask. He told me to tell you guys (and five girls) to grab Chris Carter for the lefty match-ups this week. I like the call, but wanted to give him his own space for that, and since I’m all out of creative juices, I’m just going to talk about him while I kill some space to get to what happens below, or should I say what is not below. Freedom!!! This week, I’m dropping the ranks as they have become redundant the last month. Going forward, my main goal is to help you H2H players with your playoffs and those fighting until the bitter end in roto. The list will be divided into position groups (CI, MI, OF). Many of these players have been listed in previous posts, and I will identify what match-ups are the most favorable. Oh, and I expanded the cut off to 25% owned. Alright! We cool? Moving on…
- C.J. Cron, 1B (9.7%) – Suggested by Grey in this past Friday’s BUY column and I agree. Now trying to predict what his manager will do day to day is between him and his prescription for Abilify. Cron opens the week with 3 at Houston and then returns home for 4 against the M’s. In his short career he’s hit 5 HR’s against the Astros, 4 of them this season, 3 of them in the last week, and 2 against Wednesdays starter Fiers. What? You were expecting a one. Here is your number one.
- Justin Bour, 1B (8.2%) – Grey, can you stop jacking my creeps? I called him crap last week because I didn’t like the matchups as a whole. Whoops. He donged off Clippard and Roark so I guess that makes me feel better. With all right handers on the bill he feels destined for at least one shot… or two…or maybe it was the Greek food I ate earlier that is giving me these feelings. Over the last month he’s hit .287 with 6 bombs while driving in 23. Am I the only one here thinking there will be a deep league post written about him next year?
- Aramis Ramirez, 3B (19.2%) – He goes to Colorado this week for 4 games and H to the T-eezy loves this play more than this sexy hunk of well endowed metal. Hey, don’t be thinking I’m taking the easy way out. If I don’t remind you then I get crap and if I do mention it you think I’m being lazy…I can’t win with you people. Play him in the mile high city where the Coors Correction makes everyone Dante Bichetter!
- Chris Coghlan, OF, 2B (22.5%) – Another week and another Coghlan call. I really like the Milwaukee series where he faces
threetwo right handers. The Tuesday starter is yet to be announced but I don’t care. For you daily leaguers the Monday match-up vs. Peralta (14 HR in 104 innings) is my favorite. Can anyone say off day dong?
- Jed Lowrie, SS/3B (11.9%) – He’s been hitting lefties this year and batting cleanup. *looks at splits* Yup, in the clean-up slot. I don’t know about you but do you find that odd? He doesn’t feel like a clean-up guy. Against southpaws his slugging percent is .285 better than against right handers and at home it’s .117 better than the road. RBI’s and a dong may be in the cards for you this week if you choose to accept this mission.
- Ketel Marte, SS (5.0%) – He hits for high average against right handers and faces 6 of them this week starting Tuesday. The Tron only likes Tuesdays game against Guthrie but I would be willing to play him every day if you are desperate for some SAGNOF.
- Aaron Hicks, OF (14.8%) – Over the last 15 days he’s scored 9 runs hit 3 bombs and swiped 3 bags but batted a whopping .236. He’s the b-movie version of A.J. Pollock. He crushes lefties and faces two soft ones on Friday and Sunday in Detroit. If you are in a daily league you better be streaming his spot because I wouldn’t own him for the Cleveland series.
- Justin Ruggiano, OF (1.8%) – He’s really filled in well for a banged up Dodgers outfield. He batted leadoff yesterday with a lefty on the hill and gets three this week including one in Coors. In September he’s hit .364 with 8 runs, 3 bombs, 11 RBI’s and a bag. Can we say Hot Schmotato Sauce over a bed of oriecchiette with extra parmigiano ruggiano….I only wrote oriecchiette because I have no idea how to pronounce it.
- Nolan Reimold, OF (12.5%) – Nolan is the poster child for wasted talent… or maybe what could have been… or… oh who cares, he was never the player many of us hoped he would of. I get excited every time he does anything for a stretch longer than 2 days and he’s been smoking the ball since Sept. 6th. He travels to Boston for the weekend series and gets to face lefties all three days. That means Parra will sit. BTW, Nolan hits 90 points higher vs lefties.
- Thomas Pham, OF (5.4%) – Grey said to buy and I can’t argue that. Another random Cardinal that comes in and does well, never seen that. Well lets not wait too long to jump on the train. Just own him already. Batting at the top of the line-up shoud be good enough for you. The sample sizes are too small to make an honest assesment but what I do know is he went 10/20 last year in the minors,6/9 this year in 196 minor league AB’s, has hit 4 major league dongs, has 3 multi hit games in the last 4, and makes me want Vietnamese for dinner. He gets a fine collection of awful starters to face next week and if you don’t own him it means someone else does.