Any god fearing Jersey-ian grew up with the song of this week’s title track. It was bred into our systems much like the IOU sweatshirt craze during the same time frame. It’s catchy, is easy to sing, sounds like some sorta bubbles being blown somewhere, and there’s some booty shaking. Bubbles and booty, what could be better? Another “B” obviously. Bullpens! I am turning this week’s eye to not only Glen Perkins, but the entire Twins’ bullpen. POerkins has rebounded fantastically from last years injury blip which lead to him being ineffective. He is the “watching paint dry”, 9 k/9 closer that is doing it well. His effectiveness, he is 17/17 in save opps. That is basically like going all Curt Henning on the save department. This time next week he will be climbing the corporate ladder of the save chart, book it. The thing that I love is the set-up chaps that are running-a-muck, in a good way, to completely be crushing the hold department, namely Blaine Boyer and Aaron Thompson. They have both successfully made their way into the top-15 in holds on the year. A good bullpen will always, always go a long way to propel a successful team. It’s just fact, the two don’t usually meet at more then a passing glance from normal fantasy players, because they have their starters, and they have their closers. The middle is always sketchy, it’s like where certain food comes from… who cares really? Just as long as it is prepared the way you like it before you eat it.
- Remember what I just said 70 words ago about successful teams? Well look at the Giants. They have 19 wins in May, the most in the majors. Their bullpen’s 14 holds in the month is also the most. Sergio Romo, yeah, remember that dude? He’s leading the two-week update race with five during the frame, and overall at 13. He just needs to bowl nine more good ones and we can start fantasy bowling. We can get Sky a sweat bowling shirt (he already has several just needs to know what color).
- Start the replace Boxberger chants… two blown saves in a row. The evacuation bus for the close-nami is over there. Hit the panic button now. If an owner is leery of his future, go pick him and his 13-K rate up on the cheap. Tampa pitches ahead a lot and Cash likes to use set guys in key places. This is bad news for Kevin Jepsen, who was riding a nice wave as the RH compliment to a the returned Jake McGee.
- I freaking love the Astros bullpen, and they are all clicking at the same time. Collectively, they have allowed nine earned runs in the last 15 games. Guess what, Luke Gregerson has allowed five of those. If this was a sprint or a marathon, I would roster the Kenyan runners known as Neshek Qualls.
- Everyone is looking for the sleeper of the week or a deep league find, because most holds leagues are deeper than normal. This weeks hold d’jour is Will Harris of the Astros. Congrats Will, enjoy these expired gift certificates for Sizzler.
- Affix your lazy eye in the direction of Carter Capps, as the Marlins closer situation is a rudderless vessel. Wait, what? Ramos is fine, but Capps has been jump hoping for our attention. 12 K’s to zero walks in 7 and a third will do that.
|Player||Holds/BS||App with Lead||IR Runners/IR Scored|