Is your pitching staff a disaster? Don’t worry, they all are. If you need a fill-in while transitioning a role consider some of these folks. Each tier is ranked, roughly speaking. The amount of variance in middle relief is greater than with closers so you can follow these less rigidly. I’ve pulled the names that are getting serious saves consideration, as they’re likely claimed.
- Baltimore’s backend is a mess. Brandon Hyde seems to be pulling names out of a hat for relief appearances. That’s as good as the analysis is going to get at this point.
- The Reds seem positioned to undergo major changes in their pen. Rasiel Iglesias got a few days off after an ineffective outing as a fireman. He then came into the ninth in a tie game against the Brewers on Monday and took the loss. David Hernandez and Jared Hughes are about to get promotions of some sort.
- David Robertson’s tenure in Philadelphia is also off to a rocky start with an earned running coming in all three of his appearances. We’re going to Kapler meddling advisory level orange.
- The Cardinals have had a mixed bag of bullpen results. We finally got a decent Andrew Miller Appearance but his stock is circling the drain.
- The sky continues to fall in Wrigleyville. The Cubs can’t stop walking people. Joe Maddon is wearing out everyone’s patience. The Ricketts are crying broke. I’m starting to untangle myself from that team at the edges of rosters and have an eye on going further.
Closers In Waiting
The next men up for saves. One break just needs to go their way.
K It Up
Get a category enhancer from these high K/9 strikeout artists.
- Diego Castillo
- Dellin Betances *IL, should be activated soon.
- Hector Neris
- Ty Buttrey
- Chaz Roe
- Tayron Guerrero
- Justin Miller