Derek Jeter left yesterday’s game with a Grade 1 strain of his calf as reported by ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN News, ESPN U., ESPN Deportes and on the ticker at the bottom of the screen while they aired Mr. 3000 on ABC.  Yes, I’m just as bad for even talking about it.  Hey, pot, what’s up?  Kettle, here.  You black?  Whatever, it was a slow day yesterday in fantasy baseball — shoot, Justin Ruggiano was almost the lead.  Member a few years ago when people were talking about how Jeter could get to 4,000 hits?  I’d be surprised now to see him get to 3,400.  Dorian Gray paint is starting to fade.  You read me?  Yeah, you do.  My guess is Jeter will avoid the DL and make us endure more 3,000 hit talk after he rests his veal for a few days.  Anyway, here’s what else I saw yesterday in fantasy baseball:

Russell Martin – Scratched with back stiffness.  See, I’m usually scratched with back itchiness.

Carlos Carrasco – 7 IP, 0 ER, 8 baserunners, 7 Ks.  If you started him in The House They Built Next To The House That Ruth Built, you deserved this win.  Crazy thing is, Carrasco’s pitching better than his ERA is showing, but, outside of this game, the Ks have been pretty pedestrian.  You ride the lightning in AL-Only leagues; I’d avoid still in mixed leagues.

Justin Ruggiano – 2-for-3 and hitting near .500 in the last week.  Sam Fuld handed off his magic beans to a new past-prime prospect.  So is this on par, ma, for Ruggiano?  Will he melt under the hot lights?  Or will he be solid enough to great?  In Triple-A, Ruggiano had back-to-back years of 15 homers and 23+ steals.  The problem with anyone who’s seeing their first look in the bigs in three years when they’re 29 years old is why.  While why is a question that self help gurus teach to help you keep a conservation going, I don’t particularly want to talk about Ruggiano all that much more.  He’s currently hitting enough to pick up in all leagues, but I don’t think he’s going to keep it going.

Alex Cobb – 5 2/3 IP, 1 ER, 10 baserunners, 7 Ks.  This was a better-than-decent start, but right now it looks like Cobb’s headed to the minors after one more start.  Gary Glitter, “That don’t sound bad at all!”

Brandon Lyon – 1 IP, 3 ER.  Now has 8 earned runs since he returned.  Hey, he looks like his old self!  If someone prematurely dropped Melancon from their team, I’d go ahead and make the grab.

Wandy Rodriguez – 6 IP, 0 ER, 6 baserunners, 5 Ks.  The Wandwagon returned from the DL and got immediately back on the right track.

Brett Anderson – Set to rehab for six weeks but will be reevaluated in three weeks. So that puts his next setback around two weeks away.

Ricky Nolasco – 3 IP, 5 ER, 12 baserunners, 3 Ks and he was pitchslapped by Zach Duke (who took a couple of right crosses too).  I said I wouldn’t touch Nolasco in any league this preseason and I didn’t.  He now sits at a 4.23 ERA and he always seems to push that over 5.  Amazing how much good will he got from one solid year out of five.

Justin Morneau – Time for a daily check-in on this sad robot.  “Tears make me rust!”  That’s Morneau.  He just had an MRI on his wrist.  The Vottomatic comes with titanium wrist joints.  Why’s Morneau having his wrist checked?  He needs to have his head checked.  He probably needs a new operating system.  On Morneau’s player card it says POS:  1B.  The POS is right.

Vicente Padilla – Will miss an extended period of time with neck surgery.  It doesn’t look like he has a neck in this picture of Padilla.

Paul Maholm – 7 IP, 0 ER, 5 baserunners, 4 Ks.  Now has a 3.12 ERA, 1.14 WHIP and not the greatest Ks.  You say to me, “Hey, Grey sweet ‘stache, it’s like you have three eyebrows.  Pregunta:  Should I pick up Maholm?”  His ERA will end close to 4 and he has no Ks.  I own him in one H2H league but wouldn’t touch him in most roto leagues.  In H2H, the inevitable terrible start, which is coming, is erased in a week, but in roto you gotta live with your decisions a lot longer.  Wow, I sound like a guidance counselor.

Hunter Pence – 3-for-4, 4 RBIs and his 9th home run.  Now has a 23-game hitting streak.  Or 23 more games than Morneau.

Randy Wolf – 7 IP, 0 ER, 6 baserunners, 7 Ks.  Wolf’s coming in this afternoon’s post about pitchers who are getting lucky, but he was also in the same post last month, so what the FIP do I know?

Jordan Schafer – 2-for-5 with his first home run.  In the past week, he has 6 steals.  He’s an intriguing name in deep leagues.  Just don’t jump out the window until you see how real the fire is.

Vernon Wells – 2-for-4, 3 RBIs and 2 homers.  As frequent commenter, Terrance Mann, said, “Projections on any significant HRs the rest of the year from HGH Wells are pure science fiction.”

Anthony Bass – 5 IP, 1 ER, 9 baserunners (4 BBs), 1 K.  Outside of NL-Only leagues, I wouldn’t touch him yet.  Like Juba’s pizza dough on The Next Food Network Star, he’s too raw.

Charlie Blackmon – 2-for-4 and now has 3 steals in the last three games.  Maybe when he’s in the tunnel to the stadium, Eric Youg Jr. hands him a Pepsi.

Manny Ramirez – The Dodgers owe him $8.3 million in deferred payments.  In related news, the Dodger Dog prices were raised to $17,000 per hot dog.

1. Buge Hoobs says:

I don’t think that Jeter wants to deal with the pressure of getting his next couple of hits at home. He’ll nurse his calf (hah) for a couple of days until they’re on the road and then take his time one-hitting his way to 3K in Cincy or even into the next homestead.

2. Steve says:

Nice work for a short-schedule day. Does Aaron Hill deserve to be dumped for any of these 2B characters?

Casilla
    Scutaro
    Infante
    Miles
    J Weeks
    Espinosa

It’s H2H where we count OBP too and I already have some AVE issues…

3. knighttown says:

Similar to Steve above, I’ve about had it Mr. Hill. If I package him with Mini-Donkey what tier MI should I target?

Failing that, do I drop him outright for Justin Turner, Sizemore, Callaspo, Weekes or EYJ.

4. Dirt says:

3 Questions

Is it time to drop Brett Anderson? –Rotting away on my Bench

If so who is the better pickup?..Kevin Correia or AJ Burnett?

M Young vs Chris Young..Whos wins?

5. schlitzy says:

Juba’s on camera presentations were cringe worthy, yet they left me wanting more.

6. debar says:

kershaw or clifflee ros?

7. jerky says:

In a 10 team mix I picked up mahlom for the double start cause that is all that matters in this league. If he gives me another quality start this week is he worth keeping around or just drop him for another dubly.

8. Trick dad says:

More like Juba’s public speaking skills!

9. jerky says:

Maholm*

10. PepeSilvia says:

ah, a good Gary Glitter joke always puts a hop in my step to start the day.

11. Grey — Who is a better roll of the dice for 3B help going forward between Freese and Ian Stewart?

And who do you think has a more secure rotation spot between Nicasio and Minor?

Both questions are for teams in two different 20-team roto leagues.

12. Mike of Swartz Creek, Mi says:

I like steve’s question, is Hill hurt or what.

13. theevilempire says:

@Grey: Please pick 2 to start today: Nix, Revere, Boesch, Damon, Sizemore (Verlander).

Also, start Niese @ Atl and Cueto @ Dodgers? I’m on the fence with Niese but I’m thinking about sitting Cueto. I have Kemp on my team and have seen firsthand what he can do to a pitchers line.

14. Mike of Swartz Creek, Mi says:

I like Boesch and Damon

15. Mr. Rickey says:

Sell high on Jhoulys or hold on?

16. theevilempire says:

@theevilempire:

Alright I’m an idiot. I meant pick 4 out of Nix, Revere, Boesch, Damon, Sizemore. So who is the odd man out? I was going to sit Grady as he’s only 12 for 53 lifetime vs. Verlander.

17. joe says:

Please rank these SS for rest of season: Tsuyoshi, Jed Lowrie, Bartlett.
    thanks

18. mj says:

Arrieta or Wade Davis?

19. ichirosan says:

I actually started Carrasco… with my Razzball team :|

20. Ed Nugent says:

Pick a side please:

Hanley, Panda, Trumbo, Hill

Pence, Andrus, Lind, Romero

21. Buddo Chezuski says:

You really rocked out some sweet cuts on that recap, Grey.

-Justin Balmes

22. TheBlackWatermelon says:

Hey God,

Got a bunch of starters going today…. Please let me know, would you start:

CC vs. Texas (Ogando)
    Ogando vs Yankees (CC)
    Jurrjens vs Mets (Niese)
    Norris vs Pittsburgh (Karstens)

Playing the Commish/ 1st Place this week and would like a big fat juicy W

Thanks!

23. Better CI fill in for Morneau-re? Luke Scott or Juan Miranda?

24. Cole says:

I need WHIP help and could trade for either JZ or Jurjens. Both have silly low (almost suspiciously low) WHIPs. Who would you take going forward. I am sending Joyce, btw.

25. frank rizzo says:

Really fed up at my SS spot. Punted the position and ended up with Furcal in the draft.

Been living on E Aybar for over a month but now he’s been dropped in the lineup. Guys on the wire….

Ian Desmond
    A Escobar
    Y Escobar
    Casilla
    D Gordon

Yunel is out since I really need SB’s from my SS position. Should I just go after Desmond or stick with Aybar? Or is one of the other guys the way to go?

26. AL KOHOLIC says:

i believe the dodgers owe manny 8.3 mill for the next 3 years

27. Eddy says:

Miguel Cabrera is playing @COL this week.

*drools*

28. stynyr says:

Grey,

Give up Hamilton for Marcum?

29. stynyr says:

Sorry, Grey,

Give up Hamilton for Marcum…it’s a keeper league.

30. Bobby says:

Keeper league: Ted Lilly or Dillion Gee?

31. Wilsonian says:

@AL KOHOLIC: I went to SIU for law school (went to U of Illinois for undergrad). The bars at SIU have a good chunk of my student loans, as well as my dignity. Crazy that you run into people on a friggin baseball blog site.

@Anyone: take a shot on Schafer and drop Hill in a 16 Team H2H (have Kendrick at 2nd so Hill is at Util) or does Schafer lose a gig with Heyward coming back?

32. Danny Tanner says:

Which side?

Halladay
    for
    Lincecum and Greinke

33. Ed Nugent says:

@Danny Tanner: i’ll take lincy and greinke there all day in any format

34. joe from point pleasant says:

@Danny T

thats a joke right?

35. Danny Tanner says:

Wake Up San Francisco

36. ivebeenupforthreedaysstraight says:

“Vicente Padilla – Will miss an extended period of time with neck surgery. It doesn’t look like he has a neck in this picture of Padilla.”

No, no neck. I wonder, too, if the lower half of his face is not the top of a yoni… makes me curious whether it’s really the neck that’s getting fixed.

Oh, wait–that’s Nien Nunb, not Vincente Padilla! totallylookslike.com, bro! His face still resembles, well, you know what…

37. Exactly says:

Which side in a H2H: j. sanchez/morrow or oswalt?

38. Sweet D says:

Can you start Cahill against KC after his last four outings? I feel like I’m going to regret it…

39. Great recap Grey. Nice Mean Joe reference; and also inexplicably caught up in the Food Network * thing. Think it’s subliminal. Most of those judges are just so irritatingly pompous. All because they cook food really well? That sweaty dude made an appetizing dish!
    Speculating a DL stint for Russell Martin, could Juan Miranda be called up? Is so, is he promising enough for the UTIL spot (meaning 2 catchers if you own a decent one i.e. Montero, McCann, VMart, Santana?)? Where would you rank him among this years pantheon of talented youngsters Jennings, Rizzo, Smoak, Demon Brown? Thanks!

40. Wilsonian says:

@zombie: Juan Miranda has already been called up, by the D-Backs (although he did used to be in the Yankees’ Minor League system). I’m assuming you’re meaning Jesus Montero? He hit a homerun last night in AAA, if it makes any difference to ya.

41. SpecialFNK says:

@Grey
    15 team, roto, 5×5, keeper league where we keep 4.
    I have Adrian Gonzalez at 1B, Evan Longoria at 3B, and Eric Hosmer at UT. I also have Mike Moustakas on the bench. I only have Izturs and Wigginton for 2B, so I’m looking for another 2B. this other owner only has Justin Turner at 3B with 2B of Espinosa and Kendrick.
    give Moustakas and get Kendrick?
    or should I go big and use Moustakas at 3B and trade Longoria?
    it’s a keeper league where we only keep 4 and 1 has to be a SP. right now my top players would be Gonzalez, Longoria, Felix Hernandez, and then 1 of Nelson Cruz, Jose Reyes, or Carlos Santana. I could probably get a great package for Longoria.

42. abNormal says:

@Sweet D:

I personally am sitting Cahill tonight, even if it’s against KC — I think they even moved him up a day in the rotation for this start, so no thanks.

43. JoeC says:

Speaking of TNFNS, what the hell are so many people who are *completely* uncomfortable in front of the camera doing trying out for a TV show? I mean, I know *I* couldn’t do that, but that’s because I follow the credo of Dirty Harry: “A man’s gotta know his limitations”. Indeed, and I know mine: no TV for me!

And yet, here’s all these clueless dreamers who are about as comfortable in front of the camera as Sam Fuld is when he sees the Rays’ GM walk by (“I’m small… maybe he won’t notice me and I can stay up here with the big kids!”). You’ve got the Missouri train wreck who talks like she swallowed a golf ball and then chewed on some broken glass (has ANYONE ever heard a “Southern accent” like that in their life?). You’ve got the pretty Asian girl who just oozes ambition, but there’s something off with her face. It’s weird, I can’t say what it is exactly… maybe she’s cock-eyed? You’ve got the sleazy radio disc jockey who’s trying to make it in the pictures, but it’s pretty obvious why he’s been destined to be heard and not seen.

Then there’s Juba, who seems like he can cook a mean dish, but has that “I’m a deer, ohmygod, headlights!” look whenever the light on the camera goes red. Then there’s some ugly women who think, for some odd reason, that the viewing public would want to see them on TV every day. Especially that one that wants to “bring sexy back to the kitchen”. Ewww… is there anything more un-sexy than an ugly person trying to be sexy? And she’s so mean to the Missouri train wreck! Funny how, when some people sense psychological weakness in others, their first instinct is to attack. Some of these poeple are just plain fucking evil!

Who else we got… oh yeah, Vin Diesel’s younger brother. Haha, that guy cracks me up! He never even got food on the plate and had about one line in his “TV promo”, but somehow he wasn’t voted off the show. I guess the judges sensed the copious amounts of sleaze the radio disc jockey was emanating and decided to get rid of the cancer. Vin Diesel Jr. seems like he knows how to cook, but there must be a deep, psychological reason he presents himself as a “sensitive roid-head”. There’s a contradiction there!

There’s “Justin”, I think his name is, who don’t seem none too good with the smarts. Wicked tattoos though, dude! Some other “filler” dudes who have the personalities of bags of flour when they’re on TV. And then there’s the comic guy. While he hasn’t said very much that’s funny just yet, he does have that killer laugh that all good comics have. And it does seem like he can cook too. He’s on my short list to win this whole thing.

But it’s that little, tubby Filipino girl (or was it Hawaiian?) who is the real “star” of the show. She’s about the only one who seems halfway geniune and that good energy seems to come through the camera lens. I know it’s easy to pick the person who won the first challenge, but seriously, when I watched her do her TV spots, I immediately said “That’s the one”! We’ll see if she can handle a whole season of dramada.

I almost forgot about the poor, Mexican-American girl. Now I have a soft spot for the Latinas (well, actually I guess it’s a “hard spot”… but I digress!), but this one seems like a poor man’s Eva Longoria, doesn’t she? And the advice she was getting from the experts about how she should cook Mexican food because she’s… of Mexican descent… didn’t anyone find that just a bit racist? That’s like tellin’ a black guy to limit his cooking to “soul food”! WTF? Let her cook any damn cuisine that she wants, you racist f*$ks!

Yeah, I know, I doth protest too much, but man, yesterday was just the most boring day of baseball ever. I know it’s not just me, but I’m sorry, the Year of the Pitcher II (except for Tobasco Nolasco, because he pours hot sauce on your ERA and WHIP and then laughs while he sets them on fire!) is totally BORING. I am so sick of seeing 1-0, 2-1, 3-2 games. I hope some big-bopping team like the Red Sox or the Rangers just obliterates everyone in the playoffs with an avalanche of runs because I just cannot stand this “dead offense” era. Bring back the ‘roids, I say! I hear you can get ‘em cheap from Vin Diesel’s brother…

44. @Wilsonian: Yeah, correction noted! Meant Montero. Thanks.

45. Tony says:

@grey and razznation: Tried a deal similar last night, got declined, which side would you want, is it a landslide or pretty close?

A) Hommy Tanson, Brandon Phillips, Rasmus

B) Hanley, Cano, Bud norris….

46. Dirty Jersey says:

Grey,
    Picked up Utley in a trade a while back, now back in business, but I have Kelly Johnson tearing the cover off the ball with his new approach at the plate that he doesn’t want to discuss…..

trade market will likely be better for Utley, but will the two be comparable for the remainder of the year? SHould I expect Johnson to keep some semblance of this up?

Muchas Gracias

47. Salty Balty says:

What do you expect from Zimmerman going forward? You think he’ll have numbers similar to last year, pro rated of course?

While we are speaking of Zimm, is there a player that is more underrated in terms of real baseball and overrated when it comes to fantasy baseball. Did you see the the ESPN franchise player draft? A guy took Neftali Feliz and another Wilson Ramos over Zimm. I’d rather have Ed Wade’s merkin (look it up) running my team over anyone at ESPN.

Haven’t commented much, still reading every day though. As always, thanks.

48. Wilsonian says:

@zombie: I’ve been watching him, too, especially with Napoli being out.

49. joe says:

IF Yanks called up Jesus…. who would you rather own, Weiters or Montero?

50. Benny says:

Wild closer speculation for 2012 time! – Do you think Bard is definitely going to be the closer for Boston next year or will they resign Paps/bring someone else in? And is there any chance Stutes is the closer in Philly when Madson signs elsewhere and Lidge is let go?

51. Jake in Columbus says:

JJ out until after ASB? What am I supposed to do with this disabled Johnson? D’oh! Scratch that. Ack! Never mind, it was rhetorical.

52. Grey

Grey says:

@Steve: Espinosa

@knighttown: Could try for Uggla.

@Dirt: Sure, Burnett…Krispie…

@schlitzy: Ha!

@debar: Kershaw

@Trick dad: Ha!

@PepeSilvia: Hehe

@Enrique: Stewart…Nicasio

@theevilempire: Sit Sizemore…Start both SPs.

@Mr. Rickey: Hold

@joe: Bartlett,Tsuyoshi…

@mj: Arreita

@ichirosan: Yeah, me too.

@Ed Nugent: Andrus

@Buddo Chezuski: Thanks!

@TheBlackWatermelon: Start them.

@Shea Sera Sera: Miranda

@Cole: JZ

@frank rizzo: Desmond

@stynyr: Nah.

@Bobby: Lilly

@ivebeenupforthreedaysstraight: Ha

@Exactly: Sanchez

@Sweet D: If I owned him, I’d start him.

@zombie: The judges come off as terrible people, right? I don’t think Montero comes up until September.

@SpecialFNK: I think you can do better.

@JoeC: Wow, that rant was off the charts. Couple of things: Flay has a man crush on Vin Diesel Jr. Watch every time he comes into the room, Flay goes gaga. The blogger lady who just won’t be mediocre is now suddenly like the nerd who just got the slow clap. I liked her better when she was mediocre. Finally, don’t these people realize it’s the Food Network. They’re not going to hire a mean person. It’s nice that you’re ‘playing the game’ but you’re also making yourself unhirable by the FN.

@Tony: B

@Dirty Jersey: Yeah, trade Utley.

@Salty Balty: I hope so. Merkin — ha! Wait until Strasburg returns to really see him get underrated.

@joe: Montero

@Benny: Yes and no.

@Jake in Columbus: Hehe

53. herschel says:

@Grey: with news that santana has had a setback and will be out until at least august, who is the better dl stash? Santana or brett anderson?

Thanks.

54. RonWashington'sStache says:

If I deal away Rasmus and M. Reynolds to acquire BJ Upton, am I give up too much?
    I have Zimmerman coming off the DL, so Reynolds has become expendable. Ideally, I’d package up Rasmus and Reynolds for an OF upgrade.

55. Buddo Chezuski says:

@Grey:

did you get my sign off? Was in reference to JUBA

56. Wilsonian says:

@Grey: posted this earlier in Numero 31:

57. Long Bawls says:

Say what you will about Jeter, even his strain is Grade 1. Nothing second grade for him; he’s a class act! Must be why he lives in the Trump Tower.

58. shibboleth says:

Thanks for this Grey. Any love for Shields @ BOS tonight? His career FIP vs them is 3.86, and he’s been great at home so far.

59. Salty Balty says:

Did you really not know what a merkin was? It’s my favorite word. I try to work it into a sentence at least once a day.

Can I propose a Razzball term for a start where a pitcher absolutely blows up, i.e., Nolasco yesterday: that start is known as a “sweaty merkin.” Just filthy, disgusting, want to get it out of your mind asap and move on. You probably (or very likely) won’t adopt it, just kinda wanted put that image in your head. You’re welcome.

60. Salty Balty says:

Ian Kennedy would be a top ten pitcher if not for his sweaty merkin against the Cards.

61. Pums says:

Got DL problems. 14-team mixed league. B. Anderson, Heyward, Wright, and now Napoli are all on the DL. I only have 2 DL spots though.

I need a C, but don’t know who to drop. I have Alex Gordon filling in for Wright at 3B. Moustakas and Jennings are riding the pine.

Cs available on Wire: Molina, Ianetta, Ramos, Pierzynski, Suzuki, Barajas Saltamachia

Options:
    1) Drop Napoli
    2) Drop B. Anderson
    3) Drop Moustakas
    4) Drop Gordon
    5) Drop Jennings

Which option and which catcher?

Thanks

62. Tom Emanski says:

Grey, Gene Raburn or Mars Blackmon?

63. Tom Emanski says:

What is it going to take for the Rays to call up Jennings? I hope this service time foolery bites them in the ass one day.

64. Ralph says:

@Grey…(two separate questions)

Vernon Wells or Justin Ruggiano?

Vernon Wells, Justin Ruggiano, Charles Blackmon or Josh Willingham?

65. Jobanian says:

Alvarez, Broxton and Hughes are currently on my DL. With Russell Martin heading to the DL, I need to clear a spot on the DL for him… who would you drop out of those three guys? Or just drop Martin?

My SP= Lester, Hamels, Scherzer, Jurrjens, Kennedy, Pineda, Britton.
    Closers= Hanrahan, Melancon and League.

66. RonWashington'sStache says:

A. Soriano or M. Reynolds?

67. Black Beard says:

6×5 (+OPS), please choose a side:

Cliff Lee, Weeks, Alex Rios

for

Sabathia, Hill, Choo, Peralta

68. yankees2011 says:

Hello Grey,
    I have a trade question for you. I am looking to land Tommy Hanson from another owner who has mucho pitching, so I made some offers (both of which were rejected).

1. Morse and B.J. Upton (I realize kinda weak but he needs offense)
    2. Pence straight up

How are these deasl? Is Pence too much? Combinations of above?

Thanks much Grey.

69. Salty Balty says:

If a reliever blows up, you should call it a dirty merkin.

Brandon Lyon sports a dirty merkin . . . again. I think I like that better than sweaty merkin.

I just really, really want you to work the word merkin into a post, pleeeeeeease. It seriously makes me laugh every time. I’m sitting in my office right now cracking up by myself. By office I really mean my mom’s basement.

70. Grey

Grey says:

@yankees2011: Neither are too much. Pence straight up should be enough, maybe throw in a smaller part with Pence.

@Salty Balty: I appreciate your enthusiasm for merkins. Imagine you batting against Merkin Valdez. Did you stand a chance?

71. Tony says:

@Grey: cano/pence or Hanson/Phillips?

72. Salty Balty says:

I am struggling to stay in my seat right now I’m laughing so hard. I would have hung a dirty merkin on Merkin if I faced him. Ha! Twice in one sentence, fantastic!

I have just decided to start my own fantasy website. The first article is going to be about Merkins. I’ll send you the link next week. No, I’m not kidding.

Gotta go, Mom is yelling at me to stop laughing, she’s watching her stories on the Lifetime. Can’t believe she can hear me all the way down here in the basement!

73. jerky says:

Wow grey leave me hanging

74. Rags says:

Hey, what do you think of this deal in an 11-team, NL-only keeper. My team is completely out of it. So we’re playing for next year.

Hunter Pence at $29 and Daniel Murphy for $8
    for
    Jose Tabata at either $10 for next year or $15 for two and Jonathan Niese for $1 next year or $6 for two.

I know Pence is by far the best player, but Tabata at $15 is a better value, right?

Also, someone is offering me Heyward at $15 for two years (after this one) for Wright ($36) and HanRam ($44). I’d get assorted other stuff (Colvin at $1, Schafer at $8) but not really anything that amounts to anything. Is that too much to give up?

Any and all comments welcome. Thanks guys!

75. Tony says:

@Grey: thanks, i need the offense and would be getting the cano/pence side. My staff would be left with Lester, Ogando, Arrieta, Stauffer, Beachy, and a couple closers. Basically its H2H and offensively I’ve been getting shalacked and if any one of these “pitchers” gets beat up i get smoked.

76. quimmy says:

My Choo for his Aram and Moreland. I would move Alex Gordon from 3B to my 4th OF spot to replace choo. Moreland would become my DH. Thoughts?

77. AL KOHOLIC says:

ackley when hes up or hill

78. Donnie Baseball says:

I have a feeling that Rudy’s finally going to be right about Nolasco.(risky pitchers 3 straight years)

Something’s not right, velocity is way down.

79. garvey's illegitimate child says:

Good stuff on Morneau, its too easy when you don’t even have to make Canadian references. Solid year so far for Razzball. I wish there was more weekend material though. Its like I can only huff glue during the week and stuck with whipits for the weekend ………Does Maholm in a 14 team roto league with quality starts and 1500 innings merit an add? do I wait forpost inter league?

80. Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess says:

Drop Brett Anderson for Uehara? I’m changing strategy after my too strong pitching staff has struggled, going with Venters, Adams, Bailey, and potentially Uehara to bring my WHIP and ERA back to life. First in Ks.

81. Dad says:

@Grey: I’ve currently got a waiting line outside my 3 DL spots with Heyward, Napoli, Beachy, Padilla, J Santana & B Anderson (Band-Aid-erson)).

Is Padilla officially droppable now? Stash Anderson?

It’s a very deep 16-teamer. Any advice on DL strategy would be very helpful.

82. Myyyyyyy Kuroda says:

Am I CRAZY?

I picked up Adam Dunn off the Scrap Heap-but I don’t have room to play him. 16-Team H2H (1 UTIL spot 4 total bench spots). I have Adam Lind at DH and Miggy Cabrera at 1B.

I offered trades of Dunn/Cahill for Hanson and Dunn/Cahill for Verlander. I have Josh Johnson on the DL and would need a spot to get him in the lineup. Also have Jered Weaver/E. Bedard/C. Hamels.

What you you all think?

83. chata says:

@Myyyyyyy Kuroda:

offer dunn/weaver for verlander

84. pipa says:

saw u said to try and get liriano before he goes nuts….i offered gordon for him and the dudes thinking about it…been on the table since yesterday…i have reynolds too…what do u think of the offer?

85. pipa says:

Hill was dropped…should i grab him? picked up schafer…could drop him for hill…….also would u drop nicasio for leake?

86. pipa says:

ackley for schafer?

87. Steve says:

@pipa: Best to ask your questions in the newest post.

88. pipa says:

thanks steve!

89. tom says:

this eric young situation is a head scratcher….why do you have a top prospect promoted to the bigs only to rot away in a pinch hitting one/two starts a week? he got off to a nice start that first week and then gets pushed to the bench. i don’t see what the big deal is w/ chris nelson or why he got promoted so quickly when eric was doing well. can the guy not field at second? i just screamed really loud