Kudos to you for reading a baseball article with NFL action dominating the airwaves. We haven’t had quite as wide of an NFL distraction window without its preseason. These next couple of weeks will have to make due for easy FAAB times. Finish strong my friends.
- The Angels closer is now *spins wheel of random mediocre reliever* Matt Andriese? The internet is telling me that is correct. Not really since they came in somewhat unique situations but also maybe with how bad the rest of the pen has been lately.
- The Arizona pen is turning into an open competition. Stefan Crichton is maybe the best to speculate on. There are probably too many cooks in this kitchen with no enough ingredients. Save opps and wins being the ingredients here.
- Rafael Dolis is consolidating the Jays ninth-inning role. He’s worth dumping your FAAB on if he happens to be out there still.
- With Jeremy Jeffress and Rowan Wick unavailable the Cubs held their breath, crossed their fingers, and dialed Craig Kimbrel’s number for a save. He was able to work around two hits and convert. Is this the impetus they need to give him more opps? Probably.
- Adalberto Mondesi took his sweet time but the stats are finally coming. September has been his season with 4 homers and 8 stolen bases to bring his total swipes to 15. Here’s hoping the person chasing you isn’t rostering him.
- Shogo Akiyama spent the Reds most recent series leading off. He’s also quietly added four steals in the last two weeks. Shogo was left for dead in many leagues after a cool start. Kick the tires if you need an OF or stow away the kernel of knowledge that he may be better than this weird season went for him.