The change in Texas has reverbed into the Holds ranks as well. Tolley was the guy, now Frank Perdue’s arch-nemesis Sam Dyson is all comfy in the save bird seat. The best part of this whole deal is that Jake Diekman is reaping all the benefits from a fantasy hold perspective. This is a coup for the people who listened to me early and figured him to be the lefty-version of the lock-down pen arm in Arlington. All Jake has done on the year is garner 13 holds with 11 plus K/9 and a HR/9 just a smidge over one. We in the fantasy community rely on such precise words as smidge, scoonch, pinch… and I’m throwing prolly in there because some people like it and it doesn’t get more accurate than that. So the main question is, can Diekman be the man and continue to be the man? Absolutely. He is thriving in a role that he started when he was with Philly. The Rangers, also if anyone is paying attention, aren’t a half bad team and are fairly solid with or without Tolleson closing at the end. So let’s take a look at what else has happened in the fortnight of games since the last bullpen lowdown, or ho-down. Depending on how strong your hold pimp hand is.
- The window to buy low on Ken Giles is about a week away from sailing.
- Felipe Riviero seems to be the flavor of the last few, winning games for the Nationals. Shawn Kelley seems to be pitching in less leverage situations in the bridge to Pap.
- Carlos Estevez looks to be a decent piece for a usually un-hold worthy team in Colorado. Three holds in last few games helps put to rest that sham of a film Men at Work.
- I know its not a great thing to roster all the time, but Carlos Villanueva and Brad Hand are making great long men in the Land of Fathers. Both have that cheeky SP eligibility, so it makes them really sexy in leggings.
- I know Wade Davis and Kelvin Hererra get all the juice in KC, but check out Luke Hochevar stats with inherited runners it’s pretty sick and a good trend to stream on. Because like me, he is reliable.
|Player||Holds/BS||App with Lead||IR Runners/IR Scored|