I figured out the best concoction for delivering fantasy baseball… First, go to liquor store and grab your consumption of choice. Next, convey your thoughts about fantasy bullpens to the masses in a cognitive and fluid way that makes sense to… the masses. Mission One: check, Mission Two: to be determined. This week, I wanna touch base on the neophyte in Seattle’s Edwin Diaz, the once highly-touted starting pitcher prospect that is now occupying the first chair in Seattle. He is sorta the new kid in class, and the trust level to let him borrow a Nintendo game just isn’t there yet. The stats will speak differently though. Check the rhythm of the rhyme I wrote and while I got a chance here, let me clear my throat. For the last month, he has been chipping away at the Benoit salad in Seattle’s pecking order. Well, now he is the goods by setting up a Cishek. Cishek in this case is Swahili for “not for long”. Over the last fortnight, he leads all of baseball in holds with 5, and his 20.57 K/9, which is basically unparalleled by anyone. Listen, Cishek has the job and he isn’t getting shipped anywhere while the Mariners are in a wildcard hunt. But isn’t it fun to own the guy who is sexy now before you start seeing kids in the mall all wearing him like he is the new Cavaricci? Diaz is his name and RP satisfaction is his game, green is his color… blue is the other. So hop on the good foot and add the sure thing. While you’re at it, check some other delectable sundries that I have in the shape of bullpens and their place in society…
- I used to date a girl named Addison… no not Reed, but she still was giving me the same returns that the Mets pitcher is giving. 16-plus K-rate, and is the new glory hole for Holds in the Metropolitan stadium.
- Has Nate Jones gotten enough holds love from me this year? Honest question…
- If Adam Ottavino is available in your league, go add him, only if you are looking for saves and holds though.
- The Mr. Happy party is diminishing this past week as Tony Watson makes his push to be relevant again in the holds game.
- Ryan Dull, who doesn’t make the list below, has 36 inherited runners and zero scored. For those not in the know, that is sexy awesome.
- At some point, Dylan Bundy is going to have tons of mixed league appeal. His K-rate alone is sexy, when he walks into the room sporting dual eligibility I lose my mind. Tupac said it best, “All Eyes on Me”.
- If and when Arodys Vizcaino is no longer a thing, Mauricio Cabrera is the guy.
|Player||Holds/BS||App with Lead||IR Runners/IR Scored|