This was author and innovator Lou Poulasâ introduction last year, âWhile Grey and Rudy do a great job of breaking down everything you need to know forÂ 2011 fantasy baseball, drafts still trip me up.Â Iâve been lamenting my inadequacies from the past 3+ years which resulted in an inordinate amount of time number crunching in Excel.Â My quest â a draft day âwar roomâ that allowed me to keep my finger on the pulse of the league while minimizing my effort.Â I donât know about you, but I prefer to keep track of more things as opposed to fewer.”
Presenting the freeÂ 2011 Fantasy Baseball War Room. Â Itâs an auto-updating Excel workbook that keeps track of all the necessaries:
â˘ Color Coded Dashboard that âcrosses offâ selected players.
â˘ Team by Team analysis of players taken, players left.
â˘ Real time projected totals, along with real time projected league standings.
â˘ Goal Tracking Dashboard
Unfortunately, Lou was inundated with real work this year but was kind enough to allow me to make updates for 2011.
This yearâs version has been slightly customized to Razzball:
- The Players page lists players in order of Greyâs top 300 with Greyâs projections. CHONE was not publicly available this year. FanGraphs stepped to the plate and graciously provided projections for players unranked by Grey.Â Several hundred additional unranked players were filled with Marcel projections.
- AB (At-Bats, i.e. playing time) provided by FanGraphs/Marcel.
- Goal Tracking has been pre-loaded with temp targets for âWhat it takes to win a 12 team fantasy baseball league.â
- The âDashboardâ displays players by position in order of Greyâs rankings.
- The âTeam Rankâ box (League Standings) is limited to no more than 12 teams. Projected âBatting Totalsâ and âPitching Totalsâ extend up to 25 teams.
- Up to 25 players may be drafted per team (allocations set by the user via the âUser Inputâ page).
- I have left the spreadsheet âunprotectedâ so you may overlay with your own projections if you like.
The value of the War Room, for me, is to load the picks of a draft to determine which categories I am falling short in.Â In this manner, I can keep adding/deleting targeted players until I consistently get a strong team.
Click on the âNotesâ tab for instructions for how to load league team names, etc.Â Put questions and comments in this post and I’ll do my best to answer them.
Download the 2011 Fantasy Baseball War Room <–Snake Draft
Download the 2011 Fantasy Baseball War Room <–Auction Draft
Download the 2011 Fantasy Baseball War Room <–Point Shares Auction Values included
Download the 2011 Fantasy Baseball War Room <–Snake Draft, 13 or More Teams