Our fantasy master lothario is a reality show junkie. He’s got me hooked on Master Chef, as it has become a religion this season. Shark Tank is the best background noise for me when I’m doing work, real or fantasy. But there is one show that he has never watched called Naked and Afraid on Discovery. In case you are not familiar with the premise: two people, one man and one woman, are dropped in a remote location and must survive 21 days with only their birthday suit and one survival item. Most take a machete or a fire starter… or that one guy that brought duct tape. Funny side note, I was peeking on Wikipedia and they pointed out that even though most struggle with the bare feet, that no one has taken a pair of shoes yet [Jay’s Note: Probably because you can’t do much with one shoe.]. It was a good show that sometimes had great episodes. Well, this year, they went big with Naked and Afraid XL. At first I thought it was going to be fat people surviving and losing weight, but it turned out that it was four teams of three previous contestants dumped into Colombia and surviving 40 days. The show is f***ing awesome. Anythehoo, is that enough filler Jay? Kidding, I bring up this show because we are at about day 17 in our 21 day journey, and have stripped ourselves of all that we were on draft day and are surviving on strategy, schmotatos, streamers and a little good old fashioned luck/voodoo/prayer circles. Before I go, I got a little football plug from the football side about Football RCL’s, which by the way, I’ll be writing this year. I can’t leave Brotha Jay hangin’ like that… Want to expand your RCL prowess? Our Fantasy Football Commenter Leagues are now open, and we have some really sweet prizes for you this season…
CATEGORY LEADERS: WEEK 20
|RUNS||72||kumamoto expungers||The Captains of Outer Space|
|HR||26||rocky mtn oysters, Full Baked||Euro Razzball, WET TAIL!!|
|RBI||72||Vin Ridiculous||Nova Scotia|
|SB||15||So Cal Quakes||Eff fWAR|
|AVE||.392||Team SINGMAN||Zitos Meatballs|
|K||125||Happy Vegans||Razzball Champion’s League|
|WINS||9||Team harris, I’ve got Wood. … Phrasing!, Enrico Polazo’s Strike Zone||CharlieHustlers, Take on Jay #1, Tehol and Taints|
|SAVES||14||THE HEAT IS ON||The Filthy Spawn of Beddict|
|ERA*||1.26||Girl Number Four||Lester’s RCL #2|
|WHIP*||0.69||Pittsburgh Lumber Company||Night of the Living Zombinos|
RCL TOP 20: WEEK 21
This is the best around!… For the season… so far. Do you want to be Daniel Larusso? Then you got to beat all the Cobra Kai’s and win the
All Valleys RCL Championship. Word around the office is that the grand prize is Sky jumping out of a cake in your living room and doing a strip tease to the the tune of Moment of Truth by Survivor. The table below contains the rank, team name, league name, RCL points, League Index and League Points.
- Frequent angry commenter Cram from the FCL takes over the top spot. Last week I talked about his improvement from last season and now he gets to wear the yellow jersey. No sleeping at the wheel Cramarino. We should flood my comments with catcher questions. He’ll appreciate that.
- Astros to Mouth joins the top 3 for the first time by knocking out Backdoor Sliders who was looking like he was going top three wire to wire…..or at least it felt that way. Astros has the highest total league points in the top 20.
- The Big Magoo and Backdoor Slider have two teams in the top 20. That’s amazing! Last week, Backdoor had two in the top 10, but now must settle for two in the top 20. It’s good to see Magoo flexing his RCL Man Muscles. Still, IMHO, one of the best RCL players I have had the privilege of playing with. If you guys and girls want a challenge next year you should join one of his RCL’s. I’m sure he’ll have lots of them.
- Grey ends our list and I am contractually obligated to mention it. I’m sure I’ll get a text telling me to talk about RCL ‘Perts league complete with screen shots. (He’s beating the crap out of us) Since I’m being obligatory to Grey, I’ll take my last words to point out I’m here too for the second straight week. Sporkcroft!
VIN’s HEAVY LIFTING
As many of you know, I am just the proxy of the RCL Data. Vin and Rudy are my Hawk and Animal of numbers and tidbits. Occasionally I get an email from Vin with interesting points about the RCL’s and today was one of those days. Thanks for all the great insight Vin!
1) Philly Jawns – 90 (Mike)
2) Rock Ridge Express – 89.5 (Slew, who also owns top 10 overall Astros to Mouth)
3) Team harris – 89.5 (Gareth)
- Mike has only made 19 acquisitions while the other two teams have combined for nearly 700. They all have 50-60 game starts left with points to be gained in W’s and K’s. BTW, this is Prospect Mike’s league if you haven’t figured that out yet.
- In Grey’s comments, Gareth has been bemoaning his trading away of Hot Carrasco Sauce for Perkins and Storen. Well kitty cat, through that deal you have the edge on the highly coveted Wins (3 to 2).
Baltimore Scorioles – 87
Buge Hoobs – 87
Team Beddict – 80
- The only league with a tie for the lead currently, with Tehol not too far back.
- Buge Hoobs finished off their starts on Tuesday, so could be dropping in Ks and Ws.
Tony’s 5.5 Hole – 102.5
I’ve got Wood. … Phrasing! – 101.5
- The only league with 2 teams over 100 points.
Mother Fireball – 85.5
The FreshPrince Of Hell’s Lair – 85
Bob Lawblah Law Blog – 80
Vancouver Rains – 77
Ray Hill – 76.5
Tennessee Jed – 75.5
- Five teams within 10 of Curt’s league leaders, including Razzball favorite Nick Donovan a half point back.
naples cardinals – 93
Wood Street Wonders – 91.5
- At the break, the Wonders were ahead by 23-and-a-half points.
Dr Freeze Signd Scalpel – 108
Team ford – 82.5
- At the break, Dr Freeze was ahead 91 – 90. On July 23rd, Dr Freeze traded Arenado for Kershaw.
Top Offensive Performances of the Week
|rocky mtn oysters||Euro Razzball||99||312||.317||65||26||62||8|
|Team walker||Johhny’s Bench||93||290||.321||59||24||71||4|
|Vin Ridiculous||Nova Scotia||92||310||.297||55||24||72||8|
|Adderall Admirals||Beddict’s Chosen Disciples||103||323||.319||70||17||44||14|
|Full Baked||WET TAIL!!||98||341||.287||66||26||65||4|
|Astros to Mouth||Spiders and Snakes||94||339||.277||68||24||55||10|
|Papi Van Winkle||The Donkey is a Unicorn||97||310||.313||57||19||59||10|
|Don Mattingly’s Sideburns||Cougs R Us||108||324||.333||70||17||42||9|
|Rock Ridge Express||CharlieHustlers||105||338||.311||66||18||53||9|
|el oppo taco||Blues Odyssey||89||269||.331||61||16||48||10|
|Vin Raves||Razzball Riverboat||95||307||.309||63||17||57||9|
|Team AL KOHLIC||ECFBL||103||325||.317||58||18||57||7|
|The RCL Hack||Razzball RCL Writers League||86||315||.273||64||23||53||8|
|I have gerbils in my butt||Northern Exposure||97||352||.276||60||20||53||11|
|Werth Can’t Drive 55||Muscle Car Fanatics||101||317||.319||54||14||53||11|
|The Grand Dudapest Hotel||The Game of Throws||92||315||.292||59||21||57||5|
Top Pitching Performances of the Week
|Astros to Mouth||Spiders and Snakes||96.2||24||2.23||95||16||74||5||0.93||9|
|Gabba Gabba Hey!||The Donkey is a Unicorn||52||8||1.38||56||10||28||5||0.73||6|
|Dr Freeze Signd Scalpel||Hamiltons Dandruff||56||8||1.29||59||15||38||3||0.95||6|
|Don Mattingly’s Sideburns||Cougs R Us||59||11||1.68||66||18||40||5||0.98||9|
|Team Balls||Muscle Car Fanatics||64.1||12||1.68||70||15||50||5||1.01||3|
|Pittsburgh Lumber Company||Night of the Living Zombinos||55||11||1.80||56||8||30||6||0.69||3|
|Team Frost||Cougs R Us||62||14||2.03||56||13||38||3||0.82||9|
|Dr. Freeze Drivethr Xpres||Hoodie Dreams||66.1||14||1.90||63||19||55||3||1.12||10|
|Vancouver Royals||Walking On Sunshine||85.2||21||2.21||77||21||59||5||0.93||1|
|Oh Melvin||Upton my grill||58.2||10||1.53||64||13||46||3||1.01||2|
|Girl Number Four||Lester’s RCL #2||43||6||1.26||46||7||27||4||0.79||4|
|The Iron Horse||Yeast Infection Inspections||53.2||11||1.84||53||15||40||4||1.02||10|
|Team Czerwinski||Grey’s Mustache Wax||66||13||1.77||62||19||51||4||1.06||1|
|Buge Hoobs||The Game of Throws||50.1||9||1.61||53||8||34||2||0.83||4|
|Team Albright||RCL ‘Perts||58.2||14||2.15||63||14||32||3||0.78||7|
|Chitown Beatdown||Hunter’s Hitters||74||18||2.19||70||17||58||4||1.01||5|
|kazakhstan tigers||Take on Jay #8||46.2||8||1.54||40||7||37||6||0.94||3|
|Dee’s Nuts||Pretty Hate Machine||69.2||15||1.94||65||20||59||3||1.13||4|