Here it is, the 2016 Fantasy Baseball War Room.Â This was original author and innovator Lou Poulasâ introduction, âWhile Grey and Rudy do a great job of breaking down everything you need to know for 2016 Fantasy Baseball, drafts still trip me up. Iâve been lamenting my inadequacies from the past 3+ years which resulted in an inordinate amount of time number crunching in Excel. My quest â a draft day âwar roomâ that allowed me to keep my finger on the pulse of the league while minimizing my effort. I donât know about you, but I prefer to keep track of more things as opposed to fewer.â
Presenting the free 2016 Fantasy Baseball War Room. Itâs an auto-updating Excel workbook that keeps track of all the necessaries:
- Color Coded Dashboard that âcrosses offâ selected players.
- Team by Team analysis of players taken, players left.
- Real time projected totals, along with real time projected league standings.
- Goal Tracking Dashboard
- New for 2016: Color Coded Tiers in the Dashboard Tab.
A quick look into the document: The pitching and hitting totals look like they are broken until each team has at least one hitter and one pitcher. I used this tool for my first draft about 5 years ago and I have been consistently winning leagues ever since. If you are someone that hates dealing with Excel, I feel for you. I was the same way but in all seriousness, War Room is very easy to use. I am almost certain that once you use War Room for one draft you will continue to use it year after year. Razzball is the best source for fantasy baseball information that I have ever used. The combination of humor and analysis is unmatched.Â If you see anything that needs to be changed/updated, leave me a comment below, and I will fix it ASAP.
This yearâs version has been slightly customized to Razzball:
- The Players page lists players in order of Greyâs top 500 for 2016 fantasy baseball with Greyâs projections. Greyâs auction values will be added to a different War Room document that will be added very soon.
- Goal Tracking has been pre-loaded with temp targets for âWhat it takes to win a 12 team fantasy baseball league.â
- The âDashboardâ displays players by position in order of Greyâs rankings.
- The âTeam Rankâ box (League Standings) is limited to no more than 12 teams. Projected âBatting Totalsâ and âPitching Totalsâ extend up to 25 teams.
- Up to 25 players may be drafted per team (allocations set by the user via the âUser Inputâ page).
- I have left the spreadsheet âunprotectedâ so you may overlay with your own projections if you like.
The value of the War Room, for me, is to load the picks of a draft to determine which categories I am falling short in. In this manner, I can keep adding/deleting targeted players until I consistently get a strong team.
Click on the âNotesâ tab for instructions for how to load league team names, etc. Put questions and comments in this post and Iâll do my best to answer them.
Download the 2016 Fantasy Baseball War Room <â Snake Draft, newest Excel, optimal download
Download the 2016 Fantasy Baseball War Room <â Auction Draft, newest Excel, optimal download