Master Standings are here.
The Pesky Pole Dancers (Trippin’ Baseballs) are the first half champions! They have managed to stave off some tough challengers to lead most of the way. The Dancers have an impressive 111 points and a 3-point lead. Their best category is Runs, where they lead the pack with 681, but they are above average in all 10 stat categories. With 74 starts remaining, they are in good shape for pitching in the second half.
Jose Bautista has led the Dancers, hitting .331 with 31 home runs and 65 RBI. Other key hitters include Mark Teixeira, Ryan Braun, and Shane Victorino. Michael Bourn has contributed 33 steals. Cole Hamels has led the pitching staff with 11 wins, 119 strikeouts, and a 2.39 ERA and 0.95 WHIP. Daniel Hudson and Chad Billingsley, with 17 wins and 196 Ks between them, have been solid. Picking up Ryan Vogelsong in May to replace Jorge De La Rosa has proven to be a great move. Vogelsong has added 3 wins and 41 Ks while putting up a 2.30 ERA in 58.2 IP. That was 1 of only 17 additions for the Dancers in the first half.
They are also strong in saves, with 4 closers with at least 18 saves, led by league-leader Craig Kimbrel and Joel Hanrahan.
CONGRATULATIONS on a great start, and good luck the rest of the way. There are several great teams within striking distance, so it will not be an easy ride to the title.
THE TOP 10
1. Pesky Pole Dancers 111 – Dropped from 112 to 111, but increased their lead from 2 to 3. Top performers for the week include Bautista, Neil Walker, Alan Presley, Hamels, Billingsley, and Kimbrel. Lead Trippin’ Baseballs by 22 points.
2. Random ItalicizedVoice 108 – Added 2 points to pull to within 3 of the lead. Joey Votto, Jose Bautista, and CC Sabathia led the way this week. Have stretched their lead in RCL 5 to 26!
2. That’s a shame 108 - Cut their deficit from 7 to 3 in the past week. Adrian Beltre, Jose Bautista, Michael Cuddyer, and Josh Hamilton each drove in 9 runs. David Hernandez, Jose Valverde, and Huston Street contributed 10 saves. Lead The Dread Pirate Rides Again by 23 points.
4. Better Lucky Than Good 107 Held steady this week at 107 points, but dropped 1 spot in the standings. Got great weeks from Jacoby Ellsbury, Joey Votto, Jose Bautista, and Justin Verlander. Have a 22 point lead in Partially Torn RCL
5. Cooperstown SchMohawks 106 – Jumped 6 points and 2 spots in the standings. Led by Joey Votto, Michael Cuddyer, and Justin Verlander. Lead Slam and Legs Special by 23 points.
6. THE VILLE AL KOHOLIC A 105 – Held steady at 105 points. Top players were Jacoby Ellsbury, Aramis Ramirez, and Dan Haren. 20.5 points ahead in ECFBL.
7. Buchz and Dunn 104 - Slipped 5 spots in the standings this week, dropping from 110 to 104 points. Michael Young and Justin Verlander were their top performers. Involved in the tightest race among the top 10 with a 9.5-point lead in Too Drunk to Call a Cabrera.
8. reverse schmohawks 100 – Jumped from 94 to 100 points this week, and moved up 13 spots in the standings. Led by Joey Votto, Dustin Pedroia, CC Sabathia, and Dan Haren. Has the biggest lead in the RCLs at 28 (RCL 17).
9. Fart Factory 99 – Gained 2 points and 2 positions to move into the top 10. Top players for the week included Michael Young, Jacoby Ellsbury, Jaime Garcia, and Tommy Hanson. Lead Patrons of Poonhoundery by 17.5 points.
10. Bad Juju 99 – Also gained 2 points and 2 positions. Led by Jacoby Ellsbury and Cole Hamels. 20.5-point lead in Cracking the WHIP.