LOGIN

With half the 2008 fantasy baseball season in the books, it’s time to take a look back at how fantasy baseball and the world has changed in the last three months. When the fantasy baseball season started…

…Branded the Latin Sandy Koufax, the New York Media fit Johan for a yarmulke.

…Mike Myers was still considered funny.

…I had 2 Facebook friends. I’m up to 3.

…The Cubs had their expectations in check.

…Tomatoes were safe to eat.

…Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey weren’t dating yet.

…Deer meat vs. Clint Barmes was still decidedly in deer meat’s favor.

…Everyone thought the Marlins, the A’s and the Nats would be bad. (Only the Nats didn’t disappoint. Oh, wait, does that mean they did disappoint??? Ugh, brain freeze!)

…Everyone thought the Tigers would win over a 100 games and challenge every offensive record while being led by Miguel Cabrera, who some thought should be handed the MVP trophy in the preseason.

…In related news, Jim Leyland was smoking only two packs a day.

…A gallon of gas was $3.77.

…Edinson Volquez for Josh Hamilton was a trade that bored you at worst, and yawnstipated you at best.

…I had no idea what Turducken was.

…I had a full roll of toilet paper.

…If I told you Grady Sizemore was on pace for 40/40, you’d tell me that was one of the top stories of the year thus far.

…There was hope that the new Indiana Jones movie wouldn’t be a disappointment that was obviously made by two out-of-touch filmmakers that long ago sold their soul for plush toys.

…My use of Cust kayin’ wasn’t stale.

…Eugenio Velez was on three of my teams.

…I had Carlos Ruiz on seven of my teams.

…Jon Rauch was a setup man.

…I hadn’t yet figured out what I was going to be for Halloween. Now I know — I think I might be beat.

…Curtis Granderson was injured, but no one seemed fazed. Pujols was injured and everyone ran the other way.

…George Carlin was still cursing.

…I had an idea to market a Sunday, after-church drink called Blood of Christ-tinis.