LOGIN

The ghost of Mac Dre has been blowing up my dream phone and telling me that Jonathan Schoop is a MI Sleeper for January-Grey. He is reminding me of another MI who had a great finish last season and has been a breakout this year. (It’s Brian Dozier if you’re not following me.) I’m taking a scarcity position schmotato this week as I try to reinforce the dropping of dead wright and the addition of hot bats. You might think it’s blasphemy to drop a David Wright type player to improve your chances, but sometime you gotta sin to win. Don’t worry, fantasy Jesus understands. Hey dummy, what’s with the title? Oh that, I pronounce Schoop’s name Shoop, because I have no idea how it’s pronounced. The only Shoop I could think of is Mark Harmon’s Mr. Shoop character from the 80’s classic Summer School. Hey, I’m a sucker for legendary UCLA quarterbacks. I’ve probably seen that flick more times than I would like to admit, but it was a cable staple for years on end. Speaking of staples, frequent commenter Nick the Dick is taking over my hip-hop Sunday today with a few select tracks for you. I respect that he threw me some west coast and some new takes with the old school. By making himself rough and rugged, he has shown how he proceeds to his roots. I can’t help my mellow self today, like 1982 me, who was a lot more kick back than the grouch I am today.

This week, the 7.5% owned Jonathan Schoop gets to go to the land of beans and tea and play the Red Sox, then returns home to face Ye’ Old Yankees. Facing three right-handed lollipop’s in Fenway makes me confident a good return is in store. On the year, Schoop-a-Loop has hit 13 of his 15 HR’s against the regular armed ones, and couple that with a small sample size BA of .308 in Fenway… I got my attention glasses on. They came from the future to tell me the future! He follows this three game set with a four game home stand against the Old School Yankees. Again, he gets a grip of right-handed pitching to continue his end-of-the-season onslaught. Against the Yankees, he’s hit .379 with 4 home runs and even though his splits favor the road, I still think his hotness supersedes his home numbers. For you H2H players, I would consider Schoop over Howie Kendrick, Matt Carpenter, or Chase Utley as you start your playoff runs. That goes the same for people in daily roto leagues as well. Shuffle him in and stop the bleeding that some of these others have done to your counting stats. He wasn’t in Grey’s buy on friday, but I think that’s because he tells you to pick him up every other day. Speaking of Grey, I found this classic Razzball interview the other day between Grey and Matthew Berry. It’s a must read for anyone that has only been here a couple of years. I love Rudy’s plea in the editor’s note: C’mon Worldwide Leader!  You have a treasure trove of data to actually validate (or invalidate) fantasy baseball theories.  Allow us at the data and we’ll reduce our ESPN-razzing by 40%! Classic Rudy!

This is the last week to get in your nominations for the win a Razzball T-Shirt for your team name contest. Post your nominations here so I can get the ballot done.