LOGIN

Momma Weaver has a mullet too.  Has to, right?  I mean, Jeff and Jered both look they’re on the way to the gun show.  When Jered Weaver comes in from the bullpen, he should be driven in an RV.  Okay, but his stuff is not trashy.  It’s nasty!  Hello, I am Almost Poet, I make almost rhymes.  They are enough to stymie! Doesn’t it seem that pitchers with mullets overwhelmingly pitch sidearm or from a 3/4 angle?  Both Weavers, Randy Johnson, Bronson Arroyo.  Which comes first?  Does having a sidearm delivery make mullets seem like a more attractive hairdo?  Or do pitchers with mullets adjust their pitching style to avoid the mullet wearing down their shoulder and rotator cuff?  Business in the front, party in the back, pitching from the side.  Okay, so what makes Jered Weaver a keeper for 2011 fantasy baseball?  Wouldn’t you like to know!  Oh, wait, I’m about to say.

Last year, Weaver’s K-rate jumped to 9.35 after a 7.42 rate in 2009.  He not only led the majors in Ks, but he was sixth overall in K-rate.  Only pitchers above him were Lincecum, Filthy Sanchez, Lester, Gallardo and Liriano.  Man crushes for one and all of them.  In 2010, the amount of pitches Weaver caused an opposing hitter to chase outside of the strike zone was 33.5%, up from 25.2% the previous year.  He threw his curveball 5% more of the time this year, which may be attributed to the ‘chasing outside the zone’ increase and his swinging strike increase.  The stuff didn’t get better, Weaver just threw more of the good stuff.  He also cut his walks down to a minuscule 2.17 per nine.  His K/BB rate was the third best in the majors, behind Cliff Lee and Halladay.  Yup.  Since Weaver pitched plenty of innings in 2009, there was no huge increase in IP from 2009 to 2010.  He faces the M’s and A’s a lot.  Not exactly scary hitting teams.  Finally, he’ll only be 28-years-old next year.  In regards to Jered Weaver for 2011, he’s a great bet to continue to progress, there’s no need to mullet over.