LOGIN

We’ve posted the first update of the Razzball Commenter League (RCL) Master Standings! All 21 leagues (252 teams) are included.  We’ve added a permalink in the left sidebar as well for easy access to future updates.  We’ll do our best to update it every week or so.

A team’s points are calculated as Points in League * Competitive League Index/100

Leagues are indexed based on the overall performance of the league using the following points formulas that were devised by Tom Tango for his projections contest where, incidentally, I finished in the top half for 2009 and I’m competing again in 2010.  (Note:  For RCL leagues, I tweaked his Save multiplier from 1 to 1.5 and using some wizardry to estimate AB and IP).

Hitters:  (HR + SB + (H – .27*AB) + R/3 + RBI/3)
Pitchers: 2*W + 1.5*SV + K/5 + 2*W + SV + K/5 + IP – (H + BB + ER)/2

The average league gets an index of 100.  At this point, the lowest index is 98 and the highest is 103.  Basically, this index just serves as a tiebreaker should two teams have similar point totals at the end of the year.

If you want to boast or complain about your team, feel free to comment on this post or, better yet, comment in the dedicated forums section.

Two last items of business:

1) If you want your commenter handle added to the standings, please comment on this post with your RCL team name.

2) Early congrats to ‘Nobody Beats the Wiz!’ and team swpayton who are 1st and 2nd respectively.