Mock Draft, 5 X 5, 12 Team

Discuss your mock drafts, your real drafts, what's on draft... Anything to do with drafting is found here.
ProjectBadass

Mock Draft, 5 X 5, 12 Team

Postby ProjectBadass » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:40 pm

How do you think my mock draft went? I am open to all criticism, I can take it, so lay it on me.

My Team:
C Kelly Shoppach (R18 P8)
C Chris Snyder (R23 P5)
1B Prince Fielder (R3 P5)
1B Kevin Youkilis (R4 P8)
1B Chris Davis (R6 P8)
2B Alexei Ramirez (R5 P5)
2B Kelly Johnson (R19 P5)
SS J.J. Hardy (R10 P8)
3B David Wright (R1 P5)
OF Carlos Beltran (R2 P8)
OF Vernon Wells (R9 P5)
OF Brad Hawpe (R12 P8)
OF Justin Upton (R13 P5)
OF Conor Jackson (R14 P8)

SP Roy Oswalt (R7 P5)
SP Chad Billingsley (R8 P8)
SP Yovani Gallardo (R11 P5)
SP Chien-Ming Wang (R15 P5)
SP Jered Weaver (R16 P8)
SP John Maine (R20 P8)
SP Wandy Rodriguez (R21 P5)
RP Chad Qualls R17 P5
RP George Sherrill R22 P8

Grey

Re: Mock Draft, 5 X 5, 12 Team

Postby Grey » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:45 pm

My Team:
C Kelly Shoppach (R18 P8)
C Chris Snyder (R23 P5)
1B Prince Fielder (R3 P5)
1B Kevin Youkilis (R4 P8)
1B Chris Davis (R6 P8)
2B Alexei Ramirez (R5 P5)
2B Kelly Johnson (R19 P5)
SS J.J. Hardy (R10 P8)
3B David Wright (R1 P5)
OF Carlos Beltran (R2 P8)
OF Vernon Wells (R9 P5)
OF Brad Hawpe (R12 P8)
OF Justin Upton (R13 P5)
OF Conor Jackson (R14 P8)

SP Roy Oswalt (R7 P5)
SP Chad Billingsley (R8 P8)
SP Yovani Gallardo (R11 P5)
SP Chien-Ming Wang (R15 P5)
SP Jered Weaver (R16 P8)
SP John Maine (R20 P8)
SP Wandy Rodriguez (R21 P5)
RP Chad Qualls R17 P5
RP George Sherrill R22 P8
Your team's solid, but it wouldn't have enough steals or saves to compete, but those two categories are fixable in-season, if this weren't a mock team.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

ProjectBadass

Postby ProjectBadass » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:31 am

Ya, I usually don't focus on speed and saves too much, just because I have been able to pick them up mid-season, like you said, and I think Qualls and Sherrill are pretty solid options for saves.

Do you think I took anyone too early? Should I have taken another SP/RP earlier?

Anyone else have any opinions?

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:49 am

No one stands out as being that bad. Upton was taken a bit earlier than he probably needed to be, but it's not horrendous.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Fantasy Baseball Drafts Discussion”