LOGIN

I decided to take a peeksie at Mock Draft Central’s Average Draft Pick board and grab nine players that I thought were overrated from their top 75.  If MDC could talk, I think even it would agree that some of these draft picks make no sense.  I tried to grab at least one overrated player from every round if you were doing a ten team 2009 fantasy draft.   There were more than nine overrated players by my calculations, but I didn’t want to spoil the top 20 lists that are on their way this coming Monday.  Muahahahaha… Anyway, here’s some overrated players for 2009 fantasy baseball:

9) Josh Hamilton –  Why is he in the 1st round?  Cause he kicked crack?  You people need to chillax.

17) B.J. Upton – I like a BJ as much as the next guy, but a low-priced one is even nicer.  Upton’s a third round pick.

27) Dustin Pedroia – Is spunkiness now a category?

34) Jason Bay – I think this pick means people aren’t sure what to make of a lot of other guys.  Your inner monologue, “Oh, shoot, I don’t know if this Carlos Quentin guy is for real… Screw it, I’m grabbing J-Bay.”

43) Russell Martin – Position scarcity-schmarcity.  Last year, Martin was outdone by Lastings Milledge and Garrett Atkins in a terrible year.

53) Magglio Ordonez – This is another J-Bay type pick.  People are scared of Nate McLouth so they’re going with the reliable and yawnstipating Mags.

65) Cliff LeeBuh-buh-buh– But he won the Cy Young!

68) Garrett Atkins – If you follow his home run regression from year to year, he’s due for 17 in 2009.  And he lost Holliday.  Yay.

75) Chone Figgins – This pick will shore up your sixth place finish.  Congratulations.