Keeper Decisions

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
Lucc
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Keeper Decisions

Postby Lucc » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:41 am

Keeper update: Traded Carlos Lee and Sizemore for Javier Vazquez. Not ideal but for some reason pitching is hard to get in the offseason and easy to get during the season, but I wanted a better mix heading into the remainder of the draft so I am not hamstrung completely. Also traded Jurrjens for Madison Bumgarner, and Ike davis for Yonder Alonso. I currently stand with these keepers: (11 reg and 3 minors) Votto, Pedrioa, Arod, Holiday, Bay, Lind, Ethier, Wandy, Vazquez, Rivera and one of either Rios or Brandon Wood. Minors Bumgarner, Yonder and either Carter (A's) or Hellickson. Am I crazy to think Brandon wood over rios? Figure I can get Gutierez (Sea) to replace Rios and Wood could have long term value? Carter / Hellickson seem to have simlar value but I usually lean towards Bats. Thanks of the feedback
13 Tm Mixed 11 Major 3 Minor Keeper "Midnight Crazies" (Est. 2003, 2014 Champion, 2015 runner up)
Batters
C
1B Abreu, Jose (Keeper) (trade jones, Lester, Joe Ross & Brantley)
2B Altuve, Jose (Keeper)
3B Frazier, Todd (Keeper)
SS Bogaerts, Xander (Keeper)
MI
CI Donaldson, Josh (Keeper)
OF McCutchen, Andrew (Keeper)
OF Cespedes, Yoenis (keeper) (trade puig)
OF Grichuk, Randal (Keeper)
OF
OF
DH
DH

Pitchers
P Bumgarner, Madison (keeper)
P Archer, Chris (Keeper)
P Rodon, Carlos (Keeper)
P
P
P
P
P
P
p

Minor - David Dahl
Minor - Max Kepler
Minor - Sean Manaea

Grey

Postby Grey » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:47 am

Keeper update: Traded Carlos Lee and Sizemore for Javier Vazquez. Not ideal but for some reason pitching is hard to get in the offseason and easy to get during the season, but I wanted a better mix heading into the remainder of the draft so I am not hamstrung completely. Also traded Jurrjens for Madison Bumgarner, and Ike davis for Yonder Alonso. I currently stand with these keepers: (11 reg and 3 minors) Votto, Pedrioa, Arod, Holiday, Bay, Lind, Ethier, Wandy, Vazquez, Rivera and one of either Rios or Brandon Wood. Minors Bumgarner, Yonder and either Carter (A's) or Hellickson. Am I crazy to think Brandon wood over rios? Figure I can get Gutierez (Sea) to replace Rios and Wood could have long term value? Carter / Hellickson seem to have simlar value but I usually lean towards Bats. Thanks of the feedback
I'd keep Carter and Wood.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Lucc
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Lucc » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:11 am

Wow, keep Wood, glad I asked because I really wanted to. (Traded borbon for Wood) thanks again.
13 Tm Mixed 11 Major 3 Minor Keeper "Midnight Crazies" (Est. 2003, 2014 Champion, 2015 runner up)
Batters
C
2B Altuve, Jose (Keeper)
MI
OF
OF
DH
DH

Pitchers
P Archer, Chris (Keeper)
P Rodon, Carlos (Keeper)
P
P
P
P
P
P
p

Minor - David Dahl
Minor - Max Kepler
Minor - Sean Manaea

Lucc
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Lucc » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:34 am

I've been tinkering with the idea of dealing Alex Rios for Nolan Reimold. I think I made a mistake dealing for Brandon wood, and I've lost all confidence in Rios. Keeper are due 3-20, so I'd have few days to consider which of wood or reimold I would prefer to keep. Either are a stretch in round 11, but is this a terrible idea?
Batters
C
2B Altuve, Jose (Keeper)
MI
OF
OF
DH
DH

Pitchers
P Archer, Chris (Keeper)
P Rodon, Carlos (Keeper)
P
P
P
P
P
P
p

Minor - David Dahl
Minor - Max Kepler
Minor - Sean Manaea

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:07 pm

Reimold and Rios are apples and oranges. I like Reimold a lot and would keep him over Wood. But Reimold's a 30/10 guy and Rios is a 20/20 guy. Dealer's choice.
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Lucc
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Lucc » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:10 pm

Yes agreed. I guess the only other concern will the achilles injury. Then again rios has a shoulder injury so back to even. Thanks Grey
Batters
C
2B Altuve, Jose (Keeper)
MI
OF
OF
DH
DH

Pitchers
P Archer, Chris (Keeper)
P Rodon, Carlos (Keeper)
P
P
P
P
P
P
p

Minor - David Dahl
Minor - Max Kepler
Minor - Sean Manaea

Lucc
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Lucc » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:23 pm

When using the fantasy baseball warroom, the 13th and 14th teams don't show up under the drop down menu under the players tab. Is there a simple way to correct this?
Batters
C
2B Altuve, Jose (Keeper)
MI
OF
OF
DH
DH

Pitchers
P Archer, Chris (Keeper)
P Rodon, Carlos (Keeper)
P
P
P
P
P
P
p

Minor - David Dahl
Minor - Max Kepler
Minor - Sean Manaea

Grey

Postby Grey » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:14 pm

You should ask Lou in the comments of the War Room post, I have no idea.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Raynman
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Raynman » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:18 am

So I am having the toughest time trying to decide who my fifth keeper should be in my 12 team +1 5x5 roto league. I have the 10th pick in the draft

I'm already keeping:

Wainwright (12), Ellsbury (4), Jeter (7), and Halladay (3)

I've pretty much narrowed it down to: Garrett Jones (14), Ted Lilly (19), Brian Wilson (14), Shane Victorino (6), Napoli (15), Prince Fielder (1)

We start:

C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, 5x OF, Util and 9 pitchers

Fielder may or may not fall to me but I'll probably get a chance at Howard, Cabrera, Wright, Kinsler, or Fielder so I'm leaning away from Fielder.

Really trying to decide between Jones, Lilly, or Wilson

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:47 am

I was going to say Fielder, but if you think you can get him back then go with Jones.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”