Keeper Decisions

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
Lucc
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Keeper Decisions

Postby Lucc » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:56 pm

The Morneau for Holiday deal is complete.

So the obvious occurred, I am drowning in OF’s, which is fine since I assume I got the best player. With Jurrjens down I was thinking I could go after a Starting Pitcher for Bay. I was offered Wainwright for Morneau, but I really wanted Holiday batting with Pujols for a full year. I argued Bay should net me a similar pitcher to Wainwright; alas other owners are treating Bay like he’s Brady Anderson off the juice.

So I decided to compare Bay to the best hitter (Pujols) and prospective starting pitcher I’d ask for (maybe a little reach) CC Sabathia to the best pitcher (Lincecum) and compute the average of the four projections found at Fangraphs, then compare the variance between the two players versus the best player available in each.

From there I got a bit stuck, is there a protocol to follow when comparing value of a hitter to a pitcher? Do Wins = HR’s and RBI’s = K’s? Below is what I used

Bay vs Albert CC vs Tim
HR - K's -30.3% -28.1%
BA - ERA -22.1% -15.8%
RBI - WHIP -19.8% -7.4%
Runs - Wins -16.8% 7.6%
SB's - Saves 8.1% N/A
13 Tm Mixed 11 Major 3 Minor Keeper "Midnight Crazies" (Est. 2003, 2014 Champion, 2015 runner up)
Batters
C
1B Abreu, Jose (Keeper) (trade jones, Lester, Joe Ross & Brantley)
2B Altuve, Jose (Keeper)
3B Frazier, Todd (Keeper)
SS Bogaerts, Xander (Keeper)
MI
CI Donaldson, Josh (Keeper)
OF McCutchen, Andrew (Keeper)
OF Cespedes, Yoenis (keeper) (trade puig)
OF Grichuk, Randal (Keeper)
OF
OF
DH
DH

Pitchers
P Bumgarner, Madison (keeper)
P Archer, Chris (Keeper)
P Rodon, Carlos (Keeper)
P
P
P
P
P
P
p

Minor - David Dahl
Minor - Max Kepler
Minor - Sean Manaea

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:14 pm

Bay's 18 here, CC's 12:

http://razzball.com/2010-fantasy-baseba ... eam-chone/

I'd shoot for Haren or Verlander or some in that range.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Lucc
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Lucc » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:02 am

The owner of most or all of the fair SP's for Bay refuses to take a Met. He owns Verlander, Wainright, Ubaldo, Kershaw and Dan Haren. (nice staff huh). I have to keep 11. I removed Jurrjens and assumed I'd go Scherzer since he still has upside and K's. But I thought I could get another top starter and I can't. My question now is, should go into the draft with 9 bats and 2 SP's? Votto, Pedrioa, Aramis, Holiday, Bay, Lind, Ethier, Carlos Lee, Rios, Cliff Lee and Wandy? and hope I can build a staff from the 11th round down? Maybe switch Rios for Rivera?
13 Tm Mixed 11 Major 3 Minor Keeper "Midnight Crazies" (Est. 2003, 2014 Champion, 2015 runner up)
Batters
C
2B Altuve, Jose (Keeper)
MI
OF
OF
DH
DH

Pitchers
P Archer, Chris (Keeper)
P Rodon, Carlos (Keeper)
P
P
P
P
P
P
p

Minor - David Dahl
Minor - Max Kepler
Minor - Sean Manaea

Lucc
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Lucc » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:25 am

Update. I just traded Cliff Lee Aramis and Scherzer for Arod. Accepted before he pulled it back not sure what to think right now
Batters
C
2B Altuve, Jose (Keeper)
MI
OF
OF
DH
DH

Pitchers
P Archer, Chris (Keeper)
P Rodon, Carlos (Keeper)
P
P
P
P
P
P
p

Minor - David Dahl
Minor - Max Kepler
Minor - Sean Manaea

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:54 am

Rivera who? Juan? Mo? I like that you got A-Rod.
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Lucc
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Lucc » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:03 am

Mo Rivera yes. Arod deal was a stunner...Now all I have SP wise is Wandy and Jurrjens. I do have Gavin Floyd, Harden, Danks, Oswalt, Francisco Cordero, Andrew Bailey : None I would keep. Guess I can go Wandy Rivera now with Arod deal? Keep all the bats?
Batters
C
2B Altuve, Jose (Keeper)
MI
OF
OF
DH
DH

Pitchers
P Archer, Chris (Keeper)
P Rodon, Carlos (Keeper)
P
P
P
P
P
P
p

Minor - David Dahl
Minor - Max Kepler
Minor - Sean Manaea

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:17 am

Wandy, Rivera and 9 bats? Yup, I'd do that.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Lucc
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Lucc » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:08 pm

Awesome Thanks! I have one open discussion for CC. I'm pushing Bay and Jurrjens, really don't have much else to offer. Hopefully he gets an orange highlight on CBS and the deal gets done. Otherwise this is it. Great feedback!
Batters
C
2B Altuve, Jose (Keeper)
MI
OF
OF
DH
DH

Pitchers
P Archer, Chris (Keeper)
P Rodon, Carlos (Keeper)
P
P
P
P
P
P
p

Minor - David Dahl
Minor - Max Kepler
Minor - Sean Manaea

Lucc
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Lucc » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:40 pm

I just received an offer: Ubaldo for Ethier. Out of he and Lind I rather have Ethier but really a coin flip. This would give a nice K pitcher. Good move?
Batters
C
2B Altuve, Jose (Keeper)
MI
OF
OF
DH
DH

Pitchers
P Archer, Chris (Keeper)
P Rodon, Carlos (Keeper)
P
P
P
P
P
P
p

Minor - David Dahl
Minor - Max Kepler
Minor - Sean Manaea

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:01 pm

Ethier's over Ublado, but it's fair. If you want another pitcher, go for it.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”