LOGIN

Josh Hamilton left the game with a fracture to his humerus bone, which isn’t connected to the funny bone.  He was going down the line head first into home and… Well, he’s Mr. Glass, so what do you expect?  Ron Washington can’t believe anyone could ever get hurt going down a line head first.  “Nothing but fun to be had there!”  That’s Washington talking about the devil’s dandruff.  I think Kinsler, Cruz and Hamilton share gloves so one of them must always be on the DL.  This opens up playing time for David Murphy.  I’ve long been a fan of Murph.  Has 15/15 potential and won’t kill you in any categories.  I’d grab him in all leagues.  Yeah, even yours.  Anyway, here’s what else I saw yesterday in fantasy baseball:

Chris Davis – With the injury to Hamilton, Davis was recalled.  Somewhere, Bill James can now wear his cut-off, denim shorts and proudly show off his tramp stamp tattoo that reads, “I love Chris Davis.”  Without an injury, I can’t imagine Davis gets much playing time, but he’s still worth a pick up in AL-Only leagues for the off chance of him pulling magic out of his hat.

Michael Young – 3-for-3 as he played 2nd base.  Guess who’s going to have 2nd base eligibility in Yahoo leagues by mid-May?  Hint:  His name appears at the beginning of this blurb.

Mike Napoli – Hasn’t started since Saturday.  The conference of MLB managers that is held every year in Pensacola, Florida the first weekend of December is highlighted by Saturday’s all day seminar titled, “How To Prevent Napoli From Hitting 30 HRs In a Year.”

Dan Haren – 9 IP, 0 ER, 8 Ks and only allowed one hit.  After the game, Haren received a call of congratulations from Armando Galarraga.

Peter Bourjos – 2-for-3 with his first homer.  The guy with the hockey player last name has 10 homer power and 30 steal speed, yet I feel like everyone’s already given up on him.  For shame.

Mark Trumbo – Hit his first homer the same day it was reported Kendrys was able to run.  Somebody Gillooly him please.

Clayton Richard – 7 2/3 IP, 1 ER, 7 baserunners, 4 Ks.  Hodgepadre!

Dee Gordon – I just picked him up all over the place.  Probably a bit preemie on that but with Furcal out, I gots to get me some upside at MI.  Gordon can steal 50 bases this year.  Now call him up!

Ryan Raburn – Batted third and went 2-for-4 with 2 Runs, 1 RBI and one formal apology to Leyland for not enjoying his secondhand smoke enough.  I hate to be ungrateful, but how do you not start a guy then bat him third?  Is this only bonkers to me?  Oh, I know.  In Monday’s game, Raburn replaced Mags in the three hole, so since Leyland has never heard of White Out he just left the lineup the same.

Chris Volstad – 4 2/3 IP, 5 ER, 10 baserunners, 3 Ks.  Eh, no one owns this schmohawk anyway, right?

Omar Infante – 0-for-4, batting .244.  You really shouldn’t have drafted him.  He’s worse than yawnstipating.

Sam Fuld – 1-for-4, still batting leadoff, still stealing bases, still not a great hitter but OWH (Own While Hitting).

Kyle Farnsworth – Recorded his second save and this one was a perfect inning.  If you’re circling around the Rays on the wings of Peralta or McGee waiting for vulture saves, you’re going hungry.

Angel Sanchez – 4-for-5, 2 Runs, 2 RBIs, batting .395 on the year.  There’s Dirty Sanchez, Filthy Sanchez and now Abandoned Warehouse Sanchez.  Big sign over Abandoned Warehouse says “No squatters.”

Michael Cuddyer – 4-for-4, even a broken clock is right twice a day, but it’s wrong a lot more of the time.  Remember that.

Jeff Francis – 7 IP, 3 ER, 9 baserunners, 5 Ks.  I think he’s garbage but he gets the Mariners next time out who are more garbager.

Wilson Betemit – 2-for-4, now hitting over .500 in the last week though that was boosted by a 4-for-4 day on Sunday.  It’s feast or famine with these peasant Royals.  Right now, it’s feast for Betemit.  At any point, he’ll drop the boom and go back to MOS — ‘Mit Out Starting job.

Alexei Ramirez – 2-for-4, 4 RBIs and 2 homers (3 on the year).  Now has more homers than he hit the last three Aprils combined.  Cust kayin’.

Edwin Jackson – 4 2/3 IP, 3 ER, 9 baserunners, 4 Ks.  I blame Juan Pierre.

Brett Myers – 7 IP, 1 ER, 8 baserunners, 5 Ks.  I mean, I’d pick him up if he were on waivers, but I still don’t trust him to keep up this pace.

David Aardsma – Manager Eric Wedge said Aardsma will be the closer when he returns at the end of the month.  Wedge also said he doesn’t have a resume, but he can throw one together if it means a job managing a better team.

Jayson Werth – 2-for-3 and hit a homer yesterday batting between Rick Ankiel and Matt Stairs aka Blech and Belch.

Wilson Ramos – 2-for-3, batting .450.  Nice the Nats are giving Ramos ABs over “My Nickname Pudge Wasn’t Always Ironic” Rodriguez.  I’m getting ahead of myself, but Ramos is going to be in Friday’s Buy column and those in two catcher leagues should embrace him.  Not literally, that would be weird.

Joe Blanton – 6 IP, 5 ER, 8 baserunners, 4 Ks.  I wonder if he feels like the ugly redheaded stepchild.  You know, like Phillip on Survivor.

Ryan Howard – 1-for-3 with his third homer.  Sonavabench!  Why you ask did I have Howard on my bench?  Because stupid CBS locks lineups before the first stupid morning game whether the stupid Phillies are playing or not!  And CBS charges for this shizz!  Why can’t we make it standard across all platforms to lock lineups only for games underway?  Is this too much to effin’ ask?

Ricky Romero – 8 IP, 2 ER, 7 baserunners, 8 Ks.  I do like Romero.  Tis true, if people say tis when it’s not Christmas time, but this was against the M’s.

Michael Pineda – 7 1/3 IP, 1 ER, 7 baserunners, 7 Ks.  Hellickson was my AL ROY choice, but I almost went with Pineda.  Notice how I don’t mention I chose Freddie Freeman for the NL.  Well, they ain’t all roses.

Chris Carpenter – 4 IP, 8 ER.  Carpenter got hammered.

Lance Berkman – 3-for-5, 2 RBIs and his 3rd homer in two days.  Don’t have faith in him, but don’t have to while he’s hot.

David Freese – Hit his 2nd homer in the last three days.  If you lost Zimmerman, I ain’t mad at cha if you add Freese.

Tommy Hanson – 7 IP, 0 ER, 6 baserunners, 5 Ks.  Well, it wasn’t a 10 K performance like I would’ve liked to have seen, but it’s seven shutout innings so I’m going to shut up now.

Nate McLouth – Batted 2nd again with Heyward in the six hole.  What exactly did McLouth do right and Heyward, who homered yesterday, do wrong?  Are we pulling names out of a hat for the lineup card?  Fredi reaches in, “Batting third is…New Era.”  “Um, Coach, that’s the tag.”