TIME FOR A FIXER UPPER

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
BigFatHippo
Sponsor
Sponsor

TIME FOR A FIXER UPPER

Postby BigFatHippo » Thu May 21, 2009 5:27 pm

I'm in the mix for 1st place in a keeper league but dangerously low on avg, OBP, and hitters K's. The best place to make moves for me is probably in the outfield. My current starters are........

Sizemore
Nelson Cruz
Adam Jones
Ludwick (DL)

We start 3 OF in a ten team roto. Here's what I'm thinking. If I deal Cruz for Ichiro, it helps with avg, OBP and cuts down my K's. The problem is, will he do it? I've never been a big fan of Ichiro for roto, but this move would surely work wouldn't it? I'd have Ludwick back to plug in at util so not worried about losing power.

What you guys think?
Yadier Fielder Utley Reyes Beltre Pena Felipe Sizemore Cruz Ludwick AdamJones
Hamels Bills Shields Wandy Weaver K-Rod Franklin Aardsma Izzy
DL-Webb

10 team Roto

Grey

Re: TIME FOR A FIXER UPPER

Postby Grey » Thu May 21, 2009 5:52 pm

I'm in the mix for 1st place in a keeper league but dangerously low on avg, OBP, and hitters K's. The best place to make moves for me is probably in the outfield. My current starters are........

Sizemore
Nelson Cruz
Adam Jones
Ludwick (DL)

We start 3 OF in a ten team roto. Here's what I'm thinking. If I deal Cruz for Ichiro, it helps with avg, OBP and cuts down my K's. The problem is, will he do it? I've never been a big fan of Ichiro for roto, but this move would surely work wouldn't it? I'd have Ludwick back to plug in at util so not worried about losing power.

What you guys think?
I like that idea for you, and I don't like Ichiro either.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

BigFatHippo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby BigFatHippo » Thu May 21, 2009 6:04 pm

I proposed it, not sure he'll go for it. But fortunately for me, his strongest suit is steals and weakest is power so we'll see.

This thread will probably go on all season, just like last year! Warning you in advance, you the man Grey.

BigFatHippo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby BigFatHippo » Mon May 25, 2009 6:23 am

No go on the Ichiro deal, coudn't bring myself to part with Cruz, he's just so lovable right now.

Tried to move Carlos Pena for Youk but no bite either, who else should I target for Pena? He's manning CI for me.
DL-Webb

10 team Roto

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon May 25, 2009 8:40 am

Mauer? Votto? Send someone much lesser for M. Young? Hudson? Sanchez? Nick Johnson?
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

BigFatHippo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby BigFatHippo » Mon May 25, 2009 4:02 pm

Updated my sig, WWGD?

Offered Pena and Blalock for Mauer and Loney. Didn't include Blalock in the sig cause we have a deeeepp bench. I know you hate Loney but he would actually help my team. The dude with Mauer has Benjie on the bench and he's weak on the corners, so maybe?

Thanks.
DL-Webb

10 team Roto

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon May 25, 2009 5:00 pm

That trade's okay for you.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

BigFatHippo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby BigFatHippo » Sun May 31, 2009 2:23 pm

No go on that deal either.

This is a whopper and I feel like I'm giving too much. What you think?

Pena, Blalock, Jered Weaver for Chipper, Roy Halladay.

Is Chipper even worth anything this year? His avg would help me but his overall numbers may be the worst in his career.
DL-Webb

10 team Roto

Grey

Postby Grey » Sun May 31, 2009 3:30 pm

You're giving up too much.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”