Making a Mockery of my Draft

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
yf4e10

Making a Mockery of my Draft

Postby yf4e10 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:38 pm

Season's greetings, Grey!

I've been crunching some numbers for my auction league and wanted to see what you think of this potential team I came up with. It's based on Yahoo Auction avg draft costs, per their draft analysis tab, so its imperfect, but I left room for variance. I actually came up somewhat short on spending, meaning I ended with too much and may be able to upgrade in some spots, but I think that this as a base looks pretty strong.

12 team H2H

R HR RBI OBP SLG NSV
QS K ERA WHIP K/BB NSV

$260 budget

C- Alfaro- $1
1B- Bellinger- $29
2B- Odor- $12
3B- Freeman- $35
SS- Peraza- $1
CI- Mancini- $2
MI- Albies- $3
OF- Trout- $56
OF- Rosario- $5
OF- Acuna- $4
OF- Mazara- $4
UTIL- Deshields- $2
UTIL- Brinson- $2

SP- Severino- $21
SP- Nola- $19
SP- Castillo- $8
SP- Godley- $8
SP- Bauer- $4
P- Snell- $2
P- Wacha- $1
P- Corbin- $1
RP- Hand- $10
RP- Diaz- $10

BN- Williams (P)- $1
BN- J Montgomery- $1
BN- Anderson- $2
BN- Mikolas- $1

This leaves me $15 of wiggle room. I feel like I should be spending more on some hitters, but there are so many young talents that will be fun to own. It looks good in the War Room, but that doesn't account for the OBP/OPS/net saves and steals/QS of the league. I think maybe I could swap out a speedier guy for a stronger one, but otherwise would like to know your thoughts.

PS- I also have an NA and 3 DL slots, so I could draft someone like Reyes, Nelson, Calhoun, Trumbo, Healy, or grab them off waivers post-draft.

PPS- Desmond and Gallo @ $6 each seem like steals, but I doubt they go for that cheap.

Thanks again for everything you do!

Grey

Re: Making a Mockery of my Draft

Postby Grey » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:10 am

Team looks solid, love the pitching and hitting, if I had to quibble you look higher on speed than power
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

yf4e10

Postby yf4e10 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:14 pm

Draft went pretty well, ended up with:

C- Alfaro- $1
1B- Bellinger- $27
2B- Schoop- $11
3B- Freeman- $36
SS- Peraza- $1
MI- Mancini- $1
CI- Anderson- $1
OF- Trout- $59
OF- Acuna- $11 (headed to NA for now, with Healy or whoever is healthy off waivers filling in)
OF- Rosario- $7
OF- Mazara- $5
UTIL- Deshields- $2
UTIL- Brinson- $1

SP- Ray- $22
SP- Nola- $22
SP- Bauer- $6
SP- Castillo- $16
SP- Wacha- $4
RP- Giles- $6
RP- Diaz- $7
P- Gray- $4
P- Morton- $2
P- Salazar- $2

BN: Gausman- $2, Mikolas- $2, J Montgomery- $1, T Williams- $1, A Reyes- $1

Wanted to try to draft Trout and see what happened. Pretty silly probably, but fun to own, and I think it turned out alright!

Grey

Postby Grey » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:39 am

Yup, still looks solid even with that giant Trout buy... Actually, like your pitching a bit more than your hitting
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

yf4e10

Postby yf4e10 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:06 am

Any suggestion for an offensive target?

Also I'm not super comfortable with Ray+Bauer in a K:BB league, but can't find a trade partner for him. Your projections are so strong it looks like walks aren't much of a concern for you though.

Grey

Postby Grey » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:49 am

Suggestions in what way?
Grey Albright

Thanks!

yf4e10

Postby yf4e10 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:23 pm

Anything you think my team lacks offensively. I was looking to get a power guy (Krush) who won’t destroy my OBP (Davidson) but got rebuked. Guess I’ll just wait for the season to develop some before identifying needs. Just been fiending for fantasy action so hard I’m desperate to make moves!

PS- are there any plans of running another meet up event like you did a couple years ago in Miami for the podcast tour?

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:48 am

Nothing stands out right now about the team -- no plans right now for another podcast tour... Maybe next year...
Grey Albright

Thanks!

yf4e10

Postby yf4e10 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:42 am

1. Odor was dropped. Worth a FAAB bid (out of 100?) to stash in place of pillar, Moran, even Brinson?

2. How worried are you about Ray? Would you swap him for godley? Tanaka? Quintana? Berrios?

3. I appreciate you. ❤️

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:24 am

1. Odor was dropped. Worth a FAAB bid (out of 100?) to stash in place of pillar, Moran, even Brinson?

2. How worried are you about Ray? Would you swap him for godley? Tanaka? Quintana? Berrios?

3. I appreciate you. ❤️
1. $12, Brinson 2. Quintana 3. Thanks!
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”