Keeper Help If You Wanna Be a Bro

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
thump

Keeper Help If You Wanna Be a Bro

Postby thump » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:37 am

Ok my Keeper league is 12 man H2H we can keep any 5 keepers Plus 3 younger players, in their 1st, second & third years)..

League has been running for a decade and a half and I built a hell of a squad (thanks to Razzball.com).. So it is tough to figure out my keepers..

Here is the list & Breakdown..

Group A (Need 5)
Mike Trout
Bryce Harper
Nolan Arenado
Anthony Rizzo
Wil Myers
Justin Verlander
Dee Gordon

Group B (Need 1) (Can move players up to Group A)
Gregory Polanco
George Springer
Tanaka

Group C (Need 1) (No Brainer)
Carlos Correra

Group D (Need 1)
Wilson Contreras
Byron Buxton
Kenta Madea
Lance McCullers
Dylan Bundy

thoughts?

Chilly

Re: Keeper Help If You Wanna Be a Bro

Postby Chilly » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:00 pm

Group A (Need 5)
Mike Trout - No brainer
Bryce Harper - No Brainer
Nolan Arenado - No Brainer
Anthony Rizzo - No Brainer
Wil Myers
Justin Verlander
Dee Gordon

Tough choice between Verlander and Gordon here. Leaning Verlander as you really have no other Elite pitcher options. Gordon would lock up steals and 2B for you though. So really I could see going either way based on the league. If you keep Verlander, you need to keep Polanco in next group for higher steals. If you keep Gordon here I think you still keep Polanco. But then you need to drop Contreras and keep Madea (or McCullers if you think he can stay healthy in group D).

Gregory Polanco - I think I go Polanco here. I think similar # of HR's, but Polanco will hit for better average and get you more steals. Springer has Run advantage hitting leadoff though.
George Springer
Tanaka

Carlos Correra

Group D (Need 1)
Wilson Contreras - Elite power at Catcher. Either him or Madea, depending on if you keep Verlander or Gordon.
Byron Buxton - Not a huge fan of Buxton.
Kenta Madea - Keep if not keeping Verlander
Lance McCullers - Love him but health and IP will be issue and you have a team that can win now.
Dylan Bundy - like others better

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:24 pm

Group A (Need 5)
Mike Trout
Bryce Harper
Nolan Arenado
Anthony Rizzo
Wil Myers

George Springer

Carlos Correra

Group D (Need 1)

Lance McCullers

Only real question is last one, kinda want McCullers b/c you have no other SP keepers
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

thump

Postby thump » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:34 pm

Grey surprised to see you putting Maeda ( a pitcher) over Buxton (Toolsy Outfielder).. Seems to go against the grain..

Also surprised you think Myers over Polanco in 2017... I traded FOR Polanco last year after your rankings dropped.. :D

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”