Challenging H2H keeper league looking for new owner

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
RandomItalicizdVoice
Sponsor
Sponsor

Challenging H2H keeper league looking for new owner

Postby RandomItalicizdVoice » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:18 pm

If you'd like to play against a couple of fantasy writers, a former RCL overall winner (yep, that's me), and several others who came to the league via this site, have a lookie here. Here is the team:

(see post below)

We have an opening in a keeper league that has been going for several years now. Several managers are Razzballers...most of the rest of the league came from the Rotoworld forums. Many managers are of "expert" level. As you may know, I managed to win the Razzball RCL overall title a few years ago and I was the originator of the Razzball Champions League, and there are also a few fantasy writers in the league as well...so there are some very sharp managers in this league. So if you'd like to test your mettle in a very challenging league without having to worry about a monetary investment, this could interest you.

This is a 12-team H2H league with no entry fee. We use a 6X6 format which includes: AVG, HR, RBI, R, SB, BB & QS, ERA, WHIP, SV, HLD, K. It's pretty standard in terms of roster size, although we use 2 SP slots, 3 RP slots and 2 P slots....which can make for some interesting decision making considering the nature of the H2H format and our categories. We also carry an NA spot, along with 3 DL slots. It is both a challenging and fun league, in my opinion.

In this league, we do a slow draft on a league message board (that we are looking to get started with ASAP) that usually takes about a week or so in all. We keep 5 guys, which are kept in the round they are drafted in (free agent pickups are kept in the 14th round), and are kept on 3-year contracts. So this allows for pretty good churning of the pool every few years. This happens to be the leagues' 6th year. In the past, I've found this draft to be extremely helpful in preparing me for subsequent drafts because the format allows you to fully consider every angle of each pick and to fully engage your sense of who should be drafted where.

The first number in the team listing above is keeper round, the second number is number of years remaining on contract INCLUDING 2015.

Some of the players coming off contract and available in the draft include Stanton, Donaldson, Mccutchen, Marte, Felix, Car Gomez, Miggy, Tulo, Kershaw, Bautista, Edwin, etc.

You can PM me, reply here, or email me (which is probably best) with any questions or to express interest. I will PM or email you the link to the league message board along with a few more details.

[email protected]
Last edited by RandomItalicizdVoice on Sat May 21, 2016 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jax

Re: Challenging H2H keeper league looking for new owner

Postby Jax » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:00 pm

Sent email

RandomItalicizdVoice
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby RandomItalicizdVoice » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:18 am

This spot has been filled.

RandomItalicizdVoice
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby RandomItalicizdVoice » Sat May 21, 2016 6:20 pm

Hey everyone,

A manager in our league has decided that he doesn't actually have time to play anymore. Which stinks, one month in. So, here's an opportunity for you to join this league. See above for league details. Here is the available team:

Brian McCann NYY - C,1B

Paul Goldschmidt Ari - 1B 

Brian Dozier Min - 2B 

Brett Lawrie CWS - 2B,3B

Troy Tulowitzki Tor - SS

Carlos Gómez Hou - OF

Hanley Ramírez Bos - 1B,OF

Lorenzo Cain KC - OF 

Joey Votto Cin - 1B 

Jacoby Ellsbury NYY - OF

Stephen Vogt Oak - C,1B

Steven Souza Jr. TB - OF

Billy Hamilton Cin - OF

Kolten Wong StL - 2B

Jung Ho Kang Pit - 3B,SS

Trevor May Min - SP,RP

Corey Kluber Cle - SP 

Kenley Jansen LAD - RP

Jake McGee Col - RP

Sam Dyson Tex - RP

Francisco Rodríguez Det - RP

Anibal Sánchez Det - SP

Drew Smyly TB - SP

Justin Verlander Det - SP

Jeff Locke Pit - SP

Tom Koehler Mia - SP

Ubaldo Jiménez Bal - SP

DL Yu Darvish Tex - SP

NA Lucas Giolito Was - SP

So yeah....admittedly, the team isn't very good. But....it's a keeper league with a high turnover (we only keep 5 players)....so while this season will likely be a rebuilding year, if you'd like a nice challenge in a league with some very sharp managers, the team is available right now.

Cheers all!

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”