LOGIN

The final week of interleague play is upon us and I can hardly hold back the emotions. What will we do when we have to watch the same old boring series between divisional rivalries. Yawn. Teams are starting to feel out the trade market, highlighted by the two teams who are either in bankruptcy or in a financial divorce crisis. The same names keep coming up, Cliff Lee and Roy Oswalt. Cliff Lee is pitching silly right now. For giggles, go look at his K/BB rate and then come back, I’ll wait. Okay, it’s pretty freakin’ funny how well he is pitching for a horrible offensive team. I love speculating, so here is my attempt. Cliff Lee goes to the Yankees in a three team deal. The Dodgers get Javier Vasquez. Seattle gets Austin Romine and Zach McAllister from NY and James McDonald and Kyle Russell from the Dodgers. Roy Oswalt goes to the Rangers for Chris Davis and Robbie Ross. Critique all you want, at least I throw out names unlike other people who talk about trades, get paid to talk about trades and never ever make a prediction that they haven’t read somewhere else. Keep it real, that’s all I’m saying. Back to week 12, here are the two start dudes who will give you quantity this week in fantasy baseball:

Jeremy Guthrie (Fla vs. Sanchez) (Was vs. Hernandez)
If the homerun didn’t exist he would be a god. But it does and he is a used car salesman of SP. Shows you brilliance, sometimes. Then you have to go change the sheets cause he soiled the bed. Take that and he plays for Baltimore. .249 BAA is appealing. 9 QS in his last 12 outings just proves that B-more stinks.

Bruce Chen (@ Was vs. Hernandez) ( StL vs. Garcia)
I honestly thought he was dead until 2 weeks ago. He shows his face every once and awhile to make people believe he exists. He falls into the category of Elvis, Loch Ness monster and Bigfoot.

Gio Gonzalez (Cin vs. Leake) (Pit vs. Duke)
I’m personally not a fan of any pitcher that gives up 10 plus base runners a game. Gets you about 5 K’s a game. Oakland is scuffling and not scoring any runs. That means he’s fantasy recycling, only good once a month.

Tommy Hunter (Pit vs. Duke) ( Hou vs. Oswalt)
Came back from the DL then got hurt in 2 1/3 IP. Maybe iffy for 2 starts, but has been effective:  4ER in 17 innings. Great sleeper for this week if he is able to make both starts. Pittsburgh and Houston aren’t the offensive juggernauts.

Wade Davis (SD vs. Latos) (Ari vs. Lopez)
Early season darling, then what happened? I’ll tell you, professional hitters beating up a #3 type stuff pitcher. Plain and simple, he doesn’t have overpowering stuff and is holding this spot in the rotation for Hellickson. His wins are an anomaly as the Rays were killing it thru 45 games. .275 BAA against is borderline bad. Gets 2 okay matchups to save his spot.

Jhoulys Chacin (Bos vs. Lester) ( @Laa vs. Santana)
Named his first daughter Ubaldo.  Does pretty decent against RH batters at .190 clip. Gets 2 starts against teams that will light it up. No Tulo, sorry had to throw that in there. These will probably be his last 2 starts, until dlR comes back in 10 days or so.

Anibal Sanchez ( @Bal vs. Guthrie) (SD vs. Latos)
Got snakebit last week. Still way undervalued due to his 1.40 WHIP. Best two start option in this whole article. Should have started here and scanned the rest. It rubs the lotion on the skin, or it gets the hose again. Now fly-fly and go pick him up.

Jonathon Niese (Det vs. Verlander) (Min vs. Baker)
The Frying Pan Kid –> Look at his profile picture. Tough 2 starts for a low level SP this week. Gets the butcher and the candlestick maker next week. Only owned in 16% of ESPN leagues. They should call that a fantasy cemetery with all the dead teams that live there.

Jamie Moyer (Cle vs. Talbot) (@Tor vs. Cecil)
About as predictable as liver spots. Raise your hand if you own him and sat him vs. the Yanks. Yeah, me too. Dumb. I don’t know how he does it.  I watched video of him from 1990 and he has all the same mechanics as he did then, just less creaky. I am definitely a fan, because, at 47, I’m going to need a nurse and a healthy supply of bibs.