Decimated by injury...

Look at my kick ass team! Look at my sorry ass team! Could someone look at my team and tell me what they think is right/wrong?
Hole Camels

Decimated by injury...

Postby Hole Camels » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:03 pm

This team is in 3rd place, 12 team 5x5 standard H2H Yahoo Winners league:

In the last week I have lost:

Carlos Lee
Mike Lowell
Evan Longoria

This is also a team that had or has:

Hideki Matsui
Victor Martinez
Chien-Ming Wang
Ryan Church
Ryan Zimmerman
Francisco Liriano

Faaantastic. My remaining roster:

C- Doumit
1st- Chris Davis
2nd- Mike Aviles
3rd- Mike LowellDL I was platooning Longoria and Lowell, then when Lee went down, I moved Longoria into my Util spot.
SS- Hanley Ramirez
OF- Carlos Quentin
OF- Corey Hart
OF- Hunter Pence
Util- Conor Jackson
BN - Hideki MatsuiDL
BN - Evan LongoriaDL
DL - Victor MartinezDL

SP- CC Sabathia
SP- Francisco Liriano
RP- Mariano Rivera
RP- George Sherill
P- Solomon Torres
P- Kevin Gregg
P- Justin Duschererererer
BN - Ricky Nolasco
BN - Hiroki Kuroda
BN - Josh Johnson

Wow. Outstanding. My offense COULD have been:

C- Ryan Doumit
1st- Chris Davis
2nd- Mike Aviles
3rd- Mike Lowell
SS- Hanley Ramirez
OF- Carlos Lee
OF- Carlos Quentin
OF- Corey Hart
Util- Evan Longoria
BN- Conor Jackson
BN- Hideki Matsui

White Lightning

Re: Decimated by injury...

Postby White Lightning » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:03 pm

I think you could cut ties with VMart and slip Longo in the the DL spot. Might could part ways with Matsui too.
Chase

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:07 pm

This team is in 3rd place, 12 team 5x5 standard H2H Yahoo Winners league:

In the last week I have lost:

Carlos Lee
Mike Lowell
Evan Longoria

This is also a team that had or has:

Hideki Matsui
Victor Martinez
Chien-Ming Wang
Ryan Church
Ryan Zimmerman
Francisco Liriano

Faaantastic. My remaining roster:

C- Doumit
1st- Chris Davis
2nd- Mike Aviles
3rd- Mike LowellDL I was platooning Longoria and Lowell, then when Lee went down, I moved Longoria into my Util spot.
SS- Hanley Ramirez
OF- Carlos Quentin
OF- Corey Hart
OF- Hunter Pence
Util- Conor Jackson
BN - Hideki MatsuiDL
BN - Evan LongoriaDL
DL - Victor MartinezDL

SP- CC Sabathia
SP- Francisco Liriano
RP- Mariano Rivera
RP- George Sherill
P- Solomon Torres
P- Kevin Gregg
P- Justin Duschererererer
BN - Ricky Nolasco
BN - Hiroki Kuroda
BN - Josh Johnson

Wow. Outstanding. My offense COULD have been:

C- Ryan Doumit
1st- Chris Davis
2nd- Mike Aviles
3rd- Mike Lowell
SS- Hanley Ramirez
OF- Carlos Lee
OF- Carlos Quentin
OF- Corey Hart
Util- Evan Longoria
BN- Conor Jackson
BN- Hideki Matsui
I agree with White L. Cut VMart and try someone else in 3rd. Also, you probably don't want to take on the risk of VMart or Hideki with that decimated squad. Go for a healthy OF.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Hole Camels

Postby Hole Camels » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:57 pm

I agree with White L. Cut VMart and try someone else in 3rd. Also, you probably don't want to take on the risk of VMart or Hideki with that decimated squad. Go for a healthy OF.
I cut Lowell for Melvin Mora, Matsui for Garrett Anderson and put Longoria on the DL. I'm going to keep VMart for now, if he can come back strong I could use his help at 1st. There are other names on the wire I'm considering, though:

Denard Span
Marlon Byrd
Billy Butler - Worth dropping VMart for to platoon at 1st with Davis?
Mike Cameron
Jody Gerut

Kevin Kouzmanoff is available, should I take him vs. Mora? I tend to shy away from bats that call Petco home.

I'm determined to patchwork this team together and win this league, but I have to pray for a white hot Hanley Ramirez finish to have a chance, methinks.

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:03 pm

I cut Lowell for Melvin Mora, Matsui for Garrett Anderson and put Longoria on the DL. I'm going to keep VMart for now, if he can come back strong I could use his help at 1st. There are other names on the wire I'm considering, though:

Denard Span
Marlon Byrd
Billy Butler - Worth dropping VMart for to platoon at 1st with Davis?
Mike Cameron
Jody Gerut

Kevin Kouzmanoff is available, should I take him vs. Mora? I tend to shy away from bats that call Petco home.

I'm determined to patchwork this team together and win this league, but I have to pray for a white hot Hanley Ramirez finish to have a chance, methinks.
I want Kouzmanoff over Mora.
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Hole Camels

Postby Hole Camels » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:06 am

ARGH. Now Quentin is sitting because he was hit by pitches in FIVE STRAIGHT GAMES. The first player to do so since 1920? So Lee, Longoria and Quentin all down because they were hit by pitches.

Lame... so very lame.

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:22 am

You need to ship your guys some elbow pads and shizz.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

White Lightning

Postby White Lightning » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:01 am

Or just tell em to cowboy up. I'm pretty sure Craig Biggio would keep playing if he got hit by a bus.
Chase

Hole Camels

Postby Hole Camels » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:53 pm

Add Carlos Quentin to the list of lost bats. This team has been absolutely destroyed by injury, but I'm still in the playoffs:

C- Ryan Doumit
1st- Billy Butler (Picked up to replace Conor Jackson)
2nd- Mike Aviles
3rd- Chris Davis
SS- Hanley Ramirez
OF- Corey Hart (Once my 3rd OFer)
OF- Hunter Pence
OF- Andre Either (Picked up to replace Quentin)
Util- Adrian Beltre (Picked up to help with Mora out)
B- Melvin Mora
B- Denard Span

SP- CC Sabathia
SP- Franisco Liriano
RP- Mariano Rivera
RP- Salomon Torres
P- Kevin Gregg (I'm expecting to lose him too)
P- Fernando Rodney
BN- Hiroki Kuroda
BN- Josh Johnson
BN- Gil Meche
DL- George Sherrill

If I can get this team out of the first round, it will be a feat. If I can win this league, it will be a miracle. What a bummer year for this squad after being so strong for most of the year.

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:04 pm

You actually have solid replacements for the guys you lost. At this point in the season, you're probably better off losing Quentin than him trying to play through it and not play well.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Return to “Roster Rants, Raves, and Review”