My team vs. his team Part 33 1/3

Look at my kick ass team! Look at my sorry ass team! Could someone look at my team and tell me what they think is right/wrong?
BigFatHippo
Sponsor
Sponsor

My team vs. his team Part 33 1/3

Postby BigFatHippo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:16 am

As discussed last night in the blog.

10 team roto.

Currently in 1st by 9 pts. I've been in 1st all year by 10 to 26 pts, this is the closest he has come to me. Pretty much everyone else is out of it at this point.

My team:

C-Yadier
1B-Loney
2B-Utley
SS-C Guile
3B-Chipper
MI-Kaz
CI-Atkins
OF-Maggs, Sizemore, Dye
Util-Ludwick ..........bench-Ludwick, C Jack, Hunter, Nomah

SP-Webb, Hamels, Bills, Shields, Kazmir, Harang
RP-K Rod, Marte, Kobay, Broxton, Franklin, any Washington schmo

Do I need to upgrade at MI and possibly SS? Or just ride it out.
Yadier Fielder Utley Reyes Beltre Pena Felipe Sizemore Cruz Ludwick AdamJones
Hamels Bills Shields Wandy Weaver K-Rod Franklin Aardsma Izzy
DL-Webb

10 team Roto

Grey

Re: My team vs. his team Part 33 1/3

Postby Grey » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:26 am

10 team roto.

Currently in 1st by 9 pts. I've been in 1st all year by 10 to 26 pts, this is the closest he has come to me. Pretty much everyone else is out of it at this point.

My team:

C-Yadier
1B-Loney
2B-Utley
SS-C Guile
3B-Chipper
MI-Kaz
CI-Atkins
OF-Maggs, Sizemore, Dye

Could you move any of those Utility guys for an upgrade at MI? For like Theriot? Or maybe pickup Bartlett and drop Nomah.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

BigFatHippo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby BigFatHippo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:28 pm

Would Bartlett even be an upgrade over Kaz? Who gets more steals from this point forward?

I have 9 pts in avg and 10 in OBP, so that has to be taken into consideration. Too many right below me.

The Maggs Hunter Broxton for Holliday deal fell through. I'm still hoping Kamir Loney for Morneau goes through, he said he'd let me know Fri.
DL-Webb

10 team Roto

BigFatHippo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby BigFatHippo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:47 pm

It's a little more complicated than I mentioned. There's another guy I'm looking out for, he's at 10 era, 10 whip and -80 innings pitched.

When he starts streaming pitchers he can gain ground in a hurry, he should start soon shouldn't he?
DL-Webb

10 team Roto

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:24 pm

Would Bartlett even be an upgrade over Kaz? Who gets more steals from this point forward?

I have 9 pts in avg and 10 in OBP, so that has to be taken into consideration. Too many right below me.

The Maggs Hunter Broxton for Holliday deal fell through. I'm still hoping Kamir Loney for Morneau goes through, he said he'd let me know Fri.
I like Bartlett a little better.
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:25 pm

It's a little more complicated than I mentioned. There's another guy I'm looking out for, he's at 10 era, 10 whip and -80 innings pitched.

When he starts streaming pitchers he can gain ground in a hurry, he should start soon shouldn't he?
I would think he'd be working some in whenever he sees a good matchup.

It's something to consider.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

BigFatHippo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby BigFatHippo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:31 pm

I would think he'd be working some in whenever he sees a good matchup.

It's something to consider.
He did this 3 years ago and won the league, I don't remember him being this far back though. I've got 110 pts followed by 101, 82.5, 80, 75.5, 75.5, and him at 72.5 with 80 innings in hand.
I don't think I should worry but damm.

I added Bartlett and dropped Garc, I'll stream middle infielders when he comes back. If the trade goes through there's no way they catch me. The 2nd place guy I'm more worried about, I had a 20 point lead seems like a month ago. I'll let you know if he gets closer or if the other guy makes headway. Thanks for your help.
DL-Webb

10 team Roto

Denys

Postby Denys » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:14 pm

10 team roto.

My team:

C-Yadier
1B-Loney
2B-Utley
SS-C Guile
3B-Chipper
MI-Kaz
CI-Atkins
OF-Maggs, Sizemore, Dye

Welp we need to know what's available out there. But I'd try to trade one of your starters and Loney as a package for a better 1B. Nomah is definitely a drop. See if you can cash in on Chipper somewhere (he won't stay healthy all season - as I write this he left a game earlier with a dull hammy).

Maybe a multiple package - you give: Webb/Loney/Chipper for: Baker/Morneau/Longoria. That's assuming there's an owner in your league with those three players on his squad...
Who's afraid of Baltimore?

BigFatHippo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby BigFatHippo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:31 pm

Thanks Denys

Got a Kazmir, Loney for Morneau deal pending till Friday. I think it's pending on Kaz' start, pretty savvy on his part.

Very seldom do multiple player trades go through in this league. Pretty shallow with 10 teams and the fact that we've played together for 10 years (some on paper believe it or not).

If that doesn't work I'll try Webb, Loney and a RP for Tex, the guy with Tex needs saves.

You think Kazmir will stay healthy?
DL-Webb

10 team Roto

BKK

Postby BKK » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:12 pm

Thanks Denys

Got a Kazmir, Loney for Morneau deal pending till Friday. I think it's pending on Kaz' start, pretty savvy on his part.

Very seldom do multiple player trades go through in this league. Pretty shallow with 10 teams and the fact that we've played together for 10 years (some on paper believe it or not).

If that doesn't work I'll try Webb, Loney and a RP for Tex, the guy with Tex needs saves.

You think Kazmir will stay healthy?
I think I'd make the move for Tex if you can get him from his owner before Morneau, but that's me. I'd be trying to see if anyone has any interest in Chipper and drop Atkins in there, but this could be tough as he seems to be headed for an extended rest again. Not sure that steals were addressed if that was a focus, Bartlett and Kaz seem more or less equal there. And I see as you stated, Pierre has no where to slide into the line up, the way things stand.

Return to “Roster Rants, Raves, and Review”