Gio issues

Look at my kick ass team! Look at my sorry ass team! Could someone look at my team and tell me what they think is right/wrong?
p0rk burn
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Gio issues

Postby p0rk burn » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:41 pm

I want to hang onto Marcum because I traded for him right before he went down. My managerial pride is keeping me from admitting the mistake. Bell has value because this league scores holds. Yunel has value to me because he's my only SS backup. Thoughts?
balls-arms.JPG
balls-arms.JPG (30.09 KiB) Viewed 476 times
balls-bats.JPG
balls-bats.JPG (38.16 KiB) Viewed 477 times

p0rk burn
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Re: Gio issues

Postby p0rk burn » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:47 pm

My second team is a lot easier to address as far as slotting in Gio. Matsui obviously seems to be deadweight, but since he is on the DL dropping him doesnt solve the problem. Same with Putz. This team has been reborn since going with the youth movement of Headley/Aviles/Baker/Davis/Span - does that speak more to how bad it was before? Span was actually just for kicks and giggles, he's fun to watch and I had the space so why not. Im not too attached to him. Like the other league this scores holds so Downs and Bell are worth something. Mikey G is the odd man out in the bullpen after I dealt George Posada for Street - it was the best I could get and I was tired of carrying 2 catchers - so I'm inclined to ditch him.

Any other thoughts/suggestions for this team? I'm hoping Prince turns things up a notch in the second half. I'm 33.5 games back from first but only 3 back from the last playoff spot. All you gotta do is get into the postseason.
birdman arms.JPG
birdman arms.JPG (31.25 KiB) Viewed 466 times
birdman bats.JPG
birdman bats.JPG (38.89 KiB) Viewed 466 times

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:56 pm

Gio doesn't slot into the first team because you got too many bench guys. Why don't you start trading people to upgrade? Dunn and Uggla on your bench? That's too much. Not to mention all the DL'd guys that others would give you something for. I would drop Yunel if I were you, but you seem to think you need him for some reason. I don't agree. Yunel is the type of player that can be found on the waivers.

As for the 2nd team...

[quote="p0rk burn"Mikey G [/quote]

Him.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

p0rk burn
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Postby p0rk burn » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:06 pm

Dunn and Uggla on your bench? That's too much. Not to mention all the DL'd guys that others would give you something for.
Unfortunately the league is too shallow. I picked up Dunn from the wire in late June after his owner grew tired of the slump. Jokes on him. My offense is obliterating the competition in this h2h league so any move would be for pitching. This is a team I traded A.Gonzo for Marcum - its just built that damn good. Noteworthy that both parties to that trade seemed to have gotten screwed because Adrian is looking like Rocky's woman more than a mexican slugger and Marcum has pitched once since then, but I digress.

What type of pitcher is Uggla worth? I was getting offers from the Harden owner for Kinsler but even as an Uggla fan I believe in Kinsler more than Uggla. Don't tell Dan.

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:14 pm

Unfortunately, Uggla hasn't looked so great recently either and with a shallow league, you may not get value. Maybe go for someone that has little value right now but may come on strong i.e. Wainwright or Bedard. Full disclosure, I wouldn't trade for either of those two right now. This is just because of your predicament.
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

p0rk burn
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Postby p0rk burn » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:34 pm

I'm trying to improve my pitching staff, not make the pile of crap taller. This is why I'm sitting on my hands.

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:37 pm

It matters if it's Wainwright or if it's Uggla on your bench? I'm pretty sure Uggla will never improve your pitching sitting on your bench.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Return to “Roster Rants, Raves, and Review”