Should I be worried about my AVG and OBP?

Look at my kick ass team! Look at my sorry ass team! Could someone look at my team and tell me what they think is right/wrong?
waly01

Should I be worried about my AVG and OBP?

Postby waly01 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:55 am

I really like my team and when I look at it top to bottom, I find myself content. With that said, I also find myself in 4th place which I think is to low. I make a ton of trades and acquisitions so part of that could be attributed to not having this current team all year. I am leading the league in HR and RBI, middle of the pack in runs, 2nd in steals but 2nd from the bottom in AVG and OBP. (up this week from dead last). My question is should I be worried about my AVG and OBP or am I right in thinking that I have some second half players who's average will climb post ASB. Here is my line up

C. I Just made a trade at this poistion. I traded Posada and Hardy for Beltran and there are 2 catchers who will be on the FA list all year so I plan on using Yadier Molina and Kurt Suzuki interchangeably depending on who's hotter. It's currently Yadier because of, needless to say, his AVG.
1b. Ryan Howard
2b. Brandon Phillips
3b. David Wright
SS. Harriston JR (Just traded J. Sanchez for Tulo though, so we'll see how their injury situations play out)
OF. Ryan Braun
OF. Jermaine Dye
OF. Carlos Beltran
Util. Jacoby Ellsbury
My bench: Jay Bruce, Willy Tavares (I took a flier on Francuer when he was dropped, but just dropped him this morning for a flier on Brett Myers, what do you guys think on that?)

My pitching
1. CC Sabathia
2. Cole Hamels
3. Tim Lincecum
4. Josh Beckett
5. Ricky Nolasco
6. Aaron Harrang
7. Brett Myers

Relief( Marte, Broxton, Marmol)

I'm in a 12 team H2H Non-keeper league and the categories are the standard 5x5 format with IP and OBP added in.

I think Howard has been draining on my avg but I gotta expect that to come up a little bit. Also Wright is a 2nd half hitter and I am hoping that Beltran will get up around .280 and Bruan to get up around .300

I also could prob move Beltran for Magglio if you think that's needed. Should I stick tight or try to trade for some higher AVG guys?

Grey

Re: Should I be worried about my AVG and OBP?

Postby Grey » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:05 am

I really like my team and when I look at it top to bottom, I find myself content. With that said, I also find myself in 4th place which I think is to low. I make a ton of trades and acquisitions so part of that could be attributed to not having this current team all year. I am leading the league in HR and RBI, middle of the pack in runs, 2nd in steals but 2nd from the bottom in AVG and OBP. (up this week from dead last). My question is should I be worried about my AVG and OBP or am I right in thinking that I have some second half players who's average will climb post ASB. Here is my line up

C. I Just made a trade at this poistion. I traded Posada and Hardy for Beltran and there are 2 catchers who will be on the FA list all year so I plan on using Yadier Molina and Kurt Suzuki interchangeably depending on who's hotter. It's currently Yadier because of, needless to say, his AVG.
1b. Ryan Howard
2b. Brandon Phillips
3b. David Wright
SS. Harriston JR (Just traded J. Sanchez for Tulo though, so we'll see how their injury situations play out)
OF. Ryan Braun
OF. Jermaine Dye
OF. Carlos Beltran
Util. Jacoby Ellsbury
My bench: Jay Bruce, Willy Tavares (I took a flier on Francuer when he was dropped, but just dropped him this morning for a flier on Brett Myers, what do you guys think on that?)

My pitching
1. CC Sabathia
2. Cole Hamels
3. Tim Lincecum
4. Josh Beckett
5. Ricky Nolasco
6. Aaron Harrang
7. Brett Myers

Relief( Marte, Broxton, Marmol)

I'm in a 12 team H2H Non-keeper league and the categories are the standard 5x5 format with IP and OBP added in.

I think Howard has been draining on my avg but I gotta expect that to come up a little bit. Also Wright is a 2nd half hitter and I am hoping that Beltran will get up around .280 and Braun to get up around .300

I also could prob move Beltran for Magglio if you think that's needed. Should I stick tight or try to trade for some higher AVG guys?
I like the trade of Posada.

I would've stayed the course with Frenchy instead of Myers.

I don't think Braun will necessarily be the average guy you're hoping for, but he'll be fine. I wouldn't trade Beltran for Mags. You'll take a hit in everything but average and it's necessary, your team should be better in the 2nd half, raising its average.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

waly01

Postby waly01 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:18 am

I think Brett Myers is a tough as nails guy who's more likley to come back solid. I looked at my team, I don't really need the RBI Francuer would provide if he did come back to his old form and I already have my OF pretty set. I originally only picked him up for trade value down the line, I don't see him being a big part of my team at any point.

I could drop Bruce or Tavaras for him but I kinda don't want to just dump Willy. I was thinking hold on to him till the deadline to see his value. He's a career .290 hitter who's on pace for 65+ steals. Theres good value in that as his average continues to climb. Of course, if he's traded and becomes a platoon player he'll get the boot. I missed the boat on trading Bruce, but I've held onto him since, I think he'll be much better than he's been over the past few weeks so I'm hesitant to just dump him on a flier after suffering through hid slump, so I'm not sure what to do with Francuer.

knighttown
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby knighttown » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:47 am

You and I have extremely similar situations. I've got monster power but no one that can bring my average up. I've slowly jumped up to second place which is good but I'm rock bottom in batting average. I'm throwing a couple of trades against the wall to see if they'll stick (Dunn for Ichiro) but if not I'm expecting BA to increase for Prince, Dunn, Howard etc. and to get V-Mart back to replace the void that is my catcher position.
SP- Haren, DeLarosa, Sanchez, Nolasco, Price, E. Santana, Cueto, Buchholz
RP- Soriano, Marmol, Dotel
C- Wieters
CI-Morneau, Wright, Votto
OF- Kemp, BJ Upton, G. Jones, A. Jones, N. Cruz, Fowler
MI-A. Ramirez, Stewart, Asdrubal
U-Ortiz or Berkman

waly01

Postby waly01 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:05 am

Ichiro was just put on the block in my league but his owner is a lunatic. He replied to my questioning of what it would take to get him along with Beltran and he responded with Beltran and a top teir pitcher even tho Ichiro was drafted (on average) 5 spots ahead of CB.

Return to “Roster Rants, Raves, and Review”