My team, 14-team league, Mixed, Roto

Look at my kick ass team! Look at my sorry ass team! Could someone look at my team and tell me what they think is right/wrong?
JoeO99

Re: My team, 14-team league, Mixed, Roto

Postby JoeO99 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:32 pm

Wins are tough to predict, but I think your pitching staff might be weak on them. What say you go get us some wins?
I forgot about Verlander in my previous post, i added him in.

With him and CC at the top and with my team already in a healthy position in wins and well behind on IP, i think i'll be fine there. I never trade specifically for wins anyway.

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:56 pm

Ah, yes. With Verlander, you will be in better shape.

You should look to upgrade Kaz and Aviles. Maybe Hideki for a disappointing guy with some upside -- say Tulo?
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

JoeO99

Postby JoeO99 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:50 am

Any suggestions for moves before the deadline to help my team? It's posted in it's current form 6 posts back.

I think my obvious needs are at 2B, SS, and although i have 3 closers, i only have a 5 points out of a possible 14 in saves, so another wouldn't hurt. Who would you guys target, and what would you be looking to offer?

Quentin is a guy i think i'd like to trade, it'd allow me to platoon Kouz and Davis at Util, and Matsui if he comes back. I'm finding SS tough to find help at, i don't want to make a massive deal for one of the big 3, the guy who owns Young won't deal him if he's only getting Aviles to replace him, and i don't like Tejada. Who else could i go after? What would i offer for Tulo? I'm regretting dropping Peralta...

What about 2B? I think the Ramirez/Kaz platoon might be fine, i don't like my chances of getting Cano back, i traded him to a big-time Yanks fan who's still on his balls despite the bad first half.

JoeO99

Postby JoeO99 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:00 am

Oh and is Furcal worth a pickup in the hope of a month of top-notch production??

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:40 am

C: Doumit
1B: M-Cab
3B: Wright
2B: Kaz Matsui, Al. Ramirez
SS: Aviles
OF: Sparkakis
OF: Hart
OF: Rios
Util: Quentin
Bnch: C Davis
Bnch: Kouz
DL: H Matsui

SP: Sabathia
SP: Verlander
SP: Guthrie
SP: Parra
SP: Baker
SP: Garza
CL: Ryan
CL: Marte
CL: Gonzalez
RP: Bell
DL: Marcum
DL: Harang

Any suggestions for moves before the deadline to help my team? It's posted in it's current form 6 posts back.

I think my obvious needs are at 2B, SS, and although i have 3 closers, i only have a 5 points out of a possible 14 in saves, so another wouldn't hurt. Who would you guys target, and what would you be looking to offer?

Quentin is a guy i think i'd like to trade, it'd allow me to platoon Kouz and Davis at Util, and Matsui if he comes back. I'm finding SS tough to find help at, i don't want to make a massive deal for one of the big 3, the guy who owns Young won't deal him if he's only getting Aviles to replace him, and i don't like Tejada. Who else could i go after? What would i offer for Tulo? I'm regretting dropping Peralta...

What about 2B? I think the Ramirez/Kaz platoon might be fine, i don't like my chances of getting Cano back, i traded him to a big-time Yanks fan who's still on his balls despite the bad first half.
I'm assuming that's your current team. Not sure.

I think you're thinking right with wanting to move Quentin. I wouldn't sell him for a bag of peanuts, but you can address some needs with him.

Do you think you can trade Aviles and Quentin for Tulo and third tier closer? Someone like CJ Wilson? Or even a better closer?
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

JoeO99

Postby JoeO99 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:48 am

1B: M-Cab
2B: Kaz Matsui, Al. Ramirez
OF: Sparkakis
OF: Hart
Util: Quentin
Bnch: C Davis
Bnch: Kouz
DL: H Matsui

SP: Sabathia
SP: Verlander
SP: Guthrie
SP: Parra
SP: Baker
SP: Garza
CL: Ryan
CL: Marte
CL: Gonzalez
RP: Bell
DL: Marcum

I'm assuming that's your current team. Not sure.

I think you're thinking right with wanting to move Quentin. I wouldn't sell him for a bag of peanuts, but you can address some needs with him.

Do you think you can trade Aviles and Quentin for Tulo and third tier closer? Someone like CJ Wilson? Or even a better closer?
Yeah that's my team minus Parra. He shouldn't be in there, i traded him a while back.

I offered Quentin/Bell for Tulo/Jenks, but i don't expect it to be accepted.

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:04 am

That's solid and is fair for the other team. You're actually assuming way more risk.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:03 pm

BTW, Furcal may be worth it, but depends who you're dropping. I wouldn't bother with him yet though and if someone gets him before you, I wouldn't sweat it.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

JoeO99

Postby JoeO99 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:41 pm

OK, a team update here. My current roster looks like this.

1B: Cabrera
2B: Alexei Ramirez
OF: Markakis
OF: Quentin
Util: Davis/ Kouzmanoff
DL: Matsui

SP: Sabathia, Haren, Verlander, Baker, Parra, Maine
CL: Ryan, Gonzalez, Rodney, Hanrahan, Kobayashi
RP: Scott Hansen

Any suggestions for improvements before the deadline Grey? The only obvious places i can see are 2B and SS, although my two rookie MI's have been productive for me. Go after Cano, Tulo, BJ or someone like that, and offer who?

I also would like to add another closer if i can, as i have room for one more with Hanrahan's SP eligibility, and need to load up as i have dropped to a 3.5 out of 14 in saves. Who should i be targetting and offering?

Grey

Postby Grey » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:47 pm

I would see if you can get a 2nd rate closer for Davis. While he might be good, you need saves more and Kouz should be fine until the end of the year. Or offer Kouz.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Return to “Roster Rants, Raves, and Review”