My team, 14-team league, Mixed, Roto

Look at my kick ass team! Look at my sorry ass team! Could someone look at my team and tell me what they think is right/wrong?
JoeO99

My team, 14-team league, Mixed, Roto

Postby JoeO99 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:24 am

After a lot of trading, my team has slowly started to crawl back up the standings, i lie around middle of the pack now.

Here it is:

C: Doumit
1B: Swisher/Helton
3B: Wright
2B: Cano
SS: Aviles
OF: Holliday
OF: Hart
OF: Kemp
Util: Dukes/Headley

SP: Sabathia
SP: Haren
SP: Ervin Santana
SP: Guthrie
SP: Parra
SP: Baker
SP: Garza
CL: Capps
CL: BJ Ryan
CL: Mike Gonz
RP: Bell

Any thoughts on possible further changes??

I'm obviously weak at 1B now after trading away Adrian Gonzalez and Miggy Cabrera in a deal which returned me Wright, Aviles and Haren. I need Swisher to produce, as Helton is lookinh horrible. Adam LaRoche is a FA.

I also wonder if i have enough steals in my lineup right now, i traded away my primary source in Brian Roberts a couple weeks ago.

My third concern would be, should i be selling high on Ervin if i can, or even Haren, given he normally fades away in the second half.

Suggestions?

Grey

Re: My team, 14-team league, Mixed, Roto

Postby Grey » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:33 am

After a lot of trading, my team has slowly started to crawl back up the standings, i lie around middle of the pack now.

Here it is:

C: Doumit
1B: Swisher/Helton
3B: Wright
2B: Cano
SS: Aviles
OF: Holliday
OF: Hart
OF: Kemp
Util: Dukes/Headley

SP: Sabathia
SP: Haren
SP: Ervin Santana
SP: Guthrie
SP: Parra
SP: Baker
SP: Garza
CL: Capps
CL: BJ Ryan
CL: Mike Gonz
RP: Bell

Any thoughts on possible further changes??

I'm obviously weak at 1B now after trading away Adrian Gonzalez and Miggy Cabrera in a deal which returned me Wright, Aviles and Haren. I need Swisher to produce, as Helton is looking horrible. Adam LaRoche is a FA.

I also wonder if i have enough steals in my lineup right now, i traded away my primary source in Brian Roberts a couple weeks ago.

My third concern would be, should i be selling high on Ervin if i can, or even Haren, given he normally fades away in the second half.

Suggestions?
I'd move Haren if you could for a solid bat or two. Don't sell him short b/c Haren's been too good for that. But you need some offense at first.

EDIT: to add "at first."
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Denys

Postby Denys » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:57 am

I doubt you could pull it off now. But targeting Teixeira for a trade about 2-3 weeks ago would've been smart. He was going relatively cheaper than what his value really is. Probably could've pulled off a straight up for Haren... Now I'm not so sure anymore.

My point is that you need a 1B.
Who's afraid of Baltimore?

JoeO99

Postby JoeO99 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:50 pm

My team has seen the following changes since the original post:

Traded Haren and Kemp for Harang and Markakis
Picked up Billy Butler for Helton
Picked up Kouz for Dukes

Here's my watch list:
Peralta
Justin Upton
Adam LaRoche
Barmes
Baker
Aybar
Clement
Fred Lewis
Kaz Matsui
Alou
Bartlett
DeJesus
Ethier
Kubel
Chris Davis
Alexi Casilla
Adam Jones
Dukes
Thames
Francisco
Jo-Jo Reyes
Perez
Hinshaw
Zumaya
Morton
Gallagher
Miller
Masterson
Colon
Marcum
Josh Johnson
Blackburn
Wolf
Shawn Hill

It's long i know! Anyone jump out at you guys that i should be letting go of Headley, Aviles or Butler for? I have 2 empty DL spots so if i was to drop someone i could pick up 2 of Kaz, Alou, Marcum, Colon or Johnson to stash along with someone else. I don't really wanna pick up another SP unless i let go of someone off my current staff.

JoeO99

Postby JoeO99 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:54 pm

Oh and is there any 1B or SS i should be targeting in particular to upgrade from Swisher and Aviles? Tex is a no go, i've tried. And who should i be shopping now that Haren is gone?

Grey

Postby Grey » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:16 pm

My team has seen the following changes since the original post:

Traded Haren and Kemp for Harang and Markakis
Picked up Billy Butler for Helton
Picked up Kouz for Dukes

Here's my watch list:
Peralta
Justin Upton
Adam LaRoche
Barmes
Baker
Aybar
Clement
Fred Lewis
Kaz Matsui
Alou
Bartlett
DeJesus
Ethier
Kubel
Chris Davis
Alexi Casilla
Adam Jones
Dukes
Thames
Francisco
Jo-Jo Reyes
Perez
Hinshaw
Zumaya
Morton
Gallagher
Miller
Masterson
Colon
Marcum
Josh Johnson
Blackburn
Wolf
Shawn Hill

It's long i know! Anyone jump out at you guys that i should be letting go of Headley, Aviles or Butler for? I have 2 empty DL spots so if i was to drop someone i could pick up 2 of Kaz, Alou, Marcum, Colon or Johnson to stash along with someone else. I don't really wanna pick up another SP unless i let go of someone off my current staff.
Drop Headley and pick up Davis, Marcum and Kaz.
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

JoeO99

Postby JoeO99 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:01 pm

Sage advice indeed, but a minor issue here i just noticed...Davis doesn't clear waivers on Yahoo til tomorrow, and Marcum not until the day after. And i have to pick up Marcum first to be able to stash him. Should i just put in a claim on Marcum and hope Davis isn't claimed?

Grey

Postby Grey » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:31 pm

Yeah, try that.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

JoeO99

Postby JoeO99 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:09 am

So, any suggestions on 1B and SS to target via trade? And who should i be looking at shopping in return?

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:58 am

So, any suggestions on 1B and SS to target via trade? And who should i be looking at shopping in return?
Sorry, missed that part of question. I'd grab LaRoche or Butler instead of Helton. In that order. Then I'd try and trade Mike G for Yunel, soon while Yunel's owner is worried that he's hurt really bad. If that doesn't work, switch Aviles out for a hot hand -- Casilla maybe?
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Return to “Roster Rants, Raves, and Review”