Trade Damon for what?

Look at my kick ass team! Look at my sorry ass team! Could someone look at my team and tell me what they think is right/wrong?
ekrase

Trade Damon for what?

Postby ekrase » Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 am

Grey,
I saw your recommendation about trading Damon while he's on fire. I'd sure be interested in your thoughts about what I should be looking to get for him. Or, perhaps I should hang on to him. I'm not sure. I do have a surplus of talent in the OF. I'm tempted to go after a starting pitcher, but I've been more or less breaking even on pitching so far. I should also mention here that I just got Kemp last week (for Holliday + Kendrick) and am thus unsure of how he'll impact my team. Also, at some point Brandon Webb will come off the DL and hopefully be better than average. Any thoughts here?

C Bengie Molina
1B Prince Fielder
2B Aaron Hill
3B David Wright
SS Derek Jeter
OF Johnny Damon
OF Nate McLouth
OF Justin Upton
Util Matt Kemp
BN Joey Votto
BN Corey Hart
BN Adam Jones

SP Roy Oswalt
SP Jake Peavy
SP Wandy Rodríguez
SP Ross Ohlendorf
RP Trevor Hoffman
RP Francisco Cordero
P Ryan Franklin
P Jason Frasor
BN Gil Meche
BN Juan Cruz
BN Koji Uehara
DL Joakim Soria
DL Brandon Webb

Grey

Re: Trade Damon for what?

Postby Grey » Mon May 18, 2009 8:12 am

Grey,
I saw your recommendation about trading Damon while he's on fire. I'd sure be interested in your thoughts about what I should be looking to get for him. Or, perhaps I should hang on to him. I'm not sure. I do have a surplus of talent in the OF. I'm tempted to go after a starting pitcher, but I've been more or less breaking even on pitching so far. I should also mention here that I just got Kemp last week (for Holliday + Kendrick) and am thus unsure of how he'll impact my team. Also, at some point Brandon Webb will come off the DL and hopefully be better than average. Any thoughts here?

C Bengie Molina
1B Prince Fielder
2B Aaron Hill
3B David Wright
SS Derek Jeter
OF Johnny Damon
OF Nate McLouth
OF Justin Upton
Util Matt Kemp
BN Joey Votto
BN Corey Hart
BN Adam Jones

SP Roy Oswalt
SP Jake Peavy
SP Wandy Rodríguez
SP Ross Ohlendorf
RP Trevor Hoffman
RP Francisco Cordero
P Ryan Franklin
P Jason Frasor
BN Gil Meche
BN Juan Cruz
BN Koji Uehara
DL Joakim Soria
DL Brandon Webb
Damon should get you an F-Her type of starter. For your team it would make sense. You're stacked at outfielder and your starting pitching has some holes.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Stumanji

Postby Stumanji » Fri May 22, 2009 3:37 pm

ekrase,

I just traded Damon & Fuentes for Ichiro, hoping he would be a long-term upgrade in the Avg and SB depts for me. I also have 47 closers, so it wasn't a huge deal for me to part with Fuentes. If Damon keeps it up, I might have given up a bit much, but I was going to have to make a 2-for-1 move at some point with Webb coming off the DL in a month or so. Grey didn't seem to like the deal, but what does he know? :P

Just my 2c.
12 tm roto keeper (keepers*), R, HR, RBI, SB, OPS, ERA, WHIP, K/9, Net Sv, QS

C: Sal Perez
1B: Butler*
2B: Phillips*
SS: A. Escobar
3B: Sandoval
MI: Altuve
CI: Frazier
OF: Trout*
OF: Bruce*
OF: Des Jennings
OF: Fowler
Util: V-Mart
Bench Bats: Berkman, Chris Carter, Leonys Martin
Minors: B. Hamilton*
Minors: Arenado*
Minors: Eaton
SP: Felix*
SP: Bumgarner*
SP: Morrow
SP: Niese
SP: Minor
RP: Kenley Jansen
RP: Janssen
RP: Fujikawa
Bench Arms: Gee, Cashner, Porcello
Minors: Bauer

wb1960
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby wb1960 » Sat May 23, 2009 9:56 am

I got Javier Vazquez for him straight up a few days ago
12 Team 5x5 Roto standard scoring
C:Suzuki,1B:LaRoche,2B:Hill,3B:Young,SS:E.Aybar,OF:Holliday,Hamilton,Crawford,
DH:Sizemore,UT:Rajai Davis,
SP:Wainwright,J.Vazquez,Danks,J.Sanchez,WayRod,Wells,Myers,RP:Bailey,Broxton,Bell,
J.Johnson,Franklin,BN:Borbon,E.Cabrera,CarGo,Konerko

Return to “Roster Rants, Raves, and Review”