Advice on Lineup

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy?
iconoclaste

Advice on Lineup

Postby iconoclaste » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:47 am

Hey there,

New to fantasy basketball. Just drafted a team, auction style, in a 20 team league. We get 8 roster spots.

My team is

Kemba Walker (PG)
Rodney Stuckey (PG, SG)
James Harden (SG, SF)
Giannis (SG, SF)
Draymond Green (SF)
Paul Pierce (SF, PF)
Serge Ibaka (PF, C)
Marquief Morris (PF, C)

My question is whether I am too loaded up on the small forward/shooting guard position vs center/pg. Will this hinder my flexibility when starting guys day to day. Would it makes sense, say to pick up a guy like Plumlee or other PF/C and let go of Green or Pierce. I can't see Plumlee as valuable as these guys straight up, but is having a backup that can be both PF/C more important?

Thanks!

JBRazzball

Re: Advice on Lineup

Postby JBRazzball » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:02 pm

Welcome to hoops!

Nah, I think I would roll with who you have. Pretty nasty team in a 20 teamer! I would keep my eye out for a PG that gets a starting job as my main priority, but Harden's out of position assists makes you solid there.

iconoclaste

Postby iconoclaste » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:53 pm

Thanks!

The bot took Durant for $134 to start, then a few other top guys followed suit for about $25-$30 above what guys were valued at in standard rankings. I got Harden for $91 and Ibaka for $76 which I felt was good to very good value. Then I just waited and waited until I got Kemba for $13. It played out well. I targeted both Harden and Ibaka as a strategy. I just got a bit lucky that they sold for as good of value as they did. If Giannis and Morris play out to their upside, then my team could be real good.

JBRazzball

Postby JBRazzball » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:07 pm

Yeah definitely inflates prices with only 8 roster spots. Kemba at $13?! Awesome value!

Return to “Basketball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”