Neris/Benoit

Steals/Saves Ain't Got No Face. Closers and speed talk. Which MRs are moving in? Which schmohawk speedster is getting steals at MI?
BigAhnold

Neris/Benoit

Postby BigAhnold » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:18 pm

Been watching Neris and took him in two leagues. He has looked very solid.

Very unhappy to read that they were promoting Benoit over Neris. Happy for Benoit and his family, and he is decent, but why didn't Neris get the gig?

I read one blurb alleging that they did not want to promote Neris for "contractual reasons." Anyone know what might be in Neris' contract?

Any reason Neris is NOT a hold at this point (in a redraft league), and should be outright dropped for someone who might actually get saves in 2017?

Any chance the Phillies come to their senses and put Neris in the closer role, or are they going to go through every other possibility in their system before considering Neris because of "contractual reasons?"
NL only, 5x5, 10 team, Roto, keeper
C Contreras C Nido 1B Hosmer 2B JBaez SS TTurner 3B KBryant MI SCastro CI Gyorko OF JPederson OF OHerrera OF Pence OF GPolanco OF DSantana UT NAhmed BN: Utley, DSmith
P Greinke P Montgomery P GMarquez P Pivetta P Ryu P Teheran P Nova P Lucchesi P Vizcaino BN: Hicks, JFields, Makita
DL: DeSclafani, Knebel, Leiter, Strahm, d'Arnaud
Farm: BRodgers, Hiura, Trammel, AReyes

AL only, 4x4, 10 team, Roto, keeper
C Zunino C Maldonado 1B JAbreu 2B DRobertson SS Segura 3B Valencia MI BMiller CI Pujols OF Betts OF Merrifield OF Reddick OF Delmonico OF Canha UT Stanton
P Verlander P Paxton P Snell P Gausman P McHugh P AChapman P CGreen P Alvarado P YChirinos
DL: AAlford, Salazar, RHealy, AMondesi
Minors: Mahtook

AL+NL, 5x5, 12 team, Roto, Redraft
C Alfaro C RMartin 1B JAbreu 2B JBaez SS TAnderson 3B Machado MI JPeraza CI ELongoria OF Harper OF Mancini OF BHamilton OF Puig OF ERosario UT Choo BN: Cron, Teoscar
P deGrom P Archer P SGray P Gausman P TWilliams P Wacha P LLynn P AChapman P Hand BN: JJimenez, Triggs
DL: DMurphy, Salazar, Britton

Grey

Re: Neris/Benoit

Postby Grey » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:10 am

I'd hold Neris until Benoit makes a few clean saves, then drop Neris for another potential closer
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

pythons007

Postby pythons007 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:01 pm

Now is it Neris? I really figured Philly would try to build up Benoit's value and try and flip him at the deadline.
C Castillo
1B Hoskins
2B Rizzo
3B Moustakas
SS Simmons
OF Betts/Stanton/Dickerson/Pillar
UTIL Machado

SP Hill/Wood/McCullers/Darvish/Lucchesi/Hamels/Reyes
RP Kimbrel/Knebel/Norris/Vizciano/Colome

BN Puig/Kingery/Longoria/Eaton

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:59 am

Hold Neris
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

pythons007

Postby pythons007 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:04 am

Is Benoit droppable?
C Castillo
1B Hoskins
2B Rizzo
3B Moustakas
SS Simmons
UTIL Machado

pythons007

Postby pythons007 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:23 pm

Neris recorded another save today...Benoit should be dropped, right?
C Castillo
1B Hoskins
2B Rizzo
3B Moustakas
SS Simmons
UTIL Machado

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:59 am

Yeah
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - SAGNOF”