OK..pulled the trigger and sent Longoria and Morneau packing

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
beastybri

OK..pulled the trigger and sent Longoria and Morneau packing

Postby beastybri » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:06 am

I sent Morneau, Longoria, Adam Jones and Leake
I received Lester, Neimann, Holliday and Cantu

I was able to ride Morneau hard and then flip him on the advice of Grey...I believe Holliday could be better than him in the second half...
I am sick of Adam Jones and basically got Neimann back for him
And, yes, it did hurt to part with Longoria, but I got Lester and Cantu for Longoria and Leake.
My league is H2H and I just felt like I needed to beef up my staff to compete with the other best guy in my league.
His SPs are Jiminez, Hughes, Nolasco, Carpenter, Jaime Garcia, Buchholz, Verlander and Scherzer.

Ready for your feedback...you probably think I blew it, huh?
C-Weiters; 1B-Konerko; 2B-Kipnis; SS-Tulo; 3B-Longoria; OF- Pence; Cruz; Bruuuce; Util- De Aza
SP- Kershaw; Zimmerman; Bumgarner; Hudson; Feliz;
RP- Marmol; Downs; Jansen; Thornton; Casilla;

Grey

Re: OK..pulled the trigger and sent Longoria and Morneau packing

Postby Grey » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:07 am

I would've took the Longoria side.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

beastybri

Postby beastybri » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:11 pm

ok...I know Grey is good, but come on people, he can't be the final word on shizz...he ain't the pope.
and Grey, you didn't address my biggest concern, which was beefing my staff...that sounds weird...but I had to give to get...you don't think I HAD to make this move for the playoffs? That other guy's staff is stacked.
C-Weiters; 1B-Konerko; 2B-Kipnis; SS-Tulo; 3B-Longoria; OF- Pence; Cruz; Bruuuce; Util- De Aza
SP- Kershaw; Zimmerman; Bumgarner; Hudson; Feliz;
RP- Marmol; Downs; Jansen; Thornton; Casilla;

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Niemann's garbage, Cantu's barely above a replacement level player and you gave two top tier corner men and a potential breakout and an outfielder that could easily turn things around.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

AdmiralTrey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby AdmiralTrey » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Personally I think you could've gotten a better deal in this trade... Morneau for Lester straight up would be a pretty even deal and would have helped you fill your need for pitching without trading Longoria, too.

Niemann has been very solid this year so far, Leake has been equally solid and has more upside, and Leake doesn't have to pitch in the AL East all year...

That leaves you with Longoria and Adam Jones for Holliday and Cantu... Holliday is a great player, but he's no Evan Longoria, and while Cantu is very good right now, he had a huge April last year, too, and then faded, counting stats-wise. Last year he only hit 9 HR's after April... Adam Jones will most likely be able to match that production.

If you'd just traded First Half Morneau for Lester, you'd have accomplished what you set out to do with the trade, without getting rid of everyone else.

10 Team 6X6 H2H Dynasty Year 5
C - Wilson Ramos
1B - Freddie Freeman
2B - Gleyber Torres
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Trea Turner
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Ronald Acuna
OF - Yordan Alvarez
OF - Kris Bryant
UTL - Javier Baez
UTL - Adalberto Mondesi
Bench - Rhys Hoskins, Miguel Sano, Byron Buxton, Jonathan Schoop, Rowdy Tellez

SP - Gerrit Cole, Stephen Strasburg, Blake Snell, Chris Sale, Jose Berrios, Chris Paddack, Mike Soroka, German Marquez
RP - Ken Giles, Dellin Betances, Taylor Rogers, Geovanny Gallegos, Colin Poche, Corey Knebel
Pedo NA Purgatory Felipse Vazquez

Prospects:
SP: Grayson Rodriguez, Josiah Gray, Seth Corry, Franklin Perez, Ryan Weathers, Blake Walston
RP: James Karinchak
OF: Luis Robert, Alek Thomas, Jesus Sanchez, Kameron Misner, Bayron Lora
IF: Vidal Brujan, Alexander Mojica, Malcolm Nunez, Greg Jones, Gunnar Henderson
C: Sam Huff, Luis Campusano, William Contreras

Results:
2019 - 4th place. Finished regular season 20 games ahead of 2nd place but fell apart in the playoffs.
2018 - 1st place. Finished regular season 24 games ahead of 2nd place and won in the playoffs.
2017 - 2nd place. Finished regular season 5 games ahead of 2nd place but lost in the playoffs.
2016 - 1st place. Finished regular season 1.5 games behind 1st but won in the playoffs

Pirate Jesus!
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Pirate Jesus! » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:06 pm

Yeah, you got taken to the cleaners...

sf05

Postby sf05 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:46 pm

Basically you made a bad trade, don't get mad at Grey for telling you.

Matt

Postby Matt » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:23 pm

i wouldn't have made that deal if it was just longo...you got penetrated my friend

Garnold

Postby Garnold » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:18 pm

Jones/Leake and Niemann/Cantu cancel themselves out for being scrippy and replaceable off waivers.

So basically:

You sent Morneau and Longo
and got Lester and Holliday

Longoria is the best player in the deal and Morneau is about equal to Holliday if not better. Also, Lester pitches in the A.L. east and could end up getting clobbered.

I agree with Grey. You got clobbered.
12 team mixed 5x5 Roto Redraft

C: Gattis
1B: Rizzo
2B: Altuve
3B: Franco
SS: Reyes
CI: Pujols
MI: Schoop
OF: McCutchen
OF: Trumbo
OF: Wil Myers
OF: J-Upton
OF: Billy Burns
UTIL: Holt

Bench: Jarrod Dyson, Gallo,
DL: Do. Santana, Steve Pearce

SP's: J Fernandez, Price, Harvey, Salazar, Pomeranz, Smyly, DeScalfini, Chen, Glasnow
RP's: Will Harris, Ziegler, Jean Gomez, Will Smith

Pirate Jesus!
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Pirate Jesus! » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:25 pm

Jones/Leake and Niemann/Cantu cancel themselves out for being scrippy and replaceable off waivers.

So basically:

You sent Morneau and Longo
and got Lester and Holliday

Longoria is the best player in the deal and Morneau is about equal to Holliday if not better. Also, Lester pitches in the A.L. east and could end up getting clobbered.

I agree with Grey. You got clobbered.
And beyond that, while Jones is replaceable in production right now, there's no way he continues to put up the terrible numbers he has so far this year. At some point, you've got to expect the switch to go on.

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”