How do I look?

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
sportznutt

How do I look?

Postby sportznutt » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:55 am

Team 1 in sig.

Midway though the season, I thought I’d get your opinion on how the team looks. I think I’m doing alright with some good buy lows right now. I have 3 catchers, which has not helped, but overall I’m quite happy with this team. I’m currently projected to be 39 innings over the cap, so I’m actively trying to trade Happ and/or Stripling.

A lot of teams tell me they only want Vlad from my team, which leads me to believe they’re playing hardball. Or am I Homer Simpson and everyone is stupid but me? I’m thinking it’s because I’m near the top and they know I should offer more? I could probably get Sale ($43x2) and Nola ($37x3) for Vlad but I don’t know if that’s the right move, given my innings cap situation, and because if I’m good enough to win this year, I don’t want tomsclacrofice next year to do so. I think I have a shot to be really good for awhile. I also have 2 players coming off the DL soon. I know dropping Barretto is an easy move. Not sure about the other.

Any input at all is appreciated. I know you don’t know he other teams or rosters or anything else, but any outside opinion is great.
Team 1: 11 team points league

Batters Stat Category Value
At Bats (AB) -1
Hits (H) 5.6
Doubles (2B) 2.9
Triples (3B) 5.7
Home Runs (HR) 9.4
Stolen Bases (SB) 1.9
Caught Stealing (CS) -2.8
Walks (BB) 3.0
Hit By Pitch (HBP) 3.0
Pitchers Stat Category Value
Innings Pitched (IP) 7.4
Saves (SV) 5
Hits (H) -2.6
Home Runs (HR) -12.3
Walks (BB) -3
Hit Batters (HBP) -3
Strikeouts (K) 2
Holds (HLD) 4

C - Perez
1B - Abreu
2B - Rizzo
SS - Polanco
MI - Bregman
3B - Devers
LF - Mazarra
RF - Judge
CF - Benintendi
OF - Hoskins
OF - Acuna
Util - C. Taylor
Bench - B. Rodgers, Merrifield, Olson, Vlad, Tatis, Y. Melina, Healy, Barretto
DL - Sanchez

SP - Kluber, Stripling, Ray, Price, Happ, Bumgarner, deGrom
RP - Rivero, Reed, Vizceino, Giles
DL - Edwards Jr.

2 DL spots
DL -

Team 2: 11 Team AL Only roto, 5X5

C - Sanchez
1B - Abreu
2B - J. Ramirez
3B - Seager
SS -
MI -
CI - Gallo
OF - Benintendi
OF - Betts
OF -
OF - Judge
OF -
DH - Zimmer

P - Stroman
P -
P -
P -
P -
P -
P - Colome
P - Bedrosian
P -

BN - Frazier
BN - V. Guerrero
BN - Calhoun

Grey

Re: How do I look?

Postby Grey » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:56 am

Team 1 in sig.

Midway though the season, I thought I’d get your opinion on how the team looks. I think I’m doing alright with some good buy lows right now. I have 3 catchers, which has not helped, but overall I’m quite happy with this team. I’m currently projected to be 39 innings over the cap, so I’m actively trying to trade Happ and/or Stripling.

A lot of teams tell me they only want Vlad from my team, which leads me to believe they’re playing hardball. Or am I Homer Simpson and everyone is stupid but me? I’m thinking it’s because I’m near the top and they know I should offer more? I could probably get Sale ($43x2) and Nola ($37x3) for Vlad but I don’t know if that’s the right move, given my innings cap situation, and because if I’m good enough to win this year, I don’t want tomsclacrofice next year to do so. I think I have a shot to be really good for awhile. I also have 2 players coming off the DL soon. I know dropping Barretto is an easy move. Not sure about the other.

Any input at all is appreciated. I know you don’t know he other teams or rosters or anything else, but any outside opinion is great.
Don't trade Vlad for a rental... If they were smart, they'd have Vlad....
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:57 am

C - Perez
1B - Abreu
2B - Rizzo
SS - Polanco
MI - Bregman
3B - Devers
LF - Mazarra
RF - Judge
CF - Benintendi
OF - Hoskins
OF - Acuna
Util - C. Taylor
DL - Sanchez

DL - Edwards Jr.
Can trade Barretto, Sal Perez (or Molina) and Olson to upgrade Mazara or Devers maybe... If not, your team looks stacked and awesome, wouldn't do anything major...
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

sportznutt

Postby sportznutt » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:04 am

Thanks for the input and the reassurance. I’ll get over my innings cap fear and put my studs in every game. I’ll play Stripling and Happ when the matchups are right and then just (hopefully) thrive.

At Bats (AB) -1
Hits (H) 5.6
Doubles (2B) 2.9
Triples (3B) 5.7
Home Runs (HR) 9.4
Stolen Bases (SB) 1.9
Walks (BB) 3.0
Hit By Pitch (HBP) 3.0
Innings Pitched (IP) 7.4
Saves (SV) 5
Hits (H) -2.6
Home Runs (HR) -12.3
Walks (BB) -3
Hit Batters (HBP) -3
Strikeouts (K) 2
Holds (HLD) 4

C - Perez
1B - Abreu
2B - Rizzo
SS - Polanco
MI - Bregman
3B - Devers
LF - Mazarra
RF - Judge
CF - Benintendi
OF - Hoskins
OF - Acuna
Util - C. Taylor
DL - Sanchez

DL - Edwards Jr.

2 DL spots
DL -

C - Sanchez
1B - Abreu
2B - J. Ramirez
3B - Seager
SS -
MI -
CI - Gallo
OF - Benintendi
OF - Betts
OF -
OF - Judge
OF -
DH - Zimmer

P - Stroman
P -
P -
P -
P -
P -
P - Colome
P - Bedrosian
P -

BN - Frazier
BN - V. Guerrero
BN - Calhoun

sportznutt

Postby sportznutt » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:57 am

One quick follow up:

Is proposing my $1 Olson, $$1 Yadier and $1 Barreto for his $60 Bryant too major? Not enough going his way? That Bryant can’t be dropped for 2 years either and is 20% of my budget for next season. The team I’d be trading with is rebuilding.

At Bats (AB) -1
Hits (H) 5.6
Doubles (2B) 2.9
Triples (3B) 5.7
Home Runs (HR) 9.4
Stolen Bases (SB) 1.9
Walks (BB) 3.0
Hit By Pitch (HBP) 3.0
Innings Pitched (IP) 7.4
Saves (SV) 5
Hits (H) -2.6
Home Runs (HR) -12.3
Walks (BB) -3
Hit Batters (HBP) -3
Strikeouts (K) 2
Holds (HLD) 4

C - Perez
1B - Abreu
2B - Rizzo
SS - Polanco
MI - Bregman
3B - Devers
LF - Mazarra
RF - Judge
CF - Benintendi
OF - Hoskins
OF - Acuna
Util - C. Taylor
DL - Sanchez

DL - Edwards Jr.

2 DL spots
DL -

C - Sanchez
1B - Abreu
2B - J. Ramirez
3B - Seager
SS -
MI -
CI - Gallo
OF - Benintendi
OF - Betts
OF -
OF - Judge
OF -
DH - Zimmer

P - Stroman
P -
P -
P -
P -
P -
P - Colome
P - Bedrosian
P -

BN - Frazier
BN - V. Guerrero
BN - Calhoun

Grey

Postby Grey » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:14 am

Doesn't seem like enough for the other person, but can try
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”